Mika to pen song for Westlife?

dcdeb

FWIW... in today's news...

Will Mika pen a track for Westlife?

20070510T110921-PS%20Latest%201-1.jpg

Mika is apparently planning to pen Irish boy band Westlife a new track.

The flamboyant Grace Kelly singer, whose debut album hit the No 1 spot, is also secretly working on a number of tracks for other artists, reports the Daily Star.

A source said: "Mika had given pop a good kick-start again in the fun department and turned around many opinions that the scene had perhaps gone a little stale.

"Westlife have been around for nine years now and want to freshen up their sound so Mika is exactly the man to do that."

Westlife's most recent record The Love Album included several covers and the group have reportedly admitted they were desperate for new ideas.

Band member Mark Feehily, 25, is quoted as saying: "Our preferred choice would've been to record a new studio album. Good pop doesn't fall out of trees. Not many writers are writing for pop now."

Thu 10 May

http://musicnews.virginmedia.com/news/?news_id=14107

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Please don't do that!!!

I'm sure it's untrue but if it's the case

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Please don't do that!!!

I'm sure it's untrue but if it's the case

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

You took the oooooooooos out of my mouth:shocked:

let this be a bad nightmare!

Oh God:blink:

Well...look at the bright side...he's not going to write for Paris Hilton..right?:shocked:

Why not :naughty:? If he writes for Westlife...

The huge return of Victoria Posh Beckam. Why not? :thumb_yello:

FWIW... in today's news...

Will Mika pen a track for Westlife?

20070510T110921-PS%20Latest%201-1.jpg

Mika is apparently planning to pen Irish boy band Westlife a new track.

The flamboyant Grace Kelly singer, whose debut album hit the No 1 spot, is also secretly working on a number of tracks for other artists, reports the Daily Star.

A source said: "Mika had given pop a good kick-start again in the fun department and turned around many opinions that the scene had perhaps gone a little stale.

"Westlife have been around for nine years now and want to freshen up their sound so Mika is exactly the man to do that."

Westlife's most recent record The Love Album included several covers and the group have reportedly admitted they were desperate for new ideas.

Band member Mark Feehily, 25, is quoted as saying: "Our preferred choice would've been to record a new studio album. Good pop doesn't fall out of trees. Not many writers are writing for pop now."

Thu 10 May

http://musicnews.virginmedia.com/news/?news_id=14107

If he is desperate to write a song for another project, maybe he should team up with John Deacon (while BM is finishing his PhD) and see what comes out of it. That would be the kind of song I would definitely listen to, whoever is singing it - especially if it was him.

Come on guys! it is the Daily Star- who still see Elvis doing his thang every weekend!!

If MIKA feels he would be better doing that then all he has to do is look at Gary Barlow (okay hes popular again now hes back with the boys) but he was a wash out on his own just writing for other people. He needs the limelight to let him "Shine"-geddit!! (dunno if I should admit to this but I went to see him on his own at Manchester and he was actually quite good but had to wow the audience with the Take That songs and routine) Then take a lookey at Mr Robert Williams and see what he did with his time-okay the women,drugs,drink and pills didn't help but that aside its alot better than that guy who wrote songs for....what was his name again?

Come on Mika you know you need that limelight too don't go giving it to some dead end hadit boy band that make Louis Walsh's Mammy happy

xx

Why not :naughty:? If he writes for Westlife...

The huge return of Victoria Posh Beckam. Why not? :thumb_yello:

Nothing against Paris Hilton...I wouldn't mind...if she could actually hit a note:naughty:

I guess it's a compliment in a strange way that they actually need Mika's talent to produce good songs and not the same old sh*te. Still I can't imagine Westlife singing any of Mika's songs :blink: I think the last time Westlife ever did an upbeat song was 'When Your Looking Like That' and that was a longggg time ago.

I hate Westlife! They're terribly sad when singing! No smiles! They think, that song written by Mika will be enough to change their image. How wrong they are? They won't be able to sing song written by Mika, ha! And, wait a minute, what is FWIW? Isn't it just a rag looking for sensations and gossips? I have no idea what kind of paper is it.