reject pride thread

phunkygal

Yes I was more definately a reject at school...I guess I still am in alot of ways...it's just now that I don't really care very much!

I have a very small group of "real friends" and to be honest I think we all fit that reject group in our own way.

I didn't know what Mika had been thro before I came here either, I fell in love with his Music but it is really comforting and inspiring to hear his story.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was briefly a reject. I was just too weird and nerdy for many people to be able to cope with. *LOL* But over the years, I gathered a group of geeks, nerds and general oddities, and it was like a katamari, rolling along getting bigger and bigger. By the end of the Sixth Form, it had merged with a few other 'weird' groups, and we took up half the common room!

Ironically, though, because I'd gotten SO much weirder over the years, I ended up feeling sort of like the odd one out... my anxieties just took over, I suppose, and I even started experiencing depersonalisation and derealisation, probably as a defence mechanism. Though I have plenty of friends who are very kind and patient with me now, I think I'll always feel like the 'odd one out', even if my friends don't think of me like that.

I was briefly a reject. I was just too weird and nerdy for many people to be able to cope with. *LOL* But over the years, I gathered a group of geeks, nerds and general oddities, and it was like a katamari, rolling along getting bigger and bigger. By the end of the Sixth Form, it had merged with a few other 'weird' groups, and we took up half the common room!

Ironically, though, because I'd gotten SO much weirder over the years, I ended up feeling sort of like the odd one out... my anxieties just took over, I suppose, and I even started experiencing depersonalisation and derealisation, probably as a defence mechanism. Though I have plenty of friends who are very kind and patient with me now, I think I'll always feel like the 'odd one out', even if my friends don't think of me like that.

You are very lucky! I wish the same had happened to me.

my time at school was a desaster! everybody was pickin' on me. every day. everytime i said a word, they would make fun of me or started ranting again. i begged my mother if i could attend a different school but she said no.

it was so horrific, i will never ever forget that.

i begged my mother if i could attend a different school but she said no.

The same thing happened to me! I wonder if she realises how unhappy I was at the time and how deeply her decision affected me. Why do parents do that sort of thing? I would have been way better in another school.

lotsa idiots in my former school.

they never let me join their actions, though.

the girls even RAN AWAY from me. can you imagine that?

Oh, that's too bad. It wans't my case, but I think it's better to be left alone than to be just ignored. As if you were made of thin air. If they run away that means they weren't indifferent. It's a good sign.

they even called me a lesbian. i still don't know what i've done to them?!?!

cool to share that with you. it's a heavy load inside.

Yes, I know. I wasn't popular, either. And sometimes you feel so different and so alone... But I learnt to live with that. I'm not the happiest girl in the world but I managed to survive :wink2: I'm not doing it that bad.

Yes, I know. I wasn't popular, either. And sometimes you feel so different and so alone... But I learnt to live with that. I'm not the happiest girl in the world but I managed to survive :wink2: I'm not doing it that bad.

so you are fine now? how many years ago did you go to school?

i was. I hated school beacuse of this, because i was bullied..it was the worst time of my life till now. And i never told anyone cause everybody talked about school ages like the best of their life:boxed: i suffered so much, but always repressed everything..

I'm so happy school is over now. i don't have to see those bully faces anymore!

so you are fine now? how many years ago did you go to school?

I'm 22 (though I don't look it). In my country there's no college or the like. You end secondary school at 18 and then you go directly to the university. I finished school four years ago and I'm doing better now: I've stopped being rejected and laughed at. Although I hang around with some decent people, they are not my friends. It's just plain that they wouldn't lift a finger for me. But that's better that being totally ignored. What about you?

i was. I hated school beacuse of this, because i was bullied..it was the worst time of my life till now. And i never told anyone cause everybody talked about school ages like the best of their life:boxed:

I totally agree! Everybody seems to have had the time of his life in there, but for me it was the worst stage ever!

i graduated from commercial school in 2001.

commercial school was a blast, really! people there were totally different than secondary school.

kindergarten & elementary school were even a mess.

last year, a former schoolfellow from secondary school (bully!) had an accident and died, but i didn't feel a thing. i only thought: you get what you deserve.

am i rude?

I totally agree! Everybody seems to have had the time of his life in there, but for me it was the worst stage ever!

people should tell you that you only need to survive, cause life is not like that. It's hard, yeah, of course, but completely different from high school! if only someone told me...i wouldn't still carry on all the issues i had..

people should tell you that you only need to survive, cause life is not like that. It's hard, yeah, of course, but completely different from high school! if only someone told me...i wouldn't still carry on all the issues i had..

if had known then what i know now, it wouldn't have been such a disaster, but hey, life is a learning process.

my time at school was a desaster! everybody was pickin' on me. every day. everytime i said a word, they would make fun of me or started ranting again. i begged my mother if i could attend a different school but she said no.

well you were smarter than me... actually i didn't wanna leave the school where i was bullied because a) my mum said i would have to go to a girl's school then and that was a horrific prospect for me, especially since she first wanted to send me to a catholic convent school. :boxed: and b) i had a huge crush on a guy from another class. finally my mum made me change school though, and that was when it got better with the bullying. btw it WAS a girl's school (not the convent one though, my protest helped there :bleh: ), and i wasn't happy about that, but i am really happy now that my mum made me change school!

well you were smarter than me... actually i didn't wanna leave the school where i was bullied because a) my mum said i would have to go to a girl's school then and that was a horrific prospect for me, especially since she first wanted to send me to a catholic convent school. :boxed: and b) i had a huge crush on a guy from another class. finally my mum made me change school though, and that was when it got better with the bullying. btw it WAS a girl's school (not the convent one though, my protest helped there :bleh: ), and i wasn't happy about that, but i am really happy now that my mum made me change school!

because of a guy? ayyy.

i had a crush on a guy then, and he said i look like a pig...

because of a guy? ayyy.

i had a crush on a guy then, and he said i look like a pig...

well yeah i needed something to look forward to at school, otherwise i wouldn't have gone there at all! :naughty:

wow that was mean of the guy! the one i had a crush on was more the quiet type and he was one of the very few ones that didn't bully me or laugh when others bullied me.

I was bullied, although im not sure pride is the word.....

why was I bullied......I dont know, Some kids just get it I guess, If it wasnt one thing it would deffinately be another! my bullying was genderless, and some of my bullies were teachers, basically I stayed at a school long enough to get bullies but never to get any lasting friends!

I moved towns and schools so much in fact I had never been to any school longer than 3 years at a time, untill I went to highschool, highschool was for 5 years and It was my 6th school!

I graduated highschool last year, so glad to be out of the whole school system to be honest!

NOTE: there are a few instances of bullying, you do not want to hear about!

do you guys think you've grown a stronger person due to these experiences?

Yes and no. I'm more thickskinned now, and care less about what other people think of me. And no because they have been part of the reason which got me to be depressed, and an emotional wreckage..