Two very special free MIKA acoustic gigs

guinchogirl

We wanted to bring you news of two very special free MIKA acoustic gigs. The first will be Fopp Record Shop on Tottenham Court Road on Monday 29th January at 6pm, the day Grace Kelly will be in the shops. Fopp - 240-242 Tottenham Court Road, W1T 7PZ.

The second will be at HMV on Oxford Street on Monday Feb 5th at 6pm. The day ‘Life In Cartoon Motion’ is released for another free acoustic show. HMV - 150 Oxford Street, W1 MIKA will be signing copies of the album and single after the performances but please come early to avoid disappointment.

More at www.mikasounds.com

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The second will be at HMV on Oxford Street on Monday Feb 5th at 6pm. The day ‘Life In Cartoon Motion’ is released for another free acoustic show. HMV - 150 Oxford Street, W1 MIKA will be signing copies of the album and single after the performances but please come early to avoid disappointment.

www.mikasounds.com

Alllllrighty! I shall be there. Booking flights now. ,-) Great that I have that week off and I was looking into doing a trip to the UK or back home to Germany anyway.

*dances around*

Done. ;-)

Who else is going to be there, eh?

Ohhh I think I shall try and get down to the HMV one...probably with my lil' brother heh.

The only thing is, HMV are usually a wristband thing, and they are given out on a first come, first serve basis. Hopefully they won't run out ridiculously fast.

Can't wait for these - both are logistically a bit tricky for me but hopefully I'll be able to make them both.

On the 5th I'm seeing Love Song with a friend, so that doesn't start 7.45pm, but I guess we'll have to try and be quick to make it from HMV to the theatre!

I've been to free gigs at HMV Oxford Street, if you really want a good chance to see him (cause they only give out like 75 wristbands), go when they open at 9AM on the day of the gig, you can get the wristbands from the main registers (tills?, I can never remember the term) and buy the cd you are to have autographed in the morning, cause once I didn't do that and it was HELL getting the cd as there was a MASSIVE queue to see the artist that I was seeing.

Good luck and post all about it!

Manny

xoxoxo

• 1 year later...

Soooo...I stumbled upon the cutest little gem today. It's one of the videos for the Fopp gig that Mika did last year, and it's just so cute that I had to share it.

I love the banter with Martin and the little thing that he plays at the start- plus all the swearing :roftl:.

Quality is not FANTASTIC but hey, it is what it is:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=v3efs5racZI&feature=user

Oh and here a good quality version of Billy Brown:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NZqvB-Pk2J4&feature=related

Soooo...I stumbled upon the cutest little gem today. It's one of the videos for the Fopp gig that Mika did last year, and it's just so cute that I had to share it.

I love the banter with Martin and the little thing that he plays at the start- plus all the swearing :roftl:.

Quality is not FANTASTIC but hey, it is what it is:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=v3efs5racZI&feature=user

Oh and here a good quality version of Billy Brown:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NZqvB-Pk2J4&feature=related

Awww how I wish I was there :tears:

Aw thanks Sara. I miss old Mika :tears:

My Interpretation works so much better as an acoustic number.

I didn't realize that he and Martin had already worked out that extended SITM arrangement so long ago! I thought that was only added several week into the Dodgy Holiday tour.