Mika Reigns At Parc des Princes

elanorelle

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/press_releases/detail/27043

this might be a copy of an older article.(someone can let me know)..however it talks about MIKA's stage preparation at Parc Des Princes at the July 4th Concert. From Arabianbusiness.com. Talks of some technical aspects of stage design

xx

Suzanne

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Suzanne. That's very interesting. I can't believe they started working on it in May!!

Well, when Rose and I bumped into him in May he was already quite matter of fact about what he was doing, etc...He more or less implied that he had it all panned out.

About the stage - I recently noticed on a very old movie that my parents took of a circus performance when I was small, that the stage in the circus was like that: the curtain had that shape of an "open mouth". I guess that Es' idea came from here?

This is a great article, with a lot of detail. I like it.

Well, when Rose and I bumped into him in May he was already quite matter of fact about what he was doing, etc...He more or less implied that he had it all panned out.

Well what's going on in Mika's head and getting these huge ass panels built, assembled, tested and shipped to another country are two different things.

I've planned trade shows exhibits and you wouldn't want to push it much past the start of June to get standard vinyl panels organized for a 10' x 10' booth.

I guess it's my own experience with incompetence and Murphy's Law that I would not expect an undertaking of this size to go "together easily on the first try – it was all very matter of fact really. Everything just went to plan!"

Not in my world!! :naughty:

That article is amazing, I love the exact details of the colours and panels. I wonder if Mika ever even knew those details, or he handed it over to these great set makers, and just gave client approval?!

Can you imagine the first time he saw it all set up in the Wakefield studio test run (if in fact he did). He must have been bowled over.:naughty:

That article is amazing, I love the exact details of the colours and panels. I wonder if Mika ever even knew those details, or he handed it over to these great set makers, and just gave client approval?!

Can you imagine the first time he saw it all set up in the Wakefield studio test run (if in fact he did). He must have been bowled over.:naughty:

Absolutely!

The whole article's really interesting, though I don't really understand most of the tech stuff. And to me, May seems way late. Though again, this opinion's based on ignorance of how these things work.

thanks for posting elanorelle

wow, so much work has to be done before the show!

and i don't think that 5 or 6 weeks is very much, considering all the work that had to be done.

They had to decide if it was achievable on such a scale – which luckily it was

what it they had decided that it wasn't achievable... then what???

i understand you christine, we own a printing company and we also do things for exhibits and i hate it when customers wait til the last minute to approve my designs or to decide to go to print, they make me nervous! :bleh:

this might be a copy of an older article.(someone can let me know)..however it talks about MIKA's stage preparation at Parc Des Princes at the July 4th Concert. From Arabianbusiness.com. Talks of some technical aspects of stage design

xx

Suzanne

Great and interesting article! Thanks for posting Suzanne:thumb_yello:

xx

Suzanne

Thank you Ellanorelle!

You know you're the bestest :P