2007 -- Sound and vision

titania

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you SO much for posting this article! I really loved it. I wish I could go see the gallery display in London!

And now I bet everyone will be scouring different kitchen remodel places in search of that brochure.. :roftl:

THANK YOU SOOOOO much for all that work posting this Titania!!! :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello: I am not done reading yet, but I wanted to say thanks, and I love this:

His manner is languid, self-contained and unassuming, and he has a light and rippling laugh. I also love that he has his family around him to keep his ego in check so he can remain sweet!

Has he ever been to a therapist? 'No, not at all, no way.'

Because he thinks he is well adjusted?

'No, because your flaws make you what you are. If you iron things out, what will you be left with? It's the imbalances that give us our character traits. It would be very boring if we were all the same genetically and conformed to the same configuration, the Golden Numbers, the perfect proportions of people's faces.'

I liked that bit, especially, "It's the imbalances that igve us our character traits." I never thought of it like that; Mika's bringing us new insight!

That's a very enlightening and interesting interview. More little insights and a nice interview with Yasmine , although it would have been nicer to have heard a little more from her (like who her influences are, things like that).

Thanks for posting it.

WOW! This was a truly amazing interview. It was the same story, but told in a different way. There is something dark hiding behind the cartoons and bright colors. Mika dug deeper for this one, and I am amazed at his honesty and candidness.

Thank you so much! Really great article. By the way, when I joked about his OCD, I didn't mean he didn't have it at all, just that his wasn't clinically serious.

In light of recent events, I keep coming back to this quote and trying to figure out how far it extends, really...

But his single-mindedness has served him well, especially where it has been combined with an ambition that is both knowing and coldly businesslike. I ask whether it would be fair to call him pushy. 'I'm controlling and manipulative.'

But on to lighter things. I really wish he didn't trail off when talking about how the first few moments of conversation after meeting someone are different now... that sounded really interesting, dammit. And hurrah for his family and friends.

I think I agree with him about people's personalities and psychiatrists, too. I've recently been considering going to a psychiatrist, but I keep thinking--I know I have tons of issues, but if I get all of them sorted out, what will I have left of my personality? Being well-adjusted is often being incredibly boring. This may also be why so many musicians stop making good music once they marry and settle down. :wink2:

--Jack

I think I agree with him about people's personalities and psychiatrists, too. I've recently been considering going to a psychiatrist, but I keep thinking--I know I have tons of issues, but if I get all of them sorted out, what will I have left of my personality? Being well-adjusted is often being incredibly boring. This may also be why so many musicians stop making good music once they marry and settle down. :wink2:

--Jack

Wouldn't have anything to do with control freak wives would it:roftl:

THanks for posting, Titania. I really enjoyed reading this article. I like what Mika said, "For me it's not about controlling so much as saying, why not?" and... "It would be very boring if we were all the same genetically and conformed to the same configuration, the Golden Numbers, the perfect proportions of people's faces."

Boring, indeed. Very nice.:biggrin2:

Thank you so much! Really great article. By the way, when I joked about his OCD, I didn't mean he didn't have it at all, just that his wasn't clinically serious.

In light of recent events, I keep coming back to this quote and trying to figure out how far it extends, really...

But on to lighter things. I really wish he didn't trail off when talking about how the first few moments of conversation after meeting someone are different now... that sounded really interesting, dammit. And hurrah for his family and friends.

--Jack

this is quite true about all of us!:wink2: