During Pride, I partnered with my friends at @indeedworks to create #SoundtrackofEmpathy which, among other things, put a spotlight on how important the feeling of belonging is in whatever you consider your workplace. This month Indeed is joining with @btwf for #BeKind21, encouraging everyone to commit to 21 consecutive acts of kindness. How can you help a coworker and foster belonging in your workplace? Comment below and be sure to follow along with @indeedworks and @btwf for more wonderful ways to be kind as we could all truly use more kindness in our world right now! #IndeedPartner #ad
What a great initiative! ❤️ The world could really need more kindness, especially in times like this. I wrote down 21 acts of kindness I think are important both in the workplace and in every other setting, @mikainstagram @indeedworks @btwf #bekind21 #btwfoundation #ad:
1. Compliment people.
2. Magnify their strengths, not their weaknesses.
3. Treat people like the unique, amazing human being they are.
4. Don't jugde a situation you've never been in. Everyone has their own way of seeing the world.
5. Be a good listener.
6. Try to see the other person's perspective on things.
7. Offer to help someone on a project.
8. Be positive when others start talking negatively.
9. Smile and say «Hi» to everyone.
10. Hold the door open for people.
11. See others.
12. Treat everybody similarly. Show the CEO and the cleaning person the same respect.
13. Everyone is different and, that's ok.
14. Don't leave anybody out. Include everyone.
15. Buy a coffee/tea for someone who looks like they need it.
16. Be polite, say thank you and welcome.
17. Everyone has something amazing to offer.
18. We are unity. Threat others like you would be treated.
20. Accept differences.