Tah Dah - New Song and Discussion

nas

So i fell in love with this song from the itunes preview today :mikalove:

Just thought i'd open a thread where we could discuss the meaning and we could all share tah dah love :aah:

the lyrics i have so far:

UPDATED:

It's getting harder and harder to bear

You got me acting like a clown in a collar

You got me spending all the time I can spare

You got me wasting every dime every dollar

When I stumble and fall

Does it hurt you at all

Will it twist like a knife

For the rest of your life

You think that love's a joke

But there ain't too much to laugh at

And it's all for show

Should i keep my ticket after

Or should I just go

When you're begging for attention

Once the crowd goes home

And there's no one left to listen

Tah Dah!

You got me jumping through a circle of fire

You got me juggling everything that i care for

In your world is like a cage with a tiger

That's what all the cuts and the bruises are there for

When I stumble and fall

Does it hurt you at all?

Will it twist like a knife

For the rest of your life?

And it's all for show

Should i keep my ticket after or should i just go?

When you're begging for attention once the crowd goes home

I've got the freedom to love

I've got the freedom to leave

Well now enough is enough

I'm not a trick up your sleeve

I'm not a part of your show

Can't make me pop up and go

One day your curtain will close

I've got to let you know x3

And it's all for show

Should I keep my ticket after

Or should I just go

When you're begging for attention

Once the crowd goes home

Tah Dah !!

Edited by nas

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this song so much! I love 80s music so I immediately fell in love with it. So much that I won't even care if Pharrell's even featured on it. I wonder how this song was written and how the recording process went because it hardly sounds like anything Mika or Pharrell have written before. Anyway, I love it! :aah:

I love this song so much! I love 80s music so I immediately fell in love with it. So much that I won't even care if Pharrell's even featured on it. I wonder how this song was written and how the recording process went because it hardly sounds like anything Mika or Pharrell have written before. Anyway, I love it! :aah:

IKR??! it has this nostalgic vibe for me and reminds me of another song i can't place right now...the lyrics are def. mika but the sound is very different...but yes i would LOVE some more details into the creative process behind this!

Edited by nas

I have to be honest, I didn't expect ANYTHING from this song... With such a title, I mean come on :naughty: I was very pleasantly surprised though! I really, really like it. It's a bit quirky, I hear some influences from certain 80's songs :original: I think this might be one of my favorites if not my favorite of the album.:thumb_yello:

I think this could be the best song of them all... why is it that it's not on the regular album? :blink: It's so retro in the awesome way, really love that :mikacool:

I only heard this one minute clip once and it has this 'Bee Gees' sound / feel to it. :wub2:

Must be the air in Miami.:mf_rosetinted:

I only heard this one minute clip once and it has this 'Bee Gees' sound / feel to it. :wub2:

Must be the air in Miami.:mf_rosetinted:

Yeah it does :wub2: This should have been the lead single, what the hell are they doing :doh: It's soooooooo catchy :boing:

Yeah it does :wub2: This should have been the lead single, what the hell are they doing :doh: It's soooooooo catchy :boing:

We concluded on another thread that they must be trying to sell-in the album with Pharrell's name - particularly in the US. So from that point of view I guess it was the right choice to keep his '1 2 3 raise your hand and and have fun' stuff off a good song after all. :dunno:

:mf_rosetinted:

We concluded on another thread that they must be trying to sell-in the album with Pharrell's name - particularly in the US. So from that point of view I guess it was the right choice to keep his '1 2 3 raise your hand and and have fun' stuff off a good song after all. :dunno:

:mf_rosetinted:

Oh yeah... very nice of them actually :mf_rosetinted: They should rather try to sell the album with a good song though :doh:

Wow, the lyrics sound really personal! Thank you Nas!! :thumb_yello:

they really do! i can't wait to hear the rest of the lyrics so i can see if my theory about what the song is about is true :naughty:

I haven't finisher listening to this bit of song, but already knew that it is my new favourite. I wanted to laugh and cry of happiness. It was it! It was what I hoped for! A song that will grab me and never leave!

same here!:wub2:

Sorry for asking, but I'm always late to everything... Is Tah Dah a bonus track in some countries or what?

Anyways, I think it should be in the standard edition, it's a great song

it's a bonus track on all of the deluxe cd versions (so on cd 2) in all the countries..someone will correct me if i'm wrong...:aah: but yes! i think it should've been on the standard cd too!

Yeah I can't understand why two versions of MYH had to be on the album :sneaky2: Tah Dah could've replaced one of them at least. I honestly can't stand MYH at all anymore...

I quite like the miami version of MYH, but i'd let both of them go for TD :aah: