Mika at the Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam 11th november

BloEmPje

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah right. Tokio Hotel. You know about them, don't you :wink2: .

So what is the Dutch concert behaviour like? More British or more German?

Tokio Hotel. Yeah. Meine Schätze. :wub2:

About the second question: I have no idea, I can't compare. I have never been to concerts in Germany so I don't know what the German behaviour at concerts is like. :blink:

And actually... to be honest: I don't know what to expect from the audience at a Mika gig in Holland. I mean... it was sold out in 2 weeks, but this is what I posted in another thread earlier today:

Here in Holland Mika is still considered to be the just-so-gay reincarnation of Freddie Mercury, copycat of the Scissor Sisters (they have no idea what or who he really is). And for some weird reason it is cool to be a Freddie fan, it is even sort-of-cool to be a Scissor Sisters fan - but Mika... Nah, as a Mika fan you must definitely have some kangaroos loose in the top paddock! :insane:

I hope the people who are going to the HMH on the 11th of November will be fans or at least people who like his music. And not just to 'watch the little monkeys' - as we say in Dutch (I have no clue what the English expression is).

Tokio Hotel. Yeah. Meine Schätze. :wub2:

About the second question: I have no idea... I have never been to concerts in Germany so I don't know what the German behaviour at concerts is like...

I hope the people who go to the HMH on the 11th of November will be fans or at least people who like his music. And not just to 'watch the little monkeys' - as we say in Dutch (I have no clue what the English expression is).

German concert behaviour is very aggressive and rude especially when it comes to people who attract a younger audience. I was so pleasantly surprised about the British behaviour with the queuing and not pushing like hell and so on. I wonder what Cologne will be like :blink: . Maybe I should get a good life insurance first.

Hmm, my experiences with concert behaviour in the Netherlands are quite good actually (so far). In that case it might be more similar to 'the British way'. Is it so bad in Germany? :blink:

I might still be suffering from my Kooks experience in June which is a completely different kind of music but the queuing as such is always quite a wild event in Germany because the one who pushes the hardest will get in first. Not nice. And I definitely wouldn't want to be in the queue of a Tokio Hotel concert :blink: . And no, you can't persuade me to go there :bleh: .

I wouldn't dare. :biggrin2:

The last gig I attended in Holland was The View in de Melkweg, Amsterdam in May (it's the one in the video on my MySpace btw).

There was a very proper queue, people didn't push to get in and they didn't even push in the crowd during the gig.

But beware of girls with burning fags right behind you in the crowd. My arm was covered with burns and she didn't even notice until I told her. :sneaky2::mf_rosetinted:

I wouldn't dare. :biggrin2:

The last gig I attended in Holland was The View in de Melkweg, Amsterdam in May (it's the one in the video on my MySpace btw).

There was a very proper queue, people didn't push to get in and they didn't even push in the crowd during the gig.

But beware of girls with burning fags right behind you in the crowd. My arm was covered with burns and she didn't even notice until I told her. :sneaky2::mf_rosetinted:

That sounds good. So if I survive the Cologne gig I can look forward to Amsterdam :wink2: .

You saw The View? Die Band des kleinen Jürgen :wub2: . Are they good live? My friend bought their album in London.

I saw them twice, three days earlier they played at a Liberation Day festival. I like them, they know how to create a good atmosphere. Although I don't understand a word of what they say because of their Dundonian accent. :naughty:

You can watch the concert in Amsterdam on my MySpace, the quality is very good.

I saw them twice, three days earlier they played at a Liberation Day festival. I like them, they know how to create a good atmosphere. Although I don't understand a word of what they say because of their Dundonian accent. :naughty:

You can watch the concert in Amsterdam on my MySpace, the quality is very good.

I'm watching the videos right now. The Don and Same Jeans sound nice. Not too sure about the rest :blink: . And you're right. I can't understand a word as well :naughty:

I went to a concert in Cologne once and the people were really really nice. I think it just depends...

Who did you see? Yes, I guess it depends. I hope the Mika people will be nice :wink2:

I saw AFI there. Now that I think of it, people were really nice at every AFI concert I've been to...

I have the feeling that the crowd at a Mika show will be very nice in general. Just a bunch of crazy happy people.:biggrin2:

The Don is my favourite song by The View. And I like the short little 20 seconds piece of folk music 'Typical Time'. :naughty:

Dewi, that is right. At least when it comes to Mika concerts in the UK. I hope it will be similar in Holland...