Meeting Mika!!

nikjass

Hey guys,

I thought I was not going to see Mika Live until end of this year when I'm back in Bristol. However, well fortunately :punk: ...I have just won a competition here in Malaysia to go see Mika in Hong Kong. :thumb_yello: The organiser is even arranging a meet and greet session with the man himself... i'm really excited about this...

problem #1 is am trying to find a way to get myself a mikafanclub badge fast, like in a week's time. #2 Secondly, i'm wondering if there's anything I can give him from all of us here. It would be nice wouldn't it?

I'm desperate about the badge thing... wanted to get it ages ago, but they don't send it to here... I was thinking of getting them to mail it to my Bristol address and then get someone to mail it to me here, but that will take too much time.. and i haven't got that at the moment... Is there anyone outhere who can help...or any suggestions???

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to send for one to Bristol? If not through post.. is there any other ways to get my hands on one?

All these questions... HEEEEEEEELLLPPPPP!!!!

As you all know the Hong Kong show case is over and I had a wonderful time... Mika is great on stage and off stage... For the meet and greet we had to go see him in batches... a country a group.. there were 5 of us from my group.. one's a chaperon from universal malaysia who already met mika, 2 journalists from Malaysian newspapers who also already had the chance to interview him during the day and another girl who won the competition too - Susan... who was not as crazy about mika as i am. I asked my chaperon if we could go last... i wanted more time with him... but she says we'd be given numbers - they decide who goes in when. They set all sorts of rules... photos must be taken by their proffessional photographers... only 1 autograph per person etc... oh and only a group photo will be taken... i was dissapointed.

So we waited for the numbers to be given out... and guess what we were number six, which was last... how lucky was I ??? Anyway, we queued up... it didn't take too long cause they don't let ppl talk to him for too long... i had all my gifts sorted out.. etc... really excited at that point and then it was our turn... I remember the rest of the gang walked behind me.. they are really sweet, they let me shine.. cause they know how much i love mika. Mika was just stood there and looking at me and i just smiled... didn't say anything for a few seconds... he then noticed my shirt and commented on it.. he said it's great... but i told him it went horribly wrong.. which is truth.. i wanted to ditch the shirt idea cause.. it turned out so bad... but i thought i had to wear it cause we've put too much effort into it.... I told him the story about the glitches we had with the t-shirt.. and that's when he asked if my sign on is mikamagic.. or mika is magic on MFC... which i said no... and then he insisted there was such a person here... so i told him i obviously don't know... and then we got on to the badge... cause his tour manager asked about it and it reminded me to tell the story of how it is a well travelled badge... i first asked him if he knows Freddie which he said yes... and then told him that Freddie gave it to me for free and that it has travelled from Newcastle to Bristol, to Kuala Lumpur and then went to Hong kong with me. He seems impressed. and then I gave him our poster...

You lot should've seen his face... he was like a little kid that was given an extra huge Lollipop!!! He loves it... he really does...he looked at it thoroughly.. wide eyed and everything. i told him that it's a where's mika poster.. and he quickly said he loves where's wally.. and that he has every where's wally book.. i was really glad to know.

I also had a beaded bracelet for him..from me... i first said, i'm not sure if you'd wear this cause it's too girly... but he quickly said he likes it and told me to put it on for him... i was rushed by the ppl that were organising the thing a lot... throughout actually, but his tour manager and mika... was nice enough to allow... longer time with me... remember i said... we were supposed to have a group photo... well he said lets take a pic.. so i have a photo with him with our poster.. which is taken by a proffessional photographer..however, got to wait for it.. which is crap really...

Anyway, I have printed extra posters for myself and my friend who helped me with it and he signed them... it says, To Jassmin (moi name) Thank you so much. Totally amazing! Love Mika. I'm going to frame it up.

And that's it... we had a group photo and i said bye...

but the story continues... there's part 2 wait... i need to have a cigarette...

Our poster

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4828

Oh i forgot to say he started looking for himself on the poster right away, and got excited when he seen the first one.. and i also told him there's a hidden message in the poster from us and he said he'd already noticed that... quite observant.. cause.. you can't really see the message...

Anyway, I had to rush and buy souvenirs for everyone on the next day.. we were supposed to check out of the hotel at 12 and at half eleven i was still running around Kowloon looking for stuff to buy... we were walking on the main street when i suddenly had the urge to walk down a small street that has two shops that looked promising... I called out for Susan who was walking way ahead of me... told her about the two shops and she agreed to walk back with me... suddenly as we were approaching the shops i targeted... a group of ppl walked out of another shop where we were...

It was his tour manager and two ladies. I was excited and asked him if he remembered me... and he said... of course you're the girl with the poster last night.... he then said he's got to introduce me to someone... so he brought me to the ladies that were already way ahead of us... he called out for Yasmine... and introduced us.. i was over the moon cause she says she loves the poster.... we had a chat and then they had to leave.. cause they were leaving that day tooo.... I was so happy... it's nice to know the artist herself... had a look at the poster and actually likes it...

Been waiting for our photos to be sent, but no joy...

Anyway, here are some i took at the show...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that is some win, you get flights and all don't you!!

I am in Tokyo and we have had nothing much really by way of promotion, only the MTV Video awards coming up on May 26th. I will PM you with a suggestion for the badge.

Oh wow congrats :mf_rosetinted:

Thanks Kata, How are you doing??? Not been here for ages... the last time was probably few weeks back... my work was disrupted completely cause of this... so I stayed away. Really excited now... lost for words. Hope you and your girl are living it up :thumb_yello:

Wow, that is some win, you get flights and all don't you!!

I am in Tokyo and we have had nothing much really by way of promotion, only the MTV Video awards coming up on May 26th. I will PM you with a suggestion for the badge.

Thanks!!!!! :wink2: I guess am lucky, I've had the Mika fever for some time now and due to see him live anyway...

first.....congrats!!!

thats soooo awsome!!!!!!!! omg!

and well i dont know about the badge thing....but hope you'll get it XDD

and if you could......can you film Mika about the FanVideo.....we need more videos!!! right EnFa??? XD

to give.....hmmm.....hm....erhhh....uhmmm

when are you going to see Mika?

CONGRATS ON WINNING!

I won the myspace competition...but i didnt get to meet him. You are very lucky, and i am very jealous LOL

Wow, got to check your video out.... congrats dear.. i'm plain lucky I live in a cou ntry where there are not too many Mika fanatics. :thumb_yello:

first.....congrats!!!

thats soooo awsome!!!!!!!! omg!

and well i dont know about the badge thing....but hope you'll get it XDD

and if you could......can you film Mika about the FanVideo.....we need more videos!!! right EnFa??? XD

to give.....hmmm.....hm....erhhh....uhmmm

when are you going to see Mika?

It's on the 28th... and i'll try to film him...:wink2:

Wow, got to check your video out.... congrats dear.. i'm plain lucky I live in a cou ntry where there are not too many Mika fanatics. :thumb_yello:

Probably NOT YET!!! :roftl:

In any case: Congrats nikjass!!!! :thumb_yello: I think you'll have a great time!!! :punk:

CONGRATS ON WINNING!

I won the myspace competition...but i didnt get to meet him. You are very lucky, and i am very jealous LOL

Didn't you? I thought that was part of the prize? You know, get the picture for the site and all?

Thanks!!!!! :wink2: I guess am lucky, I've had the Mika fever for some time now and due to see him live anyway...

Ha, that reminds of the cowbell skit. I've got a fever and the only prescription is more Mika!

I hope you have an amazing time and please post pics!

OMG. I joined a contest in MTV and only one from the Philippines can win a ticket to see Mika perform live on the 28th in Hong Kong! I am really hoping to win that because I think (and hoping) that only a few entries will come from the Philippines. *praying*

OMG. I joined a contest in MTV and only one from the Philippines can win a ticket to see Mika perform live on the 28th in Hong Kong! I am really hoping to win that because I think (and hoping) that only a few entries will come from the Philippines. *praying*

Really hope to see you there... I wish I know anyone from here who's going too... :wink2:

I hope you win!!

Congratulations on winning such a FANTASTIC prize! Color me

GREEN

Hope you have a wonderful time! How could you not? :wink2:

And if I'd seen this sooner, I would have offered to mail a badge to

you... but count on Freddie to take care of it! :)

dcdeb

Thanks Kata, How are you doing??? Not been here for ages... the last time was probably few weeks back... my work was disrupted completely cause of this... so I stayed away. Really excited now... lost for words. Hope you and your girl are living it up :thumb_yello:

Was kinda wondering where you disappeared to :blink:

Oh right now I'm doing fine actually :mf_rosetinted: My friend gave me a kinda kitschy necklace with MIKA written on it, very teenie :mf_rosetinted: (my friend is 40 and she is having a jolly good time laughing at me when I act like I'm 14 :yay:) Anyway I'm gonna forget about the last crappy days and make myself purple and ready for Birmingham :arf2: So glad to see you won the competition, hope it will live up to your expectations :wub2:

I'm glad Freddie's sending you a badge. I copied and printed mine on card and laminated it when no-one was looking at work, then I chickened out of showing it. I'm not sure, with this site being unofficial, how much weight our membership carries.

Can you get a flashing heart?