MIKA Wikipedia protest

mikablog

For some crazy reason the admins in control of the Mika Wikipedia page are no longer including a link to MikaFanClub in the links section.

Not only is MFC the biggest resource of Mika info on the net, but Mika himself reads it.

To make matters worse, they are linking to a french Mika forum with a handful of members. :shocked:

Recent events have proven that the people who are supposed to be controlling that page are not doing a good job.

So this is a protest to get a member of MFC to run the Mika Wikipedia page instead.

With a MFC member moderating that page, we can be assured that the Mika info on that page will be up to date and accurate at all times. Unlike the shambles it has become.

There is no other source on the net that knows more about Mika than MFC, so it makes perfect sense to have people who really care about Mika to moderate or help moderate the page.

If you agree with this, then please leave a message on this thread. If we can get enough people to support us, then maybe the mods at Wikipedia will take notice.

Also, do not bother trying to add MFC to the links section, they seem to have banned the url :thumbdown:

However, you can raise your arguements on this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Mika_%28singer%29

Simply explain why you feel MFC is a valuable and unique source of Mika information, but please do not give any insults.

With the power of the real Mika fans behind us, we can ensure that the Mika page improves over the coming months and years.

Thankyou

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are a huge site for Mika!

We have ties with Mikas record label. Mika has said many times that he loves and reads this forum, we are the place with the most up to date and detailed concert and tour information, the most Mika photos, we have all the press coverage of Mika mentioned on the forum, and we are BY FAR the bigest Mika site on the net... including the official site.

I don't know what has happened with the mods of that page. :thumbdown:

We have ties with Mikas record label. Mika has said many times that he loves and reads this forum, we are the place with the most up to date and detailed concert and tour information, the most Mika photos, we have all the press coverage of Mika mentioned on the forum, and we are BY FAR the bigest Mika site on the net... including the official site.

I don't know what has happened with the mods of that page. :thumbdown:

Exactly! So why do they have all the smaller sites on there and not the mother-site? Makes me frustrated. :sneaky2:

I am with you 100%, especailly after the recent reports on here, where people just seem to be taking the rise a bit with entries on there.

I don't go on to the Wikipedia much, but I thought it was to seriously keep people up to date with recent subject in popular culture, not to pick on an artist and let people make stupid things up about them.

If thats how they run the site then maybe it's time to take it off!

tehy refuse to show it? because i have a wiki name (i made it to fix the mistakes abotu his name) and like you cant re add it? because if someone tells me how to i will...

It seems that Mikafanclub.com has been added by many people, so the mods have got angry and banned the domain name.

They should look instead at WHY so many people from all over the world are trying to add it.

Weird :blink: There's links to everything else, so why the hell not this :blink: Maybe because we have stated a few times in here that everything on wiki is bullsh#t and shouldn't be trusted :naughty:

Yep, tonight I noticed the link to MFC was no longer there.

Maybe they think that the silly things about girlfriends and stuff are added by desperate MFC members? :blink: Maybe that is the reason why they don't want to mention the MFC on this Wiki page anymore?

Just a random thought, maybe it's another reason.

Yep, tonight I noticed the link to MFC was no longer there.

Maybe they think that the silly things about girlfriends and stuff are added by desperate MFC members? :blink: Maybe that is the reason why they don't want to mention the MFC on this Wiki page anymore?

Just a random thought, maybe it's another reason.

But what should that help? Would help more if wiki wasn't mentioned here then, hey let's ban the word wikipedia :naughty:

So this is a protest to get a member of MFC to run the Mika Wikipedia page instead.

With a MFC member moderating that page, we can be assured that the Mika info on that page will be up to date and accurate at all times. Unlike the shambles it has become.

There is no other source on the net that knows more about Mika than MFC, so it makes perfect sense to have people who really care about Mika to moderate or help moderate the page.

If you agree with this, then please leave a message on this thread. If we can get enough people to support us, then maybe the mods at Wikipedia will take notice.

I absolutely agree with this!

I honestly have no idea what any of that means. :roftl:

Translation: It has come to my attention that the prestine Administrators of the 'Wikipedia' site have simply lost their touch. A prudent decision would be to assign a member of the Mika Fan Club to delve into the wonders of Wikipedia's Mika article. If this is not achieved, the consequences will be dire.