New Signature Size Rules

Droopsy

It has come to our attention that there is a need for signature size limits. The results of the poll we had a few weeks ago seemed to verify this. We are aware that a signature is a way for people to express themselves more, but we are also certain that this can be done without disturbing someone else's reading pleasure.

The new rules effective immediately are:

1. The total size of your signature can not exceed 600 pixels (width) X 300 pixels (height). This includes text!

2. Animated images (gifs) are allowed, but only 1 per signature and the file size should not exceed 1,5 MB.

3. Remember, links or images that aren't acceptable on the forum aren't allowed in your signature either. This includes advertisement, spam etc.

4. No embedded videos allowed

FYI, this is what 600 px X 300 px looks like:

whitesmoke2.jpg

If you don't know how big your signature image is, right click it in firefox and select 'view image info'. Dimensions shows how big your signature is in pixels, Size shows how big the signature is in bytes. Another way to check the size is right clicking the image on your computer or use an image editing program such as photoshop, GIMP, paint etc.

These rules apply to everyone, also to the world representatives.

If your signature violates any of the new rules, please change it. A mod may contact you to alter it. If you don't do this in a reasonable amount of time (maximum five days), your signature may be disabled/deleted.

The MFC Mod/Admin Team

:Update:

Since last August, we've been putting forward the new signature size regulation. By now, you are all aware of it, or should be anyways... (if not, please refer to Droopsy's first post on this thread.)

So far, when a signature is too big, we send a pm to the concerned member, advising them to change it.

Most members acknowledge this & reduce their signature.

However, in some cases, i feel like we are wasting our time. We advise, the signature is changed, but the next day, another too large signature appears. :sneaky2:

Please be advised that, from now on, mods will delete signatures of repeated "offenders" (for a lack of better word :blush-anim-cl:) without any warnings. Their rights to having a signature may also be revoked.

thanks for your understanding :thumb_yello:

Edited by Droopsy

Hi! Oh sorry I didn't notice it was too big. I'll delete it. Thanks for your message, have a nice day!

macboll

edit: it's still my "old" signature, it must have been already deleted, thanks!

Hi Droopsy,

Thanks for the information. So my signature has been deleted, right?

Just to know... thanks.

I don't think sigs are getting deleted until after Sept 1st and only if you haven't adjusted the size.

Like Blue Sky said, no sigs will be deleted until after September 1st. And even then we won't delete immediately. First a mod will pm you to change your signature. If people don't change it after that, the signature will be changed or deleted.

so my is too big or is it ok cos of the representative pic in it too?

Like it said, it's also for representatives. But this shouldn't be a problem, you can shrink your image to whatever size you like, like Blue Sky has done :thumb_yello:

Help!

i have no idea if my siggy is too big or not!!!

(im really not that good with techbology :lmfao:)

should i shrink my gif??

And, is there a place where we can ask help for this, or in this thread its okay??:blush-anim-cl:

Help!

i have no idea if my siggy is too big or not!!!

(im really not that good with techbology :lmfao:)

should i shrink my gif??

And, is there a place where we can ask help for this, or in this thread its okay??:blush-anim-cl:

your gif is 320 x 179 pixels, so I guess that's ok.

No idea if it is too big or not with the text added?

I don't even know if my own siggy is too big? :aah: I know the image isn't, but perhaps with the text it is...:aah:

your gif is 320 x 179 pixels, so I guess that's ok.

No idea if it is too big or not with the text added?

I don't even know if my own siggy is too big? :aah: I know the image isn't, but perhaps with the text it is...:aah:

Your dimensions are 698 × 356, I took a screenshot and cropped it :thumb_yello:

Your dimensions are 698 × 356, I took a screenshot and cropped it :thumb_yello:

Exactly, what you described here is a good way of seeing if your total signature is too big :thumb_yello:

Or you could compare your total signature with the picture in the first post.

It has come to our attention that there is a need for signature size limits. The results of the poll we had a few weeks ago seemed to verify this. We are aware that a signature is a way for people to express themselves more, but we are also certain that this can be done without disturbing someone else's reading pleasure.

The new rules effective immediately are:

1. The total size of your signature can not exceed 600 pixels (width) X 300 pixels (height). This includes text!

2. Animated images (gifs) are allowed, but only 1 per signature and the file size should not exceed 1,5 MB.

3. Remember, links or images that aren't acceptable on the forum aren't allowed in your signature either. This includes advertisement, spam etc.

FYI, this is what 600 px X 300 px looks like:

whitesmoke2.jpg

If you don't know how big your signature image is, right click it in firefox and select 'view image info'. Dimensions shows how big your signature is in pixels, Size shows how big the signature is in bytes. Another way to check the size is right clicking the image on your computer or use an image editing program such as photoshop, GIMP, paint etc.

These rules apply to everyone, also to the world representatives.

If your signature violates any of the new rules, please change it. You have time to do so until September 1. This is two weeks from now. After this period a mod may contact you to alter it. If you don't do this in a reasonable amount of time, your signature may be disabled/deleted.

The MFC Mod/Admin Team

Do I have to chage my name ???

I cant join some page now....

ok,i´ve changed the pic... but still the gif is too big.... can any one explain me how to resize a gif???:mf_rosetinted:

and feel free to explain it as if i were fool... i´m that good at technology that i have had to measure my siggy by measuring the image of my screen :mf_rosetinted:

(please,don´t laugh so loud,i can hear you and i´m in spain :sneaky2:)

so.... the question is.... how to resize a gif??:aah:

I don't post images in my sig as I've never known how to do it. I usually just put voting links there to help peeps who want to vote for Mika. I hope mine will still be okay.

But I'm glad there's going to be a limit, as its so frustrating when you click onto a page and have to adjust the zoom, because someone has posted a big picture and widened the page so you can't read the text without zooming out.