And now ladies and gentlemen, Mr PATRICK WOLF !!

Yoppappop

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

does anyone know any of his best songs ? Im currently trying to pursuade my mum to go with me to see him live in leeds but sadly there is an un accompined age limit and although I am over 14 I dont think I would get in (I look a lot younger than I am ) so I need mummy to come! < she likes mika put not pw :( but im trying to convert her :D

oh and I dont have anything to prove my age :(

• 2 months later...

My brother, his friends and I went to see him live on March 21st (my brother's third time seeing him, my first) and it was sooooooooooooooooooooo much fun! :thumb_yello:

It was in the 'Sugar Club' in Dublin, which is quite a small venue (around 20-25 booths) and even though doors were supposed to open at 8pm, we didn't get in until 9.15pm. The reason for this was because the sound equipment they had went bust and they had to ship a new lot down from Belfast. Because of this, there was no time for a quick run-through before the show.

Patrick came onstage around 9.40pm and was really apologetic about the long wait. Here's the full setlist:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/patrick-wolf/2011/the-sugar-club-dublin-ireland-53d26735.html

At one stage his toy violin stopped working as it had run out of batteries, but those were replaced. During another song he trailed off completely as he had completely forgotten the words! :roftl:

During 'Vulture' he navigated around the audience and even serenaded a bald guy who was standing against the wall. He was also really thankful that his red jumpsuit had managed to remain in one piece as well (particularly around the trouser area). :teehee:

For the encore, he changed into his green 'shepherd boy' outfit and during 'The City' he actually came around to the area where my brother, his friends and I were and stood up on the couch in front of us. I'm also pretty certain that he made eye contact with us! :wub2:

'Lupercalia' is definitely my favourite album of 2011 and I'm going to see him again on October 24th. I soooooooooo cannot wait! :wub2:

Edited by Blossom

How cool! Thanks for telling us about the concert. I wonder if the setlist is still the same? I love the new songs, especially Together and The Days. :wub2: I'm going to see him in December in a small club in Helsinki! :thumb_yello:

I absolutely adore those songs as well! :wub2: Hope you have fun at the gig. :biggrin2:

I also looked through this thread and saw that no-one had posted this video, which is sooooooooooo adorable!

:wub2:

• 1 month later...

Went to see him in concert on October 24th (my 2nd time this year) and it was soooooooooooooooooooo much fun! :biggrin2:

Fortunately there weren't any sound equipment problems so it started pretty much on time, but I had to get a taxi into town as there was severe flooding in many parts of the city. The driver even told me that if he was unable to get into town, he would bring me straight home but I was thinking, "No way! I've been waiting for this for months!" :shocked:

Anyway, the setlist was quite different to the gig I was at back in March, but I still loved it. Patrick was his usual upbeat self and really made us all laugh - especially when he started pulling at his trousers (a pretty tight pair of Lycra trousers!) and told us that he was wearing underpants with birds on them. :roftl:

He even told us about the award he received from Trinity College Dublin earlier that day, which was for 'Outstanding Contribution To The Arts' and said it's likely to be the only award that he'll ever win. I'm so happy that he got it as he truly deserves it. :wub2:

He even performed a new song called 'Pelicans', which will be on the 'Brumalia EP' (out on November 28th) and when he performed 'The Future' everyone cheered when he sang the line 'And sweet dreams of Mother Ireland'. :teehee:

I took several photos, but here are several videos from the gig:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Patrick+Wolf+The+Academy+Dublin&aq=o

Here's the setlist as well:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/patrick-wolf/2011/the-academy-dublin-ireland-5bd1bf3c.html

At the end he said that he will be back next year, so I can't wait to see him again! :wub2:

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Wolf-cygnets.jpeg

Patrick Wolf and the cygnets of the Ballet West. photo by Tim Walker at the Mar Lodge Estate in Braemar, Scotland. from the January 2008 issue of Vanity Fair.

http://celebutante.tumblr.com/post/30689290632/lasferatu-patrick-wolf-and-the-cygnets-of-the

LOVEBOX 2012--

patrickbox1.jpg

Edited by A. Clay