The Official Freddie Mercury Rememberance Thread

I think Freddie Mercury was an amazing person and well deserves a thread all to himself! I saw the suggestion in another thread and thought it was a great idea, so here we are. All Freddie fans who want to show some love to one of the most brilliant male vocalists in rock history are welcome!

P.S. You can add vids or pics of Queen if you want to! Thanks!

:punk:

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I loved him too.

I was lucky enough to see him perform live twice and he was utterly brilliant.

When he died I was devastated. I cried every day for weeks. I still can't watch him on video without getting a bit tearful.

Freddie is irreplacable.

He was an amazing man who still holds a very special place in my heart...

1985 , the last tour and I had major family issues , missed it , 1992 the tribute concert one of the best and also saddest days ever!!!

I remember listening to every album thinking is this the last one??? , days of our lives it so hard to watch .

Theres always a freddie shaped hole in my heart

My HERO!!!!!

I dont honestly know where to start first!

me neither..

exccelent voice, incredible front man, natural born performer, amazing charm even if not a beauty. in a word unique.

when he died I cried and cried and cried.. I absolutely adored him.

one of my biggest regerts is to have never seen queen playing live (my parents didn't think it was a good idea back then). so I made a point of seeing live mika now. I have seen several other bands/singers in the meantime and they still think it's not a good idea, though I am not anylonger in the age to need approval or permission.. :wink2:

lost cause.

I was lucky enough to see him perform live twice and he was utterly brilliant.

I wish I could have seen him live but he died about a year before I was born...:tears:...but my stepdad said that he saw him in concert in 85 I believe and I was so jealous. So what's your guys' fave song from him?

Was is 1985?

I thought that it was 1986. I worked it out from how old I was (nearly 19 and in my first year at university).

I could be wrong though :boxed:

Yeh 1986 , sorry my dad died 1985 everything gets associated with that year ! .. Knebworth 86 was his final show

Cant believe I never seen him it actually hurts

Yeh 1986 , sorry my dad died 1985 everything gets associated with that year ! .. Knebworth 86 was his final show

Cant believe I never seen him it actually hurts

I wish that you'd been there with me!

I went with a group of people that I hardly knew plus my room-mate. I didn't realise the significance of it at the time because I didn't know that it was to be my last chance to see him. :sad:

I wish that you'd been there with me!

I went with a group of people that I hardly knew plus my room-mate. I didn't realise the significance of it at the time because I didn't know that it was to be my last chance to see him. :sad:

Ohh shame , the tribute concert I was 4 rows from the front , it was one amazing day !

Ohh shame , the tribute concert I was 4 rows from the front , it was one amazing day !

You had seats!!!?? :shocked:

-Sorry to show my ignorance, but was it at Wembley?

ps. I've just realised that it would have been a bit weird to have taken you to Wembley in '86 because you'd have been about 14! -Imagine what my friends would have said! :naughty:

Speaking of Wembley, just recently got the CD of the concert that Queen performed in at Wembley Stadium. It sounded amazing! Wish I had been there to see it for myself! :punk:

It was, but I was so swept up in the whole experience that I can't really remember much about it. I was stone cold sober, but my memory of it is seriously blurred!

You had seats!!!?? :shocked:

-Sorry to show my ignorance, but was it at Wembley?

ps. I've just realised that it would have been a bit weird to have taken you to Wembley in '86 because you'd have been about 14! -Imagine what my friends would have said! :naughty:

Scary!!!!! lol , wembely , standing , 4 rows from the front , unreal!!!!

Live at Wembely is amazing, kicking off with ONE VISION!! :punk:

Oh, geez, I wouldn't even know where to begin with what to say about Freddie. Freddie was, is, and will probably always be a very special person/figure in my life. Freddie was an amazing artist, a sensitive man, and all-around fantastic rock star. I never can get tired of Freddie's songs, because he was such a phenominal singer that gave every sort of emotion in his songs.

His music will always have the capability to make me cry through his beautiful melodies and his captivating lyrics. And on the flip side he will always entertain me through his fun tracks that rock my socks!

I truly do have a special place for him in my heart, as corny as that sounds. He was the ultimate performer and ultimate musician. In my eyes, he will always be that!

I still love you!

My God, I still love him too!

:king: King Mercury!

And it's strange, but it's because of Mika that I started to listen to the first Queen albums again. He had such an amazing voice! Love him forever :wub2:

He will never be forgotten.

I was thinking about a thread like this but then I found this one,so.. I'm a bit late.

Freddie Mercury... what can I say?

He was an amazing artist and person too.

I started listening to Queen when I was 11, but somehow they have always been part of my life.

Didn't know anything about Freddie, but since my earliest childhood I've heard We Are The Champions on the radio or whatever, and I'd cry when I listened to it. dunno why, I even couldn't understand the lyrics, but it sounded to me like a great way of saying "hey, whatever happens, we will always be here trying hard to makes our dream come true".

I stood and cried for all the song and more.

Then Queen became my "obsession".

Freddie's death was such a horrible thing. the way he died, the fact that he kept on singing positive things like It's a beautiful day,the sun is shining,I feel good and he was slowly saying his goodbyes to this world.....

just can't still face it.

and Brian singing Too Much Love Will Kill you during the tribute concert.. he has tears in his eyes.

that's all but not enough.

Freddie, I'll always love you.

"Don't try so hard", this is what I tell myself when life seems bitter.

I remember being at school maybe 13 year old and somebody playing Bo Rap , I thought wooo what was that!!!!

I was in a world of pain around 85/86 and remember watching Live Aid , never before has a performance captured the world stage , unreal , the confidence was mind blowing .... I thought then Ive got to see them live , but never did!

Its a kinda magic album blew me away , I used to wear the T shirt all the time and seemed always to have a girl on my arm while wearing it:wub2:

Then rumours started , is he gay ? has he got aids? , the man got ripped to shreds (one of the reasons Mika should never disclose and I tried not to comment on his sexuality)

A few years later Innuendo and the miracle came out , I remember in my mans garden a red hot summer listening and listening to the miracle , Innuendo is a mind blowing album , a dying man knowing its his last piece of work , such beauty such grace , these are the days of our lives , the video he looks at the camera and says "i still love" , man that hurts big style for me

I hit university and the tribute concert was announced '91/92? , anyways me and my mate got there early and were 4 rows standing from the front!!! , Metallica kicked it in , I rocked so hard that when Queen came on with Tie your mother down , I fainted!! , lack of food,excitment!!! .I got picked up had water and a chocky bar and kept on rokin!!!!

I must say I admire Paul Rodgers but my heart wasnt in to seeing queen without freddie!

DX:thumb_yello:

i am also a very big fan of queen in general and Freddie in particular and when i listen for the first time Mika something hits me. it was something that i knew but someting different in the same time. then i realise that if you would listen Queen I and Life in cartoon motion, those albums have something in common. Both are too much for their times. As Queen I was someting different for these years, so is Life in cartoon motion for this time. not many people are ready to love it for the first time. you have to listen his album at least twice to start love it and understand it. my personal opinion is that Mika can be a second Freddie Mercury. Now his voice sound many like voice of Freddie when he was young. Don't forgett that Mika is 23 years old and voice change in time. Just like Freddie's voice. on the early albums he was an young voice, than it became more mature, manly voice. evering now depends by Mika. He will choose how his careear will be.

"'Then rumours started , is he gay ? has he got aids? , the man got ripped to shreds (one of the reasons Mika should never disclose and I tried not to comment on his sexuality) "', FREDDIESDOUBLE

watching on youtube.com on mika's some clips there are some comments posted about his sexuality: he is gay, he is not and so. why do we care if he is or not gay? we love his music and him as a musician for now. in time we can love mika as a person ( if will know him better from interviews and news). but we don't sleep with him. god, some people are simply anoyng.