I am horrified...

CazGirl

you guys are right, he;s gonna flip, i mean, a lot of people know hwat happened to Dolores O'Riordan (well i do anyway) in 1996, and the sh*t that happened, i dont want that for MIKA, what if he doesnt know when to stop?? Dolores knew when to stop, she just pushed the boundaries a little TO far...

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's very sweet of you Cazgirl to be concerned......i'm sure he can cope with it though. It comes with the fame - unfortunately. You don't get anywhere if you don't work hard at at. :thumb_yello:

It's a very nice thought for you to want to buy him a pressie. I have already bought him summat to give to him at SH, So don't really know what else you could do. If i think of anything good, i'll let you know hun. :biggrin2::thumb_yello:

He needs a spanking.

Ok send him over I got a big paddle :wink2: and I can buy a book on how to give a jolly good spanking :bleh:

only kidding, I'm the one who wants to caress his curls and drop grapes in his mouth while fanning him really..HONESTLY!

It is a concern that he seems so tired and the worry he will "burn out" but I also see why he feels the need to do it this way, I think you have to strike whilst the iron is hot so to speak, and once he feels more established where he wants to be then hopefully he will be bale to calm it down. I just hope he is able to take all this pressure all the time. As has been said already he has a fantastic family surrounding him all the time and they will see it first if he starts to go downhill, I am sure they will take good care of him (unless he is a naughty boy and doesn't listen to his mum then you will have to send him to me and my paddle) :shocked: JOKING ARRGH!!! lol.

I think you have to strike whilst the iron is hot so to speak, and once he feels more established where he wants to be then hopefully he will be bale to calm it down.

Which is basically what he's been saying himself. :biggrin2: So we're back at square one.

--Jack

argh so many different sides!

I know Mika wants to work until he's happy with where he is...but HOW LONG IS THAT GOING TO TAKE?

Yeah, how 'big' does he feel he needs to be before he can afford to take a break? That's a difficult one to gauge.

I also worry about overkill, backlash, etc. I mean I know we all adore him and his music but plenty don't, and maybe if he tries TOO hard it will be detrimental on his overall popularity. I dunno...

hey guys... maybe we can collect some money from everyone and make a big basket of goodies for relaxation?

i would give it to him on his next show in LA...lol

it would be funny :) and cute i think!

like bath stuff....and that thing u put on your eyes to go to sleep...

and a relaxation CD?

and more? :)

I´m thinking about it for my present in the Summercase...

Hope it helps ;)

Yeah, how 'big' does he feel he needs to be before he can afford to take a break? That's a difficult one to gauge.

I also worry about overkill, backlash, etc. I mean I know we all adore him and his music but plenty don't, and maybe if he tries TOO hard it will be detrimental on his overall popularity. I dunno...

Yes, recently I was wondering how often he says things like 'I do what I do, I won't change and if you don't like it/me, get lost....' in interviews on the one hand. On the other hand he really tries hard to be liked by a public as big as possible... too hard IMO...

...identity mad :insane:

I was just checking myself and even though he's doing gig after gig he is having a break for 2 months (september and october) in between, so thats good.

Maybe all of us with a myspace could each leave a message on his myspace telling him to take a break...kind of like a protest to stop him working so hard.....well not a protest like a reminder telling him that he does have a life and he deserves to have the time to enjoy it.. fame or not...!

But i do agree that he works way to hard! Like he keeps saying he's been on the road for 9 months straight, to me that sound like a cry for help...:tears:

And the 'it's the way it HAS to be' thing does sound like they're all being forced to work non stop! But then MIKA wouldn't let anyone control his decisions.. would he? :blink:

I JUST DON'T KNOW! It's really getting to me becuase i feel so sorry for him having to do so much work in a short space of time... and how many times has he been ill????? An ear infection, a chest infection a sore foot.. is there anymore???

MIKA just calm down and take some time to be with your friends and family... we all love seeing you and support you always.. but we love seeing you HAPPY and ENERGETIC not MISERABLE and TIRED! HAVE A BREAK! Please...

he needs to slow down

that is one thing we know: FACT.

End of.

but taking this on a more serious tone now guys, where do we go from here? We're his fans, we need to look out for him just as much as his friends and family do.

It is a concern that he seems so tired and the worry he will "burn out" but I also see why he feels the need to do it this way, I think you have to strike whilst the iron is hot so to speak, and once he feels more established where he wants to be then hopefully he will be bale to calm it down. I just hope he is able to take all this pressure all the time. As has been said already he has a fantastic family surrounding him all the time and they will see it first if he starts to go downhill, I am sure they will take good care of him (unless he is a naughty boy and doesn't listen to his mum then you will have to send him to me and my paddle) :shocked: JOKING ARRGH!!! lol.

HI Sparkly,

I agree with you. I fear also he will "burn out". But It is his decision. Nobody could stop him at the moment. It is like a drug. :boxed:

My hopes go all in the same direction like yours! There is a strong family behind him. They would always have an eye on him.:wub2:

Btw can I help you with the paddle? Pleeeaaaasssse!!:naughty:

Which would have more impact do you think: lots of individual messages on his myspace from us, or a 'joint' message to him, from all of us? (In case he isn't reading the forums much these days and doesn't realise we are concerned.)

Not sure.

:blink:

???

I was just checking myself and even though he's doing gig after gig he is having a break for 2 months (september and october) in between, so thats good.

This is the thing, though. i remember looking on his myspace page in march/april, and there were practically no slots in june or july.

now look at it.

if he has a two month break then that is FANTASTIC, but if it's not, I can assure you work will pile up very quickly, and that's the mistake being made.

I know he said the whole experience doesn't feel real, and i think that's the problem...he probably doesn't even consider himself famous yet and feels the need to work extra hard...

Mika. YOU. ARE. FAMOUS.

Now stop working so hard LOL

Which would have more impact do you think: lots of individual messages on his myspace from us, or a 'joint' message to him, from all of us? (In case he isn't reading the forums much these days and doesn't realise we are concerned.)

Not sure.

:blink:

???

maybe we should all send a letter instead of vouchers for a spa day.

maybe we could do both if we're lucky lol

but will words work?

but will words work?

I don't actually think it will change what he does; but it would at least make him realise (if he doesn't already) that we care about him. Realistically that's all we can aim for..

I've just left a message on his myspace.. i don't think he'll get it but it's worth a try. :tears: I just don't feel happy about the whole "gig every day" thing at all...

Sorry for interrupting here, but.. eh...

don't you think it's a bit OUR fault too?? :blush-anim-cl:

Don't get me wrong here though...

I just try to say, that we all want to see Mika so badly that there are a lot of us have as signature: Mika, please come to *add your own country* :blink:

I know, I did it too...:doh:

He reads the forum and maybe he feels that he neglects one of the countries if he doesn't go there...:shocked:

for example: there are a lot of us Dutchies who wanted to see Mika, so a lot of us placed such thing in our signature (there was even a thread about it) and suddenly he comes to the Netherlands...

You see what I mean?? :wink2:

I've just left a message on his myspace.. i don't think he'll get it but it's worth a try. :tears: I just don't feel happy about the whole "gig every day" thing at all...

i sent him a message last night, but he gets so many messages he probably won't see it.

Maybe a card will do after all, I'm determined to help in some way. I don't mean to stalker-ish if I do, and if I do, I apologise greatly, but I'm a very caring person, as I'm sure a lot of people on here are, and I feel useless and wothless to just sit here and watch him perform night after night, travelling place to place pretty much everyday. I know it's his job, but there's working steady hours and doing overtime.

And if he keeps doing overtime he will overdrive into overkill.

We might not be able to help but we can at least DAMN WELL TRY.

WE'RE HIS FANS.

Who's with me?

I just try to say, that we all want to see Mika so badly that there are a lot of us have as signature: Mika, please come to *add your own country* :blink:

He reads the forum and maybe he feels that he neglects one of the countries if he doesn't go there...:shocked:

for example: there are a lot of us Dutchies who wanted to see Mika, so a lot of us placed such thing in our signature (there was even a thread about it) and suddenly he comes to the Netherlands...

Yes, you´re right. We´re demanding Mika constantly, but we see too he´s tired....:tears: It´s strange to explain, but you did it perfectly :thumb_yello:

i completely get you what you mean. We will all appreciate it when he goes to certain countries, but his health is important too. I'd rather see him energetic and happy on stage after a well earned break rather than seeing him tired and pooped out. I think I speak for everyone here.

I'm not saying Mika's stupid at all, I think he's a very smart man, and while us fans are important, he is as well as sometimes "me time" is all one needs.