mika guitar tabs and piano for couple songs..

mel_tinydancer

Some guitar tabs that i thought someone might enjoy playing around with..:biggrin2:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/print.php?what=tab&id=475971

^^ Any Other World Guitar Tabs, which i'm not crazy about, but they're better that nothing :]

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/print.php?what=tab&id=473194

^^ Billy Brown Guitar Tabs [really fun to play!]

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/print.php?what=tab&id=458830

^^ Grace Kelly Guitar Tabs

and.. i've been working on the piano part for Happy Ending and here's what i have..

intro chords:

C# F G# (This is the way you left me)

G# C D# (I'm Not Pretending)

Bb C# F (No hope, No Love, No Glory)

F# Bb C# (No Happy Ending)

C# F G# (This is the way that we love)

G# C D# (like it's forever)

Bb C# F (then live the rest of our life)

F# Bb C# (But not together)

then for the verse its

C# F G# (Wake up in the)

G# C D# (Morning)

F# Bb C# (Stumble on my)

C# F G# (Life)

**High C#, then G#, then F**

Bb C# F (Can't get no)

G# C D# (love without)

G# C D# (sacri-)

F G# C# (-fice)

Then it basically repeats for the rest of the verse and for the "little bit of love" choir part, just play it more lightly with a different rhythm..

Listen to the song on your ipod or whatever while your playing it to get the rhythm to play the chords and what octave you want to play it in.. oh and the really high little 3 note arpeggio after ever line is a high C# then G# then F. it's in like C#/Db major i think.. :thumb_yello:

I'm starting to work on Stuck in the Middle and Over My Shoulder, Stuck in the Middle goes something like D, G, C, F, E then back to D on the octave bass part at the beginning.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to go and put batteries into my keybard and try pressing things and see what happens :naughty:

See if if I can bash a recognisable tune out of it... or maybe I'll just print them and make my friend play them for me lol

I've gven up, it just sounds like me trying to make up a tune :naughty: I'd really like the piano intro to Grace Kelly... not that I could do that either lol. I'l get my nan on it at the weekend, she's magic- you name a song and she picks it out on the keyboard in about a minute.

Well, i sorta improvised a piano version for grace kelly, so, if you wanna try, here it is! It's far from accurate but it's good enough for singing along while holding a toothbrush in your hand(works for me anyway) and i have a long list of excuses for why i'm so useless at this, if need be:naughty: .

I think the main chords are G C D7sus4 D7, but i try to dress it up to the best of my ability.

The left hand riff ( i've never tabbed piano before so i might get the terminology wrong) i think goes a bit like G G F# G G F# G G D F D F# on a lower octave and i just repeat it throughout the intro and verses.

First verse

G

Do i attract you, do I repulse you

C G

with my queasy smile [and so on]

Pre-chorus

G C

I try to be like Grace Kelly,

D7sus4 D7 G

but all her looks were too sad [and so on]

Chorus

G G5

I could be brown, I could be blue,

(F#) G* a* b* C

I could be vi - o - let sky

C D7sus4

I could be hurtful, i could be purple,

D7 G

i could be anything you like

G G5

Gotta be green, gotta be mean,

(F#) G* a* b* C

gotta be e - very - thin more

C D7sus4

Why don't you like me, why don't you like me,

D7 G

walk out the door !!!

Second verse

G G5

How can i help it, how can i help it,

(F#) G* a* b* C

how can i help what you think

C D7sus4

Hello my baby, hello my baby ,

D7 G

puttin my life on the brink [and so on]

Second pre-chorus

G G5 (F#)G*a*b*C

I try to be like Grace Kelly [Mmmmmm......],

D7sus4 D7 G

but all her looks were too sad [Aaaaaa....]

G G5 (F#)G*a*b*C

So I try a little Freddy [Mmmmmm......],

D7sus4 D7

I got identity mad!

That's about it...oh, and (F#) means you play the note alone, and G* means that you play only the first two notes of the triad, i think it sounds better that way, and i don't know if there's a name for that chord

Thanks for tuning in:)

oh goodness me!! thank-you so much for all of this informatio, im piano mad anyway and have being trying hard to get past the GG F# bit! haha My life is now complete. Also i've worked out the beggining of my intepretation i think it's this: G A D D C B G D D C B G A D D C B G C B G

Might not be in the right key but hey ho!!

I wish music notes were an international language !! I have no idea what it could be in French notes :no::emot-sad::crybaby: Anyway... I don't have a piano here so i couldn't play it even if it was in French... Sadness is over !! Hope it's working for you !

I wish music notes were an international language !! I have no idea what it could be in French notes :no::emot-sad::crybaby: Anyway... I don't have a piano here so i couldn't play it even if it was in French... Sadness is over !! Hope it's working for you !

it is an international language! you see, i had no idea either...i studied piano for 4 years in primary school and didnt get round to learning chords and stuff like that, and i could only read sheet music and thought that was the whole thing. but then i taught myself guitar, and they use tabs to write music so that you can easily read/write it in electronic format...and this is unanimous, regardless of the country you're in and what you call the notes there. and recently i was looking for piano sheet music, but its really hard to find for modern songs, so i came across piano tabs and thats how i realised it works in the same way...basically, the most basic note, if i may say so,is C(in romanian it's called DO, i'm not sure if it's the same in french) and the next are D, E, F, G, A, B and C again..it's simple right? and this way you can translate tabs into sheet music; only, if you wanna play by ear and things like that, you'll have to go a bit deeper; i'm a bit busy with school now but when i'll have time i'll start taking some chord theory classes over the internet...some are free and some cost a bit, but you can get an idea of what its all about and progressively evolve from there on your own. if you really like playing the piano, you might want to find some similar lessons on the net...just google something like 'learn to play chord piano' or 'chord piano lessons'and dont forget to include the word free:wink2: if you like, i'm gonna post the link to a site where you can find a lot of offers for lessons like these including a free yearlong weekly newsletter that is pretty basic, but gets you started, that's the one i'm gonna take up. i'm not really good at explaining things, but i hope this gives you an idea and who knows, even motivates you to find out some more for yourself! good luck!

it is an international language! you see, i had no idea either...i studied piano for 4 years in primary school and didnt get round to learning chords and stuff like that, and i could only read sheet music and thought that was the whole thing. but then i taught myself guitar, and they use tabs to write music so that you can easily read/write it in electronic format...and this is unanimous, regardless of the country you're in and what you call the notes there. and recently i was looking for piano sheet music, but its really hard to find for modern songs, so i came across piano tabs and thats how i realised it works in the same way...basically, the most basic note, if i may say so,is C(in romanian it's called DO, i'm not sure if it's the same in french) and the next are D, E, F, G, A, B and C again..it's simple right? and this way you can translate tabs into sheet music; only, if you wanna play by ear and things like that, you'll have to go a bit deeper; i'm a bit busy with school now but when i'll have time i'll start taking some chord theory classes over the internet...some are free and some cost a bit, but you can get an idea of what its all about and progressively evolve from there on your own. if you really like playing the piano, you might want to find some similar lessons on the net...just google something like 'learn to play chord piano' or 'chord piano lessons'and dont forget to include the word free:wink2: if you like, i'm gonna post the link to a site where you can find a lot of offers for lessons like these including a free yearlong weekly newsletter that is pretty basic, but gets you started, that's the one i'm gonna take up. i'm not really good at explaining things, but i hope this gives you an idea and who knows, even motivates you to find out some more for yourself! good luck!

Thank you very much ! It already helps to know that C is Do !! That's basically what i was talking about saying that i didn't understand those notes (tabs ?) your were talking about... In French, we have DO - RE - MI - FA - SOL - LA - SI and back to DO... I can read sheet music, but i'm not a real piano player, i only learnt it during 1 year, a long time ago, even if i liked it...

For the chords lessons, I'm afraid i really won't have the time this year and the next one, and i don't even have a piano to use so i couldn't practise... So it's not really interesting for me at the moment alas...

Thank you so much for all the info ! And i may have a look to the website you wanna post the link to.... :wink2:

Hey!it's just the same in romanian, i had no idea. the site is http://www.playpiano.com and the link to the free offer is http://www.playpiano.com/free_offer.htm; i've only gone through the first couple of lessons and its pretty useful.it does seem a bit intimidating at times but you figure it out eventually and make amazing progress in a short period of time, and it's meant for adults so it doesnt take that much time at all; if it doesnt work for you, i'm sure there are plenty more on the web. and i dont have a piano either, just a dusty three-octave keyboard that's missing a key and one of the speakers, but where there's a will, there's a way. so if you enjoy playing the piano, i'm sure you'll find the time and means to do it eventually! i'm really glad i could help out:)