Mika Nearly Turned Down Lucrative Record Contract

Steph

MIKA NEARLY TURNED DOWN LUCRATIVE RECORD CONTRACT

British pop sensation MIKA almost turned down the lucrative record contract that helped him reach the top of the charts, because he didn't trust music executive TOMMY MOTTOLA. Mariah Carey's ex-husband was keen to sign Mika after hearing his tracks, but the singer admits he was dubious about working with Mottola. He says, "Tommy Mottola wanted to sign me. I said no four times, because I didn't trust him, and I wasn't going to go into a deal unless I had everything confirmed on paper, and I needed to know I'd have the freedom to make the record I wanted yet with the same amount of support in terms of money and time and marketing commitments."

01/05/2007 17:59

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd be suspicious too

like that girl that interviewed mika at the zoo said: mika's young, good looking, has a fantabulous voice, works for tommy mottola...sound familiar?he might have wanted to marry mika too:roftl: :roftl:

No wonder Thalia kept talking about Mika.. :blink: Her hubby was gonna sign him... More $$$$$$ for her...

Hopefully Tommy won't try to change Mika.

Mika dont let no one change your ideas and the way you do music please..you rock!:thumb_yello:

i'd be suspicious too

like that girl that interviewed mika at the zoo said: mika's young, good looking, has a fantabulous voice, works for tommy mottola...sound familiar?he might have wanted to marry mika too:roftl: :roftl:

He :) I only saw that vidioe on Youtube the other day, it's quite funny.

i didn't understand..did he sign finally? after having all reassurances?

well done boy!

he said in Rolling stone magazine Italy answering the question: - what you absolutely would not do, never in your life, just to keep success and fame?-

- i would not marry Tommy Mottola.-

Great great man:thumb_yello:

MIKA NEARLY TURNED DOWN LUCRATIVE RECORD CONTRACT

British pop sensation MIKA almost turned down the lucrative record contract that helped him reach the top of the charts, because he didn't trust music executive TOMMY MOTTOLA. Mariah Carey's ex-husband was keen to sign Mika after hearing his tracks, but the singer admits he was dubious about working with Mottola. He says, "Tommy Mottola wanted to sign me. I said no four times, because I didn't trust him, and I wasn't going to go into a deal unless I had everything confirmed on paper, and I needed to know I'd have the freedom to make the record I wanted yet with the same amount of support in terms of money and time and marketing commitments."

01/05/2007 17:59

Smart move

He is very wise for someone of his years.

Although it sounds crazy of him to turn a lucrative offer like that, I think he was right (obviously that we know now). Too many artists let the money get in the way of artist integrity and somewhere down the line realise they are not making the music they initially wanted to (only recently there was a report that J Timberlake wasn't entirely happy about how Justified turned out, probably as he had just finished working with JC on his album who only does what he wants).

Mika has definitely done the right thing by insisting that he does it his way, and Tommy Mottola, being the shrewd businessman that he is, recognised that Mikas talent was worth the risk and kept trying to get him on board.

I think that is going to be one very successful partnership, long may it continue.

Although it sounds crazy of him to turn a lucrative offer like that, I think he was right (obviously that we know now). Too many artists let the money get in the way of artist integrity and somewhere down the line realise they are not making the music they initially wanted to (only recently there was a report that J Timberlake wasn't entirely happy about how Justified turned out, probably as he had just finished working with JC on his album who only does what he wants).

Mika has definitely done the right thing by insisting that he does it his way, and Tommy Mottola, being the shrewd businessman that he is, recognised that Mikas talent was worth the risk and kept trying to get him on board.

I think that is going to be one very successful partnership, long may it continue.

I. Totally. Agree! Couldn't have put it better myself. :punk:

I. Totally. Agree! Couldn't have put it better myself. :punk:

mika is what he is today because he knew what he wanted then and he wasn't prepared to take a gamble and have his music influenced in any other way than what he saw fit and he initially didn't accept any shortcuts and sweeteners...

he has now achieved a great working relationship and on mika terms!

He knows what he want and he sticks by it, doesn't let anyone to interfere with or threaten his future.

He controls his freedom - that is our lad!!!! You can only admire him for that!

So true! I really do admire him for that! :wub2:

Yay, MIKA, stick to your guns! :boxing: (If you know the expression. :bleh: )

Man, MIKA is so amazing... God! :blush-anim-cl:

This guy is amazing!! How many other people would've jumped at the chance to work with someone as well know as Tommy Motola and not think twice (or 4 times) about it. Smart, smart, smart.