2007 - Mika @ 9:30 Club Washington, DC - 12 June

hoochatootch

Mika in Concert @ 9:30 Club in DC!!:punk:

June 12th @ 7:30pm

get your tix through tickets.com

(this is not listed through ticketmaster)

http://www.tickets.com/browseother.cgi?minpid=5990704

PS - strongly advise that if you are driving -

to buy the available parking ticket that is for sale also!

(hard to find parking in DC!)

thank you so much Lissy for posting this gig before it was "official":thumb_yello:

• 2 weeks later...

OK, the DC show is just 40 days away -- :woot_jump:

So for those of us planning to go... are we going to try to meet up beforehand? Dress up or do anything special? (Oh, please nothing too artsy -- I am SO not artistic! LOL!)

Anyhow... I'm way excited and just wanted to chat a bit about the show and possibilities. Let me know what y'all are thinking! :biggrin2:

dcdeb

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

40 days!

i am trying to get a reply back from the blinking heart company in the uk - see if they will ship 12-24 bulk necklaces.

i suggest we all get buttons at least........

i will be dressing for the weather - but plan on wearing brighter colors....

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

40 days!

i am trying to get a reply back from the blinking heart company in the uk - see if they will ship 12-24 bulk necklaces.

i suggest we all get buttons at least........

My buttons are on order... along with my MFC t-shirt! :)

i will be dressing for the weather - but plan on wearing brighter colors....

Bright colors for sure... maybe something funky? I need to dig through my wardrobe... maybe Mika will ask us to dress up outrageously, too?! :)

In any case... it's just 40 days away!

Who else is counting down along with us?

dcdeb

OK, the DC show is just 40 days away -- :woot_jump:

So for those of us planning to go... are we going to try to meet up beforehand? Dress up or do anything special? (Oh, please nothing too artsy -- I am SO not artistic! LOL!)

Anyhow... I'm way excited and just wanted to chat a bit about the show and possibilities. Let me know what y'all are thinking! :biggrin2:

dcdeb

I'll probably wear my blue rosette that I bought at the Gramercy Theatre show back in March!:)

I definitely don't think I'll dress up special or anything. I'm not one to draw a lot of attention to herself...but I completely admire those who do.

I honestly can't wait for the show! I am really looking forward to it!:mf_lustslow:

I'll dress bright!!! It'd be fun to find something to wear that would glow in the dark! I think there are markers that you can buy at arts and crafts stores where if you write with them on your tee shirt it'll glow in the dark

I'll probably wear my blue rosette that I bought at the Gramercy Theatre show back in March!:)

Lissy, did they have them on sale there? I tried to buy a couple on ebay,

but someone bought all *36* that were up for sale before I had a chance!

I'd really like one of those, even though I should have a MFC button in the mail soon...

I definitely don't think I'll dress up special or anything. I'm not one to draw a lot of attention to herself...but I completely admire those who do.

I honestly can't wait for the show! I am really looking forward to it!:mf_lustslow:

Me too! And I'm still on the fence about how I'll dress... I'd like to be

outrageous, but as I said in another thread... I don't think I can walk

around the city in a wild get-up -- I don't think the area's that safe to

begin with :wink2:

And besides, there is that whole "act your age" voice whispering in my head...

But we'll see... I could be convinced, especially if Mika requests that we dress wild and crazy :)

dcdeb

Just popping in to say - I think its great the way Mika is bringing groups of people together - on here first, then meeting up for his concerts. Its certainly a good advert for Love, Love Me!!!! We all do Mika :wub2: :wub2:

Hope you all have a fabulous time!!!! :thumb_yello:

Just popping in to say - I think its great the way Mika is bringing groups of people together - on here first, then meeting up for his concerts. Its certainly a good advert for Love, Love Me!!!! We all do Mika :wub2: :wub2:

Hope you all have a fabulous time!!!! :thumb_yello:

Thanks, Wendi! And likewise when you go to your show! :)

And I was certainly feeling the LOVE today, both while I was listening to the BBC Radio1 show this morning, and then watching the Italian TV show this afternoon... fans from all over the WORLD listening and watching together, united by our um, *enthusiasm* (I didn't want to say fanaticism :biggrin2: ) for this one performer. It made me not only more excited to see Mika in person, but to have the chance to meet up with MFC members in real life!

Only 35 days for me now! :)

dcdeb

Talk to us, girl. That's whatcha do. That's what we are here for.

I can't wait either! It's driving me CrazY!!!

Yeah, I'm having a hard time being patient, that's for sure.

I am SO ready! :eek:

However, I asked my neighbor yesterday if she wants to go along with me -- she's a little kooky too, and even though she doesn't know who Mika is, she's going to come along. So I think I'm going to pass the next 33 days by trying to indoctrinate her... Hey, it's something to do... :naughty:

dcdeb

Lissy, did they have them on sale there? I tried to buy a couple on ebay,

but someone bought all *36* that were up for sale before I had a chance!

I'd really like one of those, even though I should have a MFC button in the mail soon...

Me too! And I'm still on the fence about how I'll dress... I'd like to be

outrageous, but as I said in another thread... I don't think I can walk

around the city in a wild get-up -- I don't think the area's that safe to

begin with :wink2:

And besides, there is that whole "act your age" voice whispering in my head...

But we'll see... I could be convinced, especially if Mika requests that we dress wild and crazy :)

dcdeb

dcdeb, they were selling the rosette badges at the Gramery Theatre show. It was the cheapest merchandise there! The badges were only $5. They did have a couple shirt designs but they were $35 each....a little too expensive for me at the time. I ended up buying two rosette badges. Perhaps I should have bought more? I didn't know they were selling so fast one ebay! Wow. 35 all sold at one? The badges are very cool. I expected them to be popular. I just didn't think they would be that popular.

I can't wait to wear mine to the show!!

Since I do have an extra badge, would you like to wear it? It would be a loan. I bought two just in case something happened to one. :wink2:

I'm sure they will be selling them at this gig though too.

----------------

About the dress...it would be a lot of fun to dress up! Especially if Mika makes it a competition for the US gigs as well. I'd would love to see people get really into it - especially dressing up like some of the characters. But the area around the 9:30 club is a little shady. There are enough strange people out and about. I wouldn't want to draw more attention to myself. Not that I'm that strange or anything. lol I'm sure I'll probably end up wearing jeans and a cute top along with my rosette!

:naughty:

Since I do have an extra badge, would you like to wear it? It would be a loan. I bought two just in case something happened to one. :wink2:

I'm sure they will be selling them at this gig though too.

Thanks so much for the very kind offer! I would love to wear it! If they have

them on sale there (or they turn up on ebay again before June), I'll buy my own, but jic, it's nice to know that you have a spare :)

About the dress...it would be a lot of fun to dress up! Especially if Mika makes it a competition for the US gigs as well. I'd would love to see people get really into it - especially dressing up like some of the characters. But the area around the 9:30 club is a little shady. There are enough strange people out and about. I wouldn't want to draw more attention to myself. Not that I'm that strange or anything. lol I'm sure I'll probably end up wearing jeans and a cute top along with my rosette!

:naughty:

That's what I was afraid -- that the area around the club was a bit dodgy.

Well, unless Mika does make a point of trying to get us to dress up, I probably won't do anything too eccentric... So we'll wait and see! :thumb_yello:

Did you get your tickets YET??? :shocked:

dcdeb

Thanks so much for the very kind offer! I would love to wear it! If they have them on sale there (or they turn up on ebay again before June), I'll buy my own, but jic, it's nice to know that you have a spare :)

That's what I was afraid -- that the area around the club was a bit dodgy.

Well, unless Mika does make a point of trying to get us to dress up, I probably won't do anything too eccentric... So we'll wait and see! :thumb_yello:

Did you get your tickets YET??? :shocked:

dcdeb

It's been a few days since I checked the forums. This thread was all the way on the third page. People are still buzzing about the Brighton show. I hope we all get to hear some covers in DC!! I'm even more excited for the show now.

I'm happy to loan a rosette to a fellow MFC-er. I know you'd be thrilled to wear it.:) I'm sure they will be for sale at the show. I wonder if there will be any more merch? I'd love a poster or something along those lines. My walls are pretty much covered with posters at the moment but I'd make room for Mika.:naughty:

I STILL haven't received my tickets yet. I keep making the mistake of saying "tickets" as to suggest I ordered more than one. I didn't. I'm going to this show alone and only purchased one ticket. I thought for sure that since I had a small order it would be here long before now. I'm still not worried though. There is still plenty of time before the show. Like I said if my ticket doesn't arrive by the beginning of June: panic. Tickets.com customer service keeps assuring me not to worry and that I will get it no later than two days before the show. But that is really cutting it close. It's already paid for and I do have my order slip/receipt for proof of purchase.