The official quilt for Mika thread

ThatRadFreak

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my mum said we need some kind of colour scheme or pattern or it'll look a bit messy xD

how about the 7 coulors of the rainbow? lol

i think it would also be an idea, if we cant get enough people, to do more then patch each lol =]

i think any colours really a colour scheme would get pretty difficult for us all.

How about if you dont get enough squares patch it together with non decorated squares ?

just an idea

question

How big are we allocateed for the squares to make for the quilt?

and is that includeing or excluding the extra you need around the edges to patch them together?

sorry i dont know if its been asked or not yet

my mum said we need some kind of colour scheme or pattern or it'll look a bit messy xD

how about the 7 coulors of the rainbow? lol

i think it would also be an idea, if we cant get enough people, to do more then patch each lol =]

Rainbow colours sounds good! Maybe if it could be like seven rows or columns?

And I can make more than one patch if it's needed ^^

i think any colours really a colour scheme would get pretty difficult for us all.

How about if you dont get enough squares patch it together with non decorated squares ?

just an idea

question

How big are we allocateed for the squares to make for the quilt?

and is that includeing or excluding the extra you need around the edges to patch them together?

sorry i dont know if its been asked or not yet

well, i was thinking of doing a quilt that he could take with on flights and stuff, so its not too big, i was thinking 70x84 inches

and there is probably going to be a some sort of border, but im not sure yet.

im thinking at the moment to have patches about 5inches squared [13cm]

which works out to be 14x17 patches, 14 is perfect for doing a colour scheme of the rainbow lol xD

well, once i properly organise this, hopefully we'll have a number in the 7 times table so everyone could be 'allocated' a colour and then if they were planning a different colour, swap with someone or something xD

well, i was thinking of doing a quilt that he could take with on flights and stuff, so its not too big, i was thinking 70x84 inches

and there is probably going to be a some sort of border, but im not sure yet.

im thinking at the moment to have patches about 5inches squared [13cm]

which works out to be 14x17 patches, 14 is perfect for doing a colour scheme of the rainbow lol xD

well, once i properly organise this, hopefully we'll have a number in the 7 times table so everyone could be 'allocated' a colour and then if they were planning a different colour, swap with someone or something xD

"Not too big", isn't 70x84 inches kinda big? ^^

The size of the patches sounds good. And there'll be 238 of them?

238 sounds a lot XD

But I've never made a quilt so I have no idea :bleh:

By translating with google 6.5 inches is 16,51 cm. That is maybe a bit better, would be easier to fit whatever you'll make on the patch...

238 sounds a lot XD

But I've never made a quilt so I have no idea :bleh:

By translating with google 6.5 inches is 16,51 cm. That is maybe a bit better, would be easier to fit whatever you'll make on the patch...

i meant 6 and a half foot, in length xD

12 inches in a foot thats -counts- 78 inches =]

Ooh, yay! Since I can't sew, I'll start thinking of something to send to whoever is responsible for making it. Thanks a bunch for letting me be a part of this!! LOVE the idea!

:biggrin2::thumb_yello:

Oh I love to make stuff like this :wub2: can I be in? :mf_rosetinted:

you've both been added =]