Pink Floyd

Mici

I have been a fan for many years, i always say that i wish i was born maybe a decade or 2 early to be able to catch them live in the prime of their career.

I could spend hours just listening to their music and i also the music very inspiring.

Favorite albums: The Piper at the Gates of Dawn,A Saucerful of Secrets,The Wall, Dark Side Of The Moon, Animals (short but brilliant album).

Breathe, breathe in the air.

Don't be afraid to care.

Leave but don't leave me.

Look around and choose your own ground.

Long you live and high you fly

And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry

And all you touch and all you see

Is all your life will ever be.

Run, rabbit run.

Dig that hole, forget the sun,

And when at last the work is done

Don't sit down it's time to dig another one.

For long you live and high you fly

But only if you ride the tide

And balanced on the biggest wave

You race towards an early grave.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

one name: syd barrett, pink floyd's lost genius songwriter

abi.jpg

Syd Barrett Dark Globe Lyrics

Oh where are you now

pussy willow that smiled on this leaf?

When I was alone you promised the stone from your heart

my head kissed the ground

I was half the way down, treading the sand

please, please, lift a hand

I'm only a person whose armbands beat

on his hands, hang tall

won't you miss me?

Wouldn't you miss me at all?

The poppy birds way

swing twigs coffee brands around

brandish her wand with a feathery tongue

my head kissed the ground

I was half the way down, treading the sand

please, please, please lift the hand

I'm only a person with Eskimo chain

I tattooed my brain all the way...

Won't you miss me?

Wouldn't you miss me at all?

sydbarrettatflatbymickrock5.jpg

Pink Floyd songs from Syd's period in the band are the best.

Lime and limpid green

a second scene,

A fight between the blue

you once knew.

Floating down the sound resounds

Around the icy waters underground

Jupiter and Saturn

Oberon Miranda and Titania

Neptune Titan

Stars can frighten...you

Blinding signs flap flicker flicker flicker

Blam pow pow

Stairway scare Dan Dare,who's there?

Lime and limpid green

The sound surrounds the icy waters under

Lime and limpid green

The sound surrounds the icy waters

Underground

I was pretty much raised on a steady diet of Pink Floyd.

I used to make my daddy play 'Bike' over and over again until he got mad, and I knew the words to 'Comfortably Numb' by the time I was about 5.

I was pretty much raised on a steady diet of Pink Floyd.

I used to make my daddy play 'Bike' over and over again until he got mad, and I knew the words to 'Comfortably Numb' by the time I was about 5.

I've discovered them rather late around 7 years ago, but since then i am a devoted fan.

I've discovered them rather late around 7 years ago, but since then i am a devoted fan.

You're miles ahead of me, though. I'm not that big of a fan anymore. Not that I hate them, but I only own a couple of their CDs, and I rarely listen to them.

• 1 month later...

Mici! My musical sister!! Why on Earth did I miss this thread? Thanks for bumping...

Of course I love Pink Floyd, especially Syd Barrett's times. "Wish You Were here" is one of my favourite albums of all times, and the tittle song is a must too. It always makes me cry, so delicate, so sweet... Have you ever seen them (or what's left of them) live? It's one of my regrets...

Mici! My musical sister!! Why on Earth did I miss this thread? Thanks for bumping...

Of course I love Pink Floyd, especially Syd Barrett's times. "Wish You Were here" is one of my favourite albums of all times, and the tittle song is a must too. It always makes me cry, so delicate, so sweet... Have you ever seen them (or what's left of them) live? It's one of my regrets...

I love this album as well very much. Wish you were here is such a well put together song, with the guitar in the begining and David Gilmour's amazing voice.

I really like their early stuff from the Syd Barrett's time as well. the best albums they made back then were in my view "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn" & "A Saucerful of Secrets", then of course came 'Dark side of the moon" & "The Wall", who i like very much as well as "Animals". :wub2:

I love this album as well very much. Wish you were here is such a well put together song, with the guitar in the begining and David Gilmour's amazing voice.

I really like their early stuff from the Syd Barrett's time as well. the best albums they made back then were in my view "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn" & "A Saucerful of Secrets", then of course came 'Dark side of the moon" & "The Wall", who i like very much as well as "Animals". :wub2:

Yes, I think it's the perfect song: it transports you to distant places and shakes you when Syd wanted you to be shaken, and David's voice is just stunning... He was a genius, how I would have loved to see him live is too obvious to say.

I agree it's the best time by far, especially "The Piper...", I don't know why I've always had a fixation on that album.

i love pink floyd:) my favourite song is "Mother" or "Comfortably Numb"

Hey, you too!! That's great, another one :punk: I love both songs very much, they make me daydream every time I listen to them.

I agree it's the best time by far, especially "The Piper...", I don't know why I've always had a fixation on that album.

From this album the one song that is constantly in my head is "Astronomy Domaine", it's psychedilia at it's best & such a great song.

From this album the one song that is constantly in my head is "Astronomy Domaine", it's psychedilia at it's best & such a great song.

Absolutely!!! The starting point of a new era, not only in music but in culture in general, don't you agree?

Absolutely!!! The starting point of a new era, not only in music but in culture in general, don't you agree?

Oh yeah, it was very progressive at it's time, also everytime i listen to it scenes from "2001: A Space Odyssey" comes to my head, it would have been perfect tune for that movie.

Oh yeah, it was very progressive at it's time, also everytime i listen to it scenes from "2001: A Space Odyssey" comes to my head, it would have been perfect tune for that movie.

:shocked: I'm starting to be afraid... Get out of my head!!! Same thing happens to me! :shocked: Also, "2001" is one of my fav movies...

I'd never heard of any of their songs apart from 'the wall'. And I didn't know much about them until my best friend started going out with Nick Mason's son (very sweet boy, just like the dad :thumb_yello:) so I've learnt a few things about them, but errm, I'm still not keen on their music. But they've come a very long way

My husbands's a big Pink Floyd fan and has loads of their stuff on vinyl which I keep meaning to listen to (but it's an inconvenient medium these days, the old vinyl!). What I have heard though, I like.

I really only know Dark Side of the Moon, and some of The Wall. Oh and Careful With That Axe Eugene and that really weird experimental thing about several species of animal in a cave grooving with a Pict, or something (Floyd fans will know what I'm talking about, :roftl:)

Asun, I keep running into you :naughty:

I love Pink Floyd. When I was in my total hippie period when I was about 16 I listened to them a lot, and I had a boyfriend who was probably their biggest fan in the world, especially of David Gilmour, he even looked the spitting image of him (which I did not at all mind of course) We had this perfect summer of love listening to Dark side of the moon and Wish you were here all the time, but then he dumped me and I couldn't listen to them for years without crying :sad:

But yeah, now they just remind me of a good time, and they've just made a lot of absolutely brilliant music :wink2:

Love love love LOVE Pink Floyd. Just a hair behind my love for Queen. I went to see Roger Waters in June and even though I resent him somewhat for the way he treated the rest of the band, the concert was absolutely amazing...

I think my favourite album has to be Wish You Were Here, but none of their music ISN'T genius...

I'd never heard of any of their songs apart from 'the wall'. And I didn't know much about them until my best friend started going out with Nick Mason's son (very sweet boy, just like the dad :thumb_yello:) so I've learnt a few things about them, but errm, I'm still not keen on their music. But they've come a very long way

:shocked::shocked::shocked:

Are you kidding? NICK MASON'S SON? Did you meet them both??!!!

*faints*

I really only know Dark Side of the Moon, and some of The Wall. Oh and Careful With That Axe Eugene and that really weird experimental thing about several species of animal in a cave grooving with a Pict, or something (Floyd fans will know what I'm talking about, :roftl:)

Hehehe...yes, that one...

i was a huuuge listener of Pink Floyd in my younger years..i WAS there when their best albums were released...yes, i AM quite old!

so thanks for this thread, it matches with the bowie one for me....:wub2:

:shocked::shocked::shocked:

Are you kidding? NICK MASON'S SON? Did you meet them both??!!!

*faints*

I haven't met Nick properly, I've just seen him about whenever I go to their house. And yeah I've met his son, we went to this party together last week, but I don't really hang out with him unless my friend is there. It's actually a very funny way I met him :roftl: I had this crush on a boy, so at the time I always used to go on bebo, and I searched for people in his school that would know of him, then I found Nick's son (not knowing who he was) but then I found out the boy I liked was a real idiot :sad: but hey I got Mika to drool over now :naughty: