The official quilt for Mika thread

ThatRadFreak

well, we still have lots of time to decided =]

and if i give it to him in november then he might talk to me at both the december ones =]

lol xD

Yeah but he will talk to you anyway because we have to meet him for Kavi

:thumb_yello:

x

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not yet, but each day brings more people to be part of it, this is like the 2 nd or 3rd day, and we have like 33 people who want to do it =]

Awesome...

So each patch, I'm guessing, is going to be fairly small?

x

whats the main colour thats in it?

cos if it had like a blue background then it would go in the blue bit or something xD

hmmm:( i really had like totally different colors everywhere...even the background...

i was only thing rainbow as a baseline, but if yours is multi, then its not a major problem =]

yay!!:thumb_yello::biggrin2:

now i'm just gonna wait till we have all the names and the size is given...:)

I can sew and have a machine and overlocker, I am seeing him 3 times in November so I am offering my services lol just let me know if you need any help.

I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere as I haven't read through the whole thread but...

Do you think it would be a good idea to have the centre square as the MFC logo? I could make one then send it along with my own one. I have bags and bags of materials of all sorts as I used to sew my daughters dancing costumes so have sequins and trimmings and all sorts.

Also CAZGIRL I left a message on the other thread for you about your design.

I'd so like to be part of this! But I can't sew (at least not so far, I could try but it would look crappy against the stuff of those who can sew...LOL)

I'll definitely think of something... count me in as 'likes idea but unable to sew' for once, please. When is the deadline for the actual patches? And sorry for my ignorance, I have no idea about quilting...:blink: I'm such a noob, are the squares to be sent just plain cloth or do they have to be thicker (knitted sqares are thicker than cloth though, so I wonder if it all has to be the same)....:blink: *looking dumb*

I'd so like to be part of this! But I can't sew (at least not so far, I could try but it would look crappy against the stuff of those who can sew...LOL)

I'll definitely think of something... count me in as 'likes idea but unable to sew' for once, please. When is the deadline for the actual patches? And sorry for my ignorance, I have no idea about quilting...:blink: I'm such a noob, are the squares to be sent just plain cloth or do they have to be thicker (knitted sqares are thicker than cloth though, so I wonder if it all has to be the same)....:blink: *looking dumb*

Well, from what I've seen of quilting (by the way I am a DIYNetwork fanatic, and watch their quilting shows), quilts are like three layers: all the patches, a layer of quilting batting (it's like the stuff they put in pillows, but its like a flat fabric), and then a soft fabric backing. So, ultimately, it doesn't matter if some are knitted/crocheted or just fabric because there will be other layers holding it all together :biggrin2:

I can sew and have a machine and overlocker, I am seeing him 3 times in November so I am offering my services lol just let me know if you need any help.

I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere as I haven't read through the whole thread but...

Do you think it would be a good idea to have the centre square as the MFC logo? I could make one then send it along with my own one. I have bags and bags of materials of all sorts as I used to sew my daughters dancing costumes so have sequins and trimmings and all sorts.

Also CAZGIRL I left a message on the other thread for you about your design.

yeah super =]

i was also thinking of having a patch for the names of the people who made a patch and stuff, so maybe in the same patch as the MFC one

we could have something cheesey like

'cos we at the MFC care

lots of love

[names of the people who helped]'

and any help would be fantastic =]

i think im kind of scared now xD

that is a big cool idea!! :thumb_yello:

but i cant sew or knit or watevrr :(

and i dont really get the "iron-drawing" thing :blink: :blink:

but uhmmm.....i THINK i can sew....but i dont think it will really be that great, i need someone to guide me.....and i need stuffs too Oo

uhmmm....i think ill just look x]

I like the idea very much!:thumb_yello: However, I'm not sure if I can sew or knit or something, I haven't tried anything of that too much:blink: Awwwww, I just love MFC for all those lovely projects to show Mika how much we love him:wub2: :wub2::thumb_yello: