Mika 16.06.2007 German TV

Haeschen02

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hm, i had seen all the interview clips before, except for the one in the striped shirt, where was that from?

the content really was nothing new. how he wrote big girls. why he was rejected by record companies. they compared relax to "i just died in your arms". loadsa bits from the grace kelly video. he described his music. btw i think they made a mistake there, doesn't he describe it as "psycho-babble"? they translated "psycho-bubble"... i always thought it was the first, but might be wrong there? :blink:

It is psychobabble, you're right on that. I haven't watched the show (I was too annoyed by all the unprofessional Mika interviews in German TV when he actually WAS here...) I thought they would only take the oldest clips and patch them together - add an annoying dubbing and that's it... and it seems I might have been right...:blink:

hm, i had seen all the interview clips before, except for the one in the striped shirt, where was that from?

the content really was nothing new. how he wrote big girls. why he was rejected by record companies. they compared relax to "i just died in your arms". loadsa bits from the grace kelly video. he described his music. btw i think they made a mistake there, doesn't he describe it as "psycho-babble"? they translated "psycho-bubble"... i always thought it was the first, but might be wrong there? :blink:

I didn't understand the comparison with "I just died in your arms"!! I don't think they are that much alike and I think it's stupid to say that Mika admits that he'd been inspired by it and then show a part of the interview where he absolutely doesn't talk about that song!

seriously it was probably the stupidest thing I've ever seen about Mika! so don't worry nobody missed anything!

but your right I don't know either where the interview in the stripes shirt was from, but it only lasted like 10 seconds...

I didn't understand the comparison with "I just died in your arms"!! I don't think they are that much alike and I think it's stupid to say that Mika admits that he'd been inspired by it and then show a part of the interview where he absolutely doesn't talk about that song!

But it's true. In the CD-booklet, in the part which says who had written the songs, ist the following text: "...Incorporating elements of "(I Just) Died in Your Arms" written by Nicolas Ende...Used with permission".

But it's true. In the CD-booklet, in the part which says who had written the songs, ist the following text: "...Incorporating elements of "(I Just) Died in Your Arms" written by Nicolas Ende...Used with permission".

I think he wasn't aware of the fact that the song (at least melodywise) sounds a lot like 'I just died in your arms tonight' when he first wrote it. But as both songs do sound so much alike in fact, he had to add this to the booklet in order not to get judicial problems.

for me it doesnt sound like I just died in your arms at all:blink:

For me neither....But my dad told me that it reinded him so much of "I just died in your arms" when he first heard it (or to put it properly when I first made him lsiten to it :naughty: )....So yeah, but I think it's still an amazing song!!! :punk:

I noticed that later lol but I don't see any resemblance between the 2!

and what annoyed me most was the way they put it: ... inspired by "I just died in your arms" like Mika says it himself and then showing a part of an interview where he doesn't talk about that. I found it a little strange...

For me neither....But my dad told me that it reinded him so much of "I just died in your arms" when he first heard it (or to put it properly when I first made him lsiten to it :naughty: )....So yeah, but I think it's still an amazing song!!! :punk:

It's like the first ten seconds of each track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqb6suCYCc0 (Relax)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBwVlsa7_gs (I Just Died In Your Arms)

It's the same...riff? Melody? Something! My musical terminology is lacking! But then the songs part ways once you get into them, so yeah! :biggrin2:

It's like the first ten seconds of each track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqb6suCYCc0 (Relax)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBwVlsa7_gs (I Just Died In Your Arms)

It's the same...riff? Melody? Something! My musical terminology is lacking! But then the songs part ways once you get into them, so yeah! :biggrin2:

When someone told me it sounds like I Just Died In Your Arms tonight, I thought "Waaooh!! The beginning sounds the same. The first thing I did when I had the record is to read if it was noticed!

I like to know which do the drums, the guitar,..., who writes the lyrics and the music!!! It's very interesting!

Well I didn't notice it either till it was mentioned and as far as it goes I would say it is kinda just that one line that sorta has a similar sound to it, and not even the full line, pfft how picky are they, :sneaky2: it's WAAAAY better anyway, and is far more upbeat as far as the tune etc goes, the meaning of the lyrics are nothing at all like each other. pfft (again).

when i heard 'relax' for the first time i noticed the similarity... but it's only the beginning of the song that reminds me of 'i just died...' especially the beginning of the acoustic version of 'relax'... but i don't care ^^ because i love this song so much!!!

when i heard 'relax' for the first time i noticed the similarity... but it's only the beginning of the song that reminds me of 'i just died...' especially the beginning of the acoustic version of 'relax'... but i don't care ^^ because i love this song so much!!!

I don't care too!!! It makes me think about an another threat!!! :bleh: