Blame It On The Girls Video

racinghorse83

So, this is a thread for multiple purposes :biggrin2:

a.) *for this moment in time, before the video comes out* Discuss what we’re expecting from the video, what we hope to/think we will see

b.) *after the video comes out* discuss what we think of the video and pull it to pieces / incessantly fangurl over it :aah:

*edit* maybe cut the fangurling bit :teehee:

Seeing as the video comes out in a few days, I’ll say what I’m expecting it to be.

For WAG, Mika talked and talked about the video in radio interviews for days beforehand. I’m unsure wether it was because he was swept up in the whole first single release mode, or wether it was very much his creation and his baby.

Either way I don’t think Mikas poured himself into this video as much as WAG. Only time will tell :cheerful_h4h:

I’m curious towards wether Mika will do something new (for him at least) and combine shots of Mika dancing around and singing in his freakishly awesome outfits and hopefully overdone one-eye makeup (or strange sequined beings that have grown on his face) with shots of some good-looking man walking around a town doing random things that somehow tie into the video in a seemly simple but somehow well-thought through and deep way :naughty:

That’s all I can really picture at this point, although I DO hope this video will come across very love today – esque and eerily familiar as it is original.

Thoughts, guys?

**Edit** Link to the video - (thanks babspanky.)

Edited by racinghorse83

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to open a thread for this one as I did for WAG, but I honestly avoided that for I don't have ANY IDEA AT ALL of what this video may be like. :shocked:

It's quite unusual to me because I have always stated that the reason why I want to become a director is my mad, vast imagination, which is well fed my Mika's music which is very generous visually speaking. BUT there are some exceptions. The first one was Rain but I managed to come up with something, IMO genius.

Once I have received the album I sat my self at the desk and while listening to the songs tried to visualise some videos for them. There are only few songs on the album which left me blank: BIOTG, GGG (tho is probably one of my favs), BTT. For all the rest I managed to put something on paper. The ISY one is the most powerful and that's why I hate listening to the song because in my mind there is this video which is quite tragic and it makes me cry everytime. :( but...oh well I don't hate the song, it just makes me cry out of an abnormal reason! :lol3:

I'm really letting myself be surprised this time and won't expect anything! :teehee:

So long as he doesn't wear puffy Barry Manilow type sleeves in honour of its Latin sound, I'm cool.

Or, if he dances all the way through like he sometimes gets into for a moment when he's sung it on telly, I'm hot!

I think a story vid could easily fall into being cheesy, but I'm assuming he'll avoid that trap so it could be almost anything

Why did I think Rain was going to be the second single? I'm way behind.

I think any second video he does will be tamer, just because he's done his statement piece with WAG and burst back onto the charts with it, now he can show another side with the new video.

I think he'll be doing a lot of acting, telling the "story" of the song.

I think at least one of his sisters will do a cameo.

And I think there'll be at least one scene where he goes up on the points of his toes. :roftl:

Ooooh I hope so - that would be cool

i loooved the video!!!it's soo great!!!!:wub2::boing:

and i have to say, that the girls dressed half like a man, and half like a girl, reminded me on Katy Perry, who was dressed like that in a music award show (can't remeber exactely which it was)....

anyway, i really love this video!! and can't wait to see it again!!!..ahh...and Mika was fantastical dressed!!!.....:swoon: