MIKA eyes eurovision entry

Lollipop

Pop sensation MIKA is planning to represent his home country of Lebanon in the 2008 Eurovision Song Contest - because the current entries are "crap".

The star, whose debut album LIFE IN CARTOON MOTION has garnered comparisons to the late FREDDIE MERCURY, hopes that with his help, his native country will reach the final stages of the competition.

He says, "I'll write a song for the Lebanese finals next year (08). The music in Eurovision is crap now. It used to be great." But Mika may have to wait another year before his Eurovision dreams materialise, as Lebanon are banned from the contest until 2009. The country was dealt the three-year punishment after withdrawing from the competition in 2005, having refused to broadcast the Israeli entry on national television.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pop sensation MIKA is planning to represent his home country of Lebanon in the 2008 Eurovision Song Contest - because the current entries are "crap".

The star, whose debut album LIFE IN CARTOON MOTION has garnered comparisons to the late FREDDIE MERCURY, hopes that with his help, his native country will reach the final stages of the competition.

He says, "I'll write a song for the Lebanese finals next year (08). The music in Eurovision is crap now. It used to be great." But Mika may have to wait another year before his Eurovision dreams materialise, as Lebanon are banned from the contest until 2009. The country was dealt the three-year punishment after withdrawing from the competition in 2005, having refused to broadcast the Israeli entry on national television.

Oh, How do you know this? It's Amazing though! :biggrin2: Go Mika! :thumb_yello:

NO! Eurovision is starting to suck real hard.. I don't want him to be one of them.. Mika is so great.. No .. please.. not..

*Unless he wins of course*

I agree, Eurovision is not really that good. But if Mika wants to go, I don't have anything against it :D Finally there'd be some real talent!

apparently Justin Hawkins is competing to represent this year with some backing singer woman? That and the arc(sweden) will be worth watching!! Mika does geeky things and makes them cool, but i kind of like the euro contest as it is its funny with all the dodgy voting and stuff:naughty:

^Yeah - and I can vote on him! WEE! But what if he fails..? If he looses.. nah.. That wouldn't happen!

I actually don't care if he's song wins or loses (but it can't lose), if he wants to help Lebanon, that's great!! It would be the best lyrics in eurovision ever!! :punk:

Lebanon : twelve points !!!!!!

I was amused to death by the winners, last year ! Certainly because I used to be a huge fan of a hard-rock band called Kiss, who used to wear outrageous make-up and costumes when I was a teenager ! Those finnish kinda reminded me of them !!!! At least, it changed a little ! It was funny !

When you watch the Eurovision this year, don't be too afraid of the French group, please ! I just can't believe they have been chosen !!!! :blush-anim-cl:

I'm not a Eurovision fan but if there is a song written by Mika in 2008 and most of all, if he SINGS it, I'll be there to watch, and then...:blowup:

:thumb_yello: It would make a great difference to the stuff that is on offer, though last year 's was very funny (the highlights I saw), and Mika could write a great song and stipulate what ought to be worn and who and how sung.... it would def. get more people to watch it!

Go fot itm, Mika!

I must say, I was 100% behind Lordi, last year, because it was so different to what usually wins.

I do agree with Mika it is getting a bit stale of late, Morrisey actually approached the BBC this year to ask if he could write an entry for it as he thought he could do a lot better than anything we have put in recently, so maybe we'll see something from him next year.

I think that it's not about the songs anymore, it's got way too political with the voting, and I think that's just spoiled it .I hope Mika does get to write an entry, I'm pretty sure he would do it well, and can you really see anyone but him perfoming it, I don't think so.

Lebanon : twelve points !!!!!!

I used to be a huge fan of a hard-rock band called Kiss, who used to wear outrageous make-up and costumes when I was a teenager ! :

I've heard Kiss was one of Lordi's great inspirations...

I'm not that big fan of Eurovision either! I've watched it only three different times! But if Mika would write lyrics to Lebanese song... God I'll watch it!! :thumb_yello:

This story is spreading through the press.... London's Metro.. basically saying the same thing though :)

It truly is spreading! :shocked:

I wonder whether it's just something Mika has said even not really meaning it...

Something like: "Haha, I do like eurovision, the music used to be better, it's kinda crap right now...

Maybe I should write a song for Lebanon! :naughty: "

And then the press strikes... :roftl:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: oh dear :shocked: Would be fun, but it's so political these days that it doesn't matter much with the songs, he'd probably do really terrible in the contest...if he'd even get to participate, usually the songs are crap because the good ones don't make it through the national finals :naughty: