And now ladies and gentlemen, Mr PATRICK WOLF !!

Yoppappop

Waow... He may have been a good perfomer 2 days ago and funny and all that, but he's not a good bulletin writer :blink: I didn't understand a word of what he said, and i so don't care... I've decided to be a non-carer... How that i already was ?! :bleh:

And we can all be twats from time to time... It's fun...

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Come on Patrick, you knew where you signed for. :biggrin2:

Hehe, maybe he is convinced that Mika should have been HIS support act, not the other way round. :naughty:

Oh well...

*still looking for that Magic Position ringtone*

Sorry for jumping onto the "train" that is already gone...seems like never get to read the forum when some interesting discussion is on...:bleh:

so... needless to say-neither of them is a twat (well in fact both are:biggrin2: )

Patrick's position is quite understandable (bad choice of words though, mr W)...he has been seriously in the business for a number of years so far...and as much as I know, he went thru some trouble with his record company that tried to market him "too indie-experimental-whatever..." and he was not quite happy with that. (ironically, Mika has been complaining about being forced into too-commercial stuff)

Being asked about Mika and all his success Patrick said something like "I dont understand" how the person could do it so quickly (well, we all know about M's "12 yrs in the making" etc by heart now, but what he meant is just releasing the albums...)

And he has all the right whatsoever to be irritated about certain ways the industry works....he IS a musical genius, and MUSICALLY (melodically etc-) maybe bigger than M...but obviously lacks a certain "appeal" to a larger audience...

The thing is we are all humans, and we all fall for a beautiful package, etc... especially if that one is so WONDERFULLY DELICIOUSLY crafted as Mika's...and the inner content, despite being wonderful, talented blah-blah is much easier digested than Patrick's. And it is not because of Mika being insincere , but because of his wish to make HUGE SOUNDING POP records. And together with visuals, hype, all that Beirut-dyslexia and "insane singing teachers" it sums up into a fascinating Mika product-project-......created by a multi-talented "circus master"...

P.S. Do not quite agree about the whole inward-outward thing...maybe earlier Patrick-yes...though in terms of lyrics (the meaning behind ?) Mika might be even darker...

P.P.S. well, anyway, lets wait till Perez posts it into "Celebrity feuds:biggrin2: "