I am horrified...

CazGirl

Er... well that would be nice and all, but it would hardly address the base issue...

I mean it's not like he's looking exhausted and scheduling gig after gig (and then cancelling some of them) because he hasn't got enough cucumber eye cream.

--Jack

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Er... well that would be nice and all, but it would hardly address the base issue...

I mean it's not like he's looking exhausted and scheduling gig after gig (and then cancelling some of them) because he hasn't got enough cucumber eye cream.

--Jack

True - however if one's ambition drives them to schedule gig after gig, a tube of cucumber eye cream might be nice at the end of a long night :bleh:

--Jack

lol.... well its just a thought to show him we eppreciate him and thinking about him and know he is doing hard work for the fans....

im not sure its a good idea cause its gonna take a lot of time putting it together and getting the money from everyone...lol

well im tired...maybe i have bad ideas when im tired? :bleh: ?!

--Jack

Exactly.... talk about superficiality and being only skin deep (pardon the pun - sorry guys...). No, that's only the tip of the iceberg... there really is a larger issue here.... and it starts and ends with Mika... really...

lol.... well its just a thought to show him we eppreciate him and thinking about him and know he is doing hard work for the fans....

im not sure its a good idea cause its gonna take a lot of time putting it together and getting the money from everyone...lol

It's such a nice idea, though - but I'm sure he has more money than all of us put together!!:thumb_yello:

Would be funny though if that were true... and he doesn't have any money yet; the profits haven't caught up to him so far.

"No, Mom, I can't take a rest until I've made enough money for the world's largest tube of cucumber eye cream! I've set my heart on it, and that's how it's going to be!"

--Jack

Is his summer schedule really that bad? I thought he had half the days off in July and very little scheduled for August. Don't these festivals usually consist of going on stage for half an hour and drinking pints the rest of the time?

I'd be surprised if it's going to be the gruelling promo morning, noon and night he's been going through the last 6 months.

I don't think it's a bad idea! Sure, it wouldn't affect the overscheduling issue, but it's the thought that counts, you know? :wink2: And in that case, I think it would mean just as much to him if everyone just let him know that they care about his well-being and maybe made a nice card like kjoshi did in NYC. He would probably appreciate that even more than something that's been bought for him and it would definitely bring a smile to his face! :original:

Oh great people, and I thought this would be the one thread which might be kept decent! I obviously underestimated you all. ;-)

Maybe I SHOULD be his bodyguard. Except he'd probably like the spanking idea...

--Jack

He needs a spanking.

You know what, joking aside, I think you've got it!

Having said that, it's not like he is on his own in all of this either, while I agree with the sentiments expressed here, he has always (as far as I am aware) had members of his family travelling with him. I can't believe that his parents will not have discussed this subject with him, and if they don't think it's a problem, or even if they do, but can't change Mika's mind, then what on earth could we, as fans do?

We could have a pact not to go to any of his gigs until he got the message and slowed down.

But of course that would not work, for every one person who followed through on this there would be another to take their place.

I am afraid that we just have to let Mika get on with it.

I am sure that the sentiments of threads like this will get back to him in some way, plus people telling him in person and leaving myspace messages.

Nothing else we can do IMHO.:mf_rosetinted:

Is his summer schedule really that bad? I thought he had half the days off in July and very little scheduled for August. Don't these festivals usually consist of going on stage for half an hour and drinking pints the rest of the time?

I'd be surprised if it's going to be the gruelling promo morning, noon and night he's been going through the last 6 months.

I imagine there will be some promotion work going on too, BG release is coming up soon so taking that into account and travelling time between gigs, there isn't much space in July, but does seem to leave the last two weeks in August free (according to our calendar)

i miss when Mika was just a popstar who's music i loved. Now i really care for him, and everytime i think about his being unhappy it swells up this hard-to-place anxiety for him.

btw what is so arousing about spankings? if you don't mind me asking. i'm laughing alot at the thought of it. lol. i could never ever take that seriously... wait... haha. forget it, please don't answer this.:roftl:

Having said that, it's not like he is on his own in all of this either, while I agree with the sentiments expressed here, he has always (as far as I am aware) had members of his family travelling with him. I can't believe that his parents will not have discussed this subject with him, and if they don't think it's a problem, or even if they do, but can't change Mika's mind, then what on earth could we, as fans do?

Yeah, that's what I keep coming back to. He's got his mom and his sisters and everything--surely they are looking out for him, and if he were being taken advantage of, they'd make themselves heard. So it must be his decision. Plus it's a bit arrogant, isn't it, to think that we as his True Fans can do something, or can see something, that his family cannot?

I mean, that won't stop me from asking him to rest more, but I understand that ultimately it's up to him.

--Jack

I don't think it's a bad idea! Sure, it wouldn't affect the overscheduling issue, but it's the thought that counts, you know? :wink2: And in that case, I think it would mean just as much to him if everyone just let him know that they care about his well-being and maybe made a nice card like kjoshi did in NYC. He would probably appreciate that even more than something that's been bought for him and it would definitely bring a smile to his face! :original:

Knowing Mika as well as we all do, I think if we acknowledged him in ANY way would be sooooo appreciated by him!!! He's just that kind of guy! I think everybody's ideas are just great because they show him how we all really feel about him. It's easy to be sweet to an absolute sweetheart! :wub2: The only point I'm trying to drive across is that we don't want to have to be sending him get well cards in the hospital or something. Hopefully, his OCD, his drive, ambition and love of music will balance itself out and he'll find more stability in not only his career itself but in the whole process of establishing, promoting and furthering it....:thumb_yello:

btw what is so arousing about spankings? if you don't mind me asking. i'm laughing alot at the thought of it. lol. i could never ever take that seriously... wait... haha. forget it, please don't answer this.:roftl:

Shoot. I've created a monster. I take back what I said about the spanking.

(And I was only trying to help...)

Yeah, that's what I keep coming back to. He's got his mom and his sisters and everything--surely they are looking out for him, and if he were being taken advantage of, they'd make themselves heard. So it must be his decision. Plus it's a bit arrogant, isn't it, to think that we as his True Fans can do something, or can see something, that his family cannot?

I mean, that won't stop me from asking him to rest more, but I understand that ultimately it's up to him.

--Jack

And his dad has even been at some gigs (he was at Shepherds Bush) and his father is a very successful businessman, so as we said..........

PS Jack, Jack, the buttons. :mf_rosetinted:

Actually it's not really even funny, just something that stuck in my mind, and you had to be there at the time.

And his dad has even been at some gigs (he was at Shepherds Bush) and his father is a very successful businessman, so as we said..........

Does anyone have any pics of Mika's dad? I mean, not awful paparazzi-jumping-out-of-a-bush pics, but maybe he was at a signing or something?

Just curious to see the man who gave Mika those good genes...:blush-anim-cl:

It's such a nice idea, though - but I'm sure he has more money than all of us put together!!:thumb_yello:

ofcourse he has... but its allways nice to get a gift... tho he gets gifts at all shows he goes to...i have NO idea where he put them all!