Subliminal message for Mika =]

ThatRadFreak

Please count me in.

For people who can't sew, they just need to send a page of what they would like printed onto fabric, like a message or picture, and any colour ink-jet printer can print it onto specially prepared fabric. Then it can be sewn as a regular patch in the quilt. That means everyone can be involved, and it could be like a scrap book as a quilt. (LOL- I can see this thing becoming rather large, and very popular!)

You can buy ready to print fabric pages, or make your own, using bubble-jet set. Printed pages are better than just drawing on to the fabric, as it is machine washable, and colour-fast.

I am willing to help if you want...

i think the printed thing is what we will be doing with Cazgirls drawing lol

yeah help would be great!

and i hope it is popular, its going to be a fabulous reason to meet mika! =]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first spotted the title of this thread with the word "SUBLIMINAL" i thought it meant something like this:

MIKA - i wnat 2 rpoff ur shtri nd prou chkocltae sueac al eovr yr bydo!!!! :roftl:

*drags feet like an irritating child* CAN'T we just send him some Sleepytime tea?! *kicks dirt*

.... *tear* I CAN'T SEWWWWWWWW.

Well, i got this idea when CazGirl started the 'im shocked' thread, and basically, my idea is a patchwork quilt, so members could send me their 'patches' and then i could attempt to try and make a quilt or a blanket type thing from it, my mum knows all of this stuff so it shouldn't be too hard.

It doesn't need to be knitted, it can be made from material, and ot decorate it you could sew onto it or add extra materials.

As means of getting the blanket to him, im going to three gigs of his in 5-6monthes [24th November and 2&3 December] so there should be more then enough time to put it together =]

And the plus side of the blanket is that maybe it'll persuade him to sleep hehe =]

Does anyone like this idea?

People who have said they like the idea [and hopefully you'll do it cos otherwise tell me soon! lol]

BexxY

Ioana

kjoshi

sherry_baby

Monshi

Kavi

Diana

jemmalee

Satu

mouselle

And now for the girlies who like the idea, but cant sew or knit and stuff =]

skimbletapps

CazGirl

i think what will happen for the people who cant sew or knit is that there is going to be a patch for you guys, and maybe if possible, twill have your user name things =]

It's a beautiful great idea!

I can't sew either but I do like Mouselles idea of emailing designs to be printed onto the fabric thingys...

I might be able to put something together for that, if thats alright..otherwise would be happy to have name on a square dedicated to those who can't sew

Please count me in.

For people who can't sew, they just need to send a page of what they would like printed onto fabric, like a message or picture, and any colour ink-jet printer can print it onto specially prepared fabric. Then it can be sewn as a regular patch in the quilt. That means everyone can be involved, and it could be like a scrap book as a quilt. (LOL- I can see this thing becoming rather large, and very popular!)

You can buy ready to print fabric pages, or make your own, using bubble-jet set. Printed pages are better than just drawing on to the fabric, as it is machine washable, and colour-fast.

I am willing to help if you want...

MOUSELLE : I'd love you to help me with mine :biggrin2: if that's OK ?!

I think it's a wonderful idea & I'd love to be a part of it! Perhaps , size of patch should be specified ??:thumb_yello:

I think it's a wonderful idea & I'd love to be a part of it! Perhaps , size of patch should be specified ??:thumb_yello:

Yeah, once it gets figured out, specifics on what to do would be great! This is new to me since I don't have any patchmaking experience! :bleh:

Yeah, once it gets figured out, specifics on what to do would be great! This is new to me since I don't have any patchmaking experience! :bleh:

Maybe the size of patch could be posted on the front page of this thread so that we all know where to find it ? I think you might need a trailer to carry it to Mika tho ??!!!:roftl:

yeah this so cool!

right well, my mum said for the average bed it would need to be 6'x3'

but mikas taller then 6' so i was thinking 6.5'

but if yout want to really spoil him i guess we could try 7?

lol

but there is another thing, would you like the quilt to be double sided, so there is patches on both sides, or just one sided?

and as soon as i know how many people want to do it, i can tell you the sizes, cos theres no point in saying something now, and then when i get all the patches, it would end up 50' long xD

Happikali, just let me know what help you need!!

yeah this so cool!

right well, my mum said for the average bed it would need to be 6'x3'

but mikas taller then 6' so i was thinking 6.5'

but if yout want to really spoil him i guess we could try 7?

lol

but there is another thing, would you like the quilt to be double sided, so there is patches on both sides, or just one sided?

and as soon as i know how many people want to do it, i can tell you the sizes, cos theres no point in saying something now, and then when i get all the patches, it would end up 50' long xD

ThatRadFreak, do you have access to a bubble jet colour printer or shall I collect the non-sewers artwork and print it for you?

6' by 3' is kind of like the top of the single bed, but we can make it a floor to floor for a single bed, which is actually big enough to cover the top of a queen bed, so we have hedged our bets a bit.

For comfort, single sided may be best, or else any lumpy patches should go on one side, to be the top.

You probably need a time limit for names, so the patch size can be calculated, with room for spares for desperate latecomers. If we have 'blank spots' then a nice bright fabric will certainly do the trick as a space filler.

Or, calcuate how many 6" or 10" squares would make up a quilt of the right size, and stop taking names when the quota is filled!

Do you want to start a new thread with 'quilt for Mika' as the name so more people can find us, or do we limit participation to those who follow up subliminal messages?

ThatRadFreak, do you have access to a bubble jet colour printer or shall I collect the non-sewers artwork and print it for you?

6' by 3' is kind of like the top of the single bed, but we can make it a floor to floor for a single bed, which is actually big enough to cover the top of a queen bed, so we have hedged our bets a bit.

For comfort, single sided may be best, or else any lumpy patches should go on one side, to be the top.

You probably need a time limit for names, so the patch size can be calculated, with room for spares for desperate latecomers. If we have 'blank spots' then a nice bright fabric will certainly do the trick as a space filler.

Or, calcuate how many 6" or 10" squares would make up a quilt of the right size, and stop taking names when the quota is filled!

Ok, I did some caclulating and research, an extra-long twin bedspread is normally 6.75’ x 9.58’ (according to sewing.org) and the closest thing that I can get to that is two hundred and eighty 6" squares (14 squares by 20 squares. Now, if we're talking 10" squares we could make it 10 squares by 10 squares (100 total), which would be slightly bigger than a normal queen bedspread.

I think we should go for the 10" squares, because it will take less work (sewing together 280 squares would be incredibly time consuming).

edit: I just realized that I repeated what mouselle said about the "blank" squares, sorry! but yeah, quilters have the cutest patterned fabrics, so we could get something mika-esque.

Yeah i'll go and make a new thread in a bobbin =]

i was thinking one sided, but somebody suggested it so i thought i better raise the issue =]

my mum told me for a single bed, i guess i hadnt thought what bed mika would have xD

so how about 6'x7'

that should be a very big quilt, and if hes like me, normal ones are too small cos i like to wrap myself up xD

Do you want to start a new thread with 'quilt for Mika' as the name so more people can find us, or do we limit participation to those who follow up subliminal messages?

i have an inkjet

lol