Beckar

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great idea! :thumb_yello:

I live near Porto, one of the most important cities of Portugal. And one of the most beautiful ones, too! :wub2:

PORTO1.jpg

porto.jpg

(these pics I found on the web...I'll see if I can find some taken by me!)

Great idea! :thumb_yello:

I live near Porto, one of the mos important cities of Portugal. And one of the most beautiful ones, too! :wub2:

PORTO1.jpg

porto.jpg

(these pics I found on the web...I'll see if I can find some taken by me!)

Woow. :D Thats so cooool :D

Woow. :D Thats so cooool :D

Did you know...

Great Yarmouth originated in 1000AD as a fishing settlement. It went on to become the leading herring fishing port in the world. Yarmouth Town FC are known as "The Bloaters" (after a type of cured herring)

Great Yarmouth has the one of the most complete Medieval Town Walls in England

St Nicholas Church is probably the largest parish church in the country

The death sentence on King Charles I was signed and sealed in Great Yarmouth.

The worlds first fish finger was invented and produced by a frozen food company in Great Yarmouth.

A food factory in Great Yarmouth makes and exports spaghetti to Italy.

The many potato chip stalls on Great Yarmouth Market are prohibited by local byelaws to sell fried fish. Such specialization means that you are unlikely to come across a tastier bag of chips

It was one of the first seaside resorts in the country. The first bathing machines were introduced in 1768. The first of the two piers was built in 1853 and the resort has been famous for its entertainment ever since. It is now the third largest resort in the country

The wooden roller coaster at the Pleasure Beach is one of the world's oldest and historic amusement structures

The Windmill Theatre, formally known as the Gem was the first electric cinema in the country

The Hippodrome Circus, Britain lonely surviving total circus building, is one of only three circuses in the World to have a sunken ring, allowing spectacular water shows

The Millennium Beacon and the Queens Jubilee Beacon were made in Great Yarmouth

The Uk's largest windfarm is just off the Great Yarmouth coast

Some of the famous people born in the Great Yarmouth area

Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Jack Cardiff, cinematographer

Sir John Mills, actor

Hannah Spearritt of S CLUB 7

Mylene Klass of HEARSAY

Some of the famous people connected with Great Yarmouth

Admiral Nelson – The greatest naval hero was a Norfolk man and frequently embarked and landed at Great Yarmouth. He was granted the freedom of the Borough in 1800. The Nelson Monument was erected in 1817, 20 years earlier than the more famous column in Trafalgar square. At 144 feet, its only slightly shorter than the column in London. Click here for more information on Nelson and his links with Great Yarmouth.

Charles Dickens lived in Great Yarmouth in 1848, using many of the town's characters and landmarks as inspiration for his classic novel David Copperfield

Comedian Jim Davidson is an honorary lifeboatman at Caister

Quotes about Great Yarmouth

Upon the whole the finest place in the universe"

Charles Dickens, in David Copperfield

It is as pratye a towne as I knowe anywhere on the sea costes; and as thiftie and honest people in the same; and right well buylded"

Duke of Norfolk, 16th Century

Great Yarmouth has the finest quay in England, if not Europe"

Daniel Defoe, 1724

(His most famous book Robinson Crusoe, begins with a storm off Great Yarmouth)

(I didnt even know some of this stuff!!!! :o )

you guys are so lucky I'm not gonna post a picture of my village it looks like nothing compared to yours

i'm sure it's great ^____^ !! post a pic pliz !! living in a village must be real fun !! you know everybody around you, that's great !!

Wow some of the places you guys live is very pretty!!

I actually dont think i have ANY pics of my city its so weird cause I have lived here for like 10 years!

But heres a pic of our backyard after it snowed like back in February.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/AshleyMiranda/LindsaysDigitalCamera180.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/AshleyMiranda/LindsaysDigitalCamera179.jpg

I actually dont think i have ANY pics of my city its so weird cause I have lived here for like 10 years!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/AshleyMiranda/LindsaysDigitalCamera180.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/AshleyMiranda/LindsaysDigitalCamera179.jpg

haha now thats what i call Snow :thumb_yello:

oh god! did you hava that much snow this year? we almost got none! which doesn't bother me coz I don't like it that much

oh god! did you hava that much snow this year? we almost got none! which doesn't bother me coz I don't like it that much

ahah actually we were spoiled for a couple years.. we only got like maybe 2 inches one year.. but then this feb I think it made up!! seriously like more then 50 centimeters fell!!:shocked: so glad I didnt hafta shovel it though!

if you really must see pictures of my village here you go:

P9180197.jpg

and that's the whole view of it:

P4210749.jpg

really nothing special...

edit: I don't know why the first one only shows up as a link...

ahah actually we were spoiled for a couple years.. we only got like maybe 2 inches one year.. but then this feb I think it made up!! seriously like more then 50 centimeters fell!!:shocked: so glad I didnt hafta shovel it though!

the temperature rarely fell under 0 C this winter so there couldn't have been any snow haha

how cold was it this winter in canada on average?

the temperature rarely fell under 0 C this winter so there couldn't have been any snow haha

how cold was it this winter in canada on average?

umm on average.. about -12C.. it went down to like -25C here a couple times but with the wind chill it was FREEZING..stayed inside on days where its minus something well I try to :D

if you really must see pictures of my village here you go:

P9180197.jpg

and that's the whole view of it:

P4210749.jpg

really nothing special...

edit: I don't know why the first one only shows up as a link...

i think it's great ^\___^ ! i wish i lived in a very small town like this !! everybody must be so friendly !! and there's no noises !!