Meet Ups Take Care

Ok its in my nature , but Ive been worrying all night .....

I see lots of emails of people meeting up across many threads , I just wanted to say especially to the younglings who are meeting that make sure you know who the person is that you are meeting , it sounds silly and we are all fabby people but we dont know everyone on here.

We have lots of newbies and people are giving information out ..

Just take care , meet in groups and try not to meet anyone that we dont know.

Hope that sounds ok :thumb_yello:

I totally agree with this ! We never really know who might be the person who you are talking to!

I just want to bump this thread, as it is more important than ever :shocked: I invited a bunch of MFCers to my appartment and they broke my furniture :crybaby:

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

I'm so sorry for you Kata! :huglove:

Hey, age has nothing to do with being vigilant and protective about meeting up. There are predators out there of all ages who prey on anything that moves and breathes! And they frequent reputable singles' lines and dating/matchmaking agencies as well as internet chat rooms. There's constantly news specials (i.e. Dateline, etc.) that cover these scams. And these parasites take whatever they can - money being the least of your problems!

Being a victim of such a crime is a horrendous experience, and you never quite recover from it completely. A few minutes of preparation and precaution can save you years of torment and turmoil. I'm going to take it upon myself to try and find some websites with pertinent information and get back to you guys.:thumb_yello:

Hey, age has nothing to do with being vigilant and protective about meeting up. There are predators out there of all ages who prey on anything that moves and breathes! And they frequent reputable singles' lines and dating/matchmaking agencies as well as internet chat rooms. There's constantly news specials (i.e. Dateline, etc.) that cover these scams. And these parasites take whatever they can - money being the least of your problems!

Being a victim of such a crime is a horrendous experience, and you never quite recover from it completely. A few minutes of preparation and precaution can save you years of torment and turmoil. I'm going to take it upon myself to try and find some websites with pertinent information and get back to you guys.:thumb_yello:

Perfect :thumb_yello:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
what do you all mean ? :shocked:

how can i meet ppl that i dont know? :roftl:

And I think this is a very good question actually..:blink:

We all think we know each other only by posting over here, but who can tell that everyone over here writes the truth?? :shocked:

You never know people before you met them, not even over here..:wink2:

We all think we know each other only by posting over here, but who can tell that everyone over here writes the truth?? :shocked:

We have no idea , thats the brutal truth .. unless we meet and get to know someone , anyone can pose as anyone .. simple as

It can also affect oldlngs just as well as the youngsters

Personnel details should never be given out on the threads , thats why we always delete them:thumb_yello:

...do we ever know anybody?

...do we ever know anybody?

Exactly my point..:wink2:

The question that was asked was: "How can I meet people I don't know? :roftl: "

Well, very easy actually..:blink:

Go to gigs: do you know them all?? :wink2:

Fanclub meetings in any way: Do you know them?? :shocked:

The answer will be "NO" at all times, because the only way you will be able to "know" people is to meet them and even then it is still dangerous..:boxed:

So again: Take Care!! :thumb_yello: