Mika @ Radio 1 Big Week-End - Preston - May 20 2007

Yoppappop

MIKA SUNDAY MAIN STAGE

Tickets are free, but you do have to register to get one

Wont know about acts etc til end of April however it takes only a few minutes to register so worth it just in case. The ticket process goes on postcodes so maybe if we do have peeps living around Preston area they could register kinda on behalf off ppl. who can attend...

• 2 weeks later...

Big Weekend line-up announced

Monday, 30 Apr 2007 08:02

Mika is set to play the Big Weekend in May

The line-up for BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend has been announced with Mika, the Fratellis and Razorlight set to play.

Coming to Preston on May 19th and 20th, 7,500 pairs of tickets for each day of the free music festival will be dished out to listeners who register online with priority given to local residents.

Picking the names from a hat, Chris Moyles and his comedy crew announced that indie rockers the Fratellis and Razorlight would be joining Wales' finest, the Stereophonics, and Grace Kelly singer Mika in Preston.

Leeds-based indie boys the Kaiser Chiefs and camptastic pop band Scissor Sisters are also set to rock the northern city alongside hip hop singer Just Jack and Natasha Beddingfield.

With some of the biggest music acts due to play, demand for the first British music festival of the year is expected to be massive.

As the biggest free-ticketed event in Europe, the main stage will see a host of pop and rock stars strut their stuff while a dance party will be held in a separate tent. Breaking artists will also play the In New Music We Trust stage.

More acts are expected to be announced throughout the day by DJ Jo Whiley as listeners start to register for tickets.

Last year's Big Weekend in Dundee saw thousands of music fans watch Franz Ferdinand, the Kooks and Mylo.

im not sure if you can apply more than once ....i did think about it but then surely they would catch you out with the home adress....

but there is no harm in trying aslong as your not disqualified :thumb_yello:

I've registered for the Sunday - I'm kind of local (Wigan) so have a slightly better chance than most, fingers crossed.

I will get any local friends I can think of to register, never know, may be spare tickets around if we get lucky!:biggrin2:

I ticked for both days as we don't know what day Mika is playing yet, I don't mind though because the line up is fantastic. The Stereophonics are playing!I hope they play Vegas 2 Times, I love that song!

Looks like 5000 more of you have a chance to go to this show!

:)

One Bigger Weekend

Posted Tuesday May 08, 2007 04:45 PM

The organisers of Radio 1's One Big Weekend have released an extra 5000 tickets after almost half a million people applied.

Registration for the May event closed on Monday, with applicants set to be informed if they've been successful this week.

However, bosses at the BBC have now decided to expand the site in Preston from 30,000 to 35,000 on both days.

Scissor Sisters, Kaiser Chiefs, Razorlight, Mika, Kasabian, The Fratellis and Natasha Bedingfield are all on the bill for One Big Weekend.

The line-up is as follows:

May 19 2007

Scissor Sisters

Razorlight

Kasabian

The Fratellis

The Fray

Natasha Bedingfield

The Twang

Jamie T

Groove Armada

Gossip

LCD Soundsystem

CSS

Biffy Clyro

Cold War Kids

The Pigeon Detectives

May 20

Kaiser Chiefs

Stereophonics

The View

Mika

Rihanna

Mark Ronson

Just Jack

Calvin Harris

Bloc Party

Maximo Park

Klaxons

Dizzee Rascal

M.I.A.

Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly

The Enemy

http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyna/article.html?a=/070508/340/h6plz.html&e=l_news_dm