New Perez post! Ohh NOO Patrick doesnt like Mika!!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey - different strokes..... I totally respect that...

If Mika did what Patrick did, I'd be just as upset at him....

And yeah, we all do and say things we regret... this will be forgotten too. Compared to some of the idiots in Hollywood, this is small potatoes, if you catch my drift....... ummmm... Britney? Paris? Nicole? Lindsay???? Mel? Kramer???:thumbdown:

i really hope mika NEVER shaves his head like britney :roftl:

1.:biggrin2:

2. ...do not particularly like the fact, that only a certain quote is placed....a bit "out of the context" imho with no link to the full text whatsoever....

3. the GAYEST pic of M (from that whole exhibition photoshoot) and the UGLIEST of Patrick:biggrin2:

It's such a shame that Patrick did this as he has ruined some chances here of gaining some more fans, I had never heard of him before and I didn't like his style at all when I saw him (still don't) but during the show I warmed to him, and enjoyed his songs immensely, but this has spoiled that now.

I am unsure if I still like him cos sometimes it's not JUST about the music for me, I like the whole package (and I have to like the person), and Patrick came across as a really nice guy on stage, I found I liked his personality, so I don't like what he said about Mika or WHY he said it, I find it 2 faced an immature especially after Mika had been so complimenting about him.

He may be just trying to ride on a wave and hope to get some publicity over it and they do say no publicity is BAD publicity, but I think he has made a mistake saying what he has, he may live to regret it as Mika is such a nice person and genuine (and I wrongly got the impression Patrick was similar..pfft). I think he will definitely lose more fans than gain some which is a shame as I think we were all very supportive to him at the gig when really I for one was in shock at first and thought WTF is this for a while.

Silly silly boy :thumbdown:

Good point! I had never ever heard any song from Patrick, but I liked him very much at Somerset. I don't know what I think of him now, after having read all this. :blink:

Well, alright. I have said it on another thread but let me repeat:

I’d rather listen to a modern classical music piece in which someone plays the piano wires with a ruler than listen to Patrick’s crap music again (I have tried both, so I can compare).:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Who the hell does he think he is?

1., calling Mika overmarketed?

Fact 1 – Marketing of Mika: The Mika ’phenomenon’ started on the radio and he did receive critical acclaim before the ’album push’ started – and here I only refer to silly stories like mentioning Mika’s possible collaboration with other Universal artists – so it obviously came from the record company. His first performances (Jools Holand, BBC, Virgin radio..etc) were mainly accoustic ones and you could feel the jaws drop in he audience when he was playing.

Fact 2. – Marketing of Patrick Wolf: First time I heard of him was when Mika mentioned him... so I thought I’d better listen ’cause Mika must know what’s good... Well, I did and I wasn’t impressed... Then I received the mail from Mikasounds in which they recommended me to listen to Patrick Wolf – it was a colourful mail, so I thought perhaps they thought that Mika fans liked colours because I saw no other connection...Then I heard the LoveToday remix by PW and I remember thinking there must have been something wrong with the recording as there is no way Mika would play that ****, so I thought maybe Mika was just provoking people..

2., being confused might make Patrick Wolf a respected ’artist’ in the eyes of many but being an artist is different from being a musician

3., PW is marketing himself by slagging of a popular and obviuosly talented musician who is not accepted by the indie crowd, in the hope that he will be accepted by the indie scene just because of doing this....

.. I must go back to work now...

Well, this does not make me want to cry at all. Far from it, it makes me feel more confortable. Never having heard of Patrick Wolf untill Mika praised him so highly in his MySpace, I checked on the Internet, listened a while and remained... ern... thoughtful ! I didn't undestand why Mika was so enthusiastic about his music and deeply disliked what Wolf has made with his "Love Today Remix". It grieved me a little, not to share one of Mika's tastes. Now,it does not grieve me at all !

Poor Mika must be so upset to be dissed by a person he admires (and for whom he made so much publicity !). It's a little as if Mika wrote in his MySpace that he doesn't like one of us ! I don't know what was wrong with Patrick Wolf but at least, he could be a little more thankful to Mika for all the kind things he said about him.

At last, I hope Mika will completely ignore him !

Well, alright. I have said it on another thread but let me repeat:

I’d rather listen to a modern classical music piece in which someone plays the piano wires with a ruler than listen to Patrick’s crap music again (I have tried both, so I can compare).:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Who the hell does he think he is?

1., calling Mika overmarketed?

Fact 1 – Marketing of Mika: The Mika ’phenomenon’ started on the radio and he did receive critical acclaim before the ’album push’ started – and here I only refer to silly stories like mentioning Mika’s possible collaboration with other Universal artists – so it obviously came from the record company. His first performances (Jools Holand, BBC, Virgin radio..etc) were mainly accoustic ones and you could feel the jaws drop in he audience when he was playing.

Fact 2. – Marketing of Patrick Wolf: First time I heard of him was when Mika mentioned him... so I thought I’d better listen ’cause Mika must know what’s good... Well, I did and I wasn’t impressed... Then I received the mail from Mikasounds in which they recommended me to listen to Patrick Wolf – it was a colourful mail, so I thought perhaps they thought that Mika fans liked colours because I saw no other connection...Then I heard the LoveToday remix by PW and I remember thinking there must have been something wrong with the recording as there is no way Mika would play that ****, so I thought maybe Mika was just provoking people..

2., being confused might make Patrick Wolf a respected ’artist’ in the eyes of many but being an artist is different from being a musician

3., PW is marketing himself by slagging of a popular and obviuosly talented musician who is not accepted by the indie crowd, in the hope that he will be accepted by the indie scene just because of doing this....

.. I must go back to work now...

ok i'm sorry but you cant say Patricks music is crap and i'm not just saying that because i'm a fan his music thake a little time to get uesed to but its amazing and you should juded until you have sat a listed to it all thats fine if your not in to that but please dont say its crap thankyou

Well, if i choose the best performance from any Mika lives

i would pick on the acoustics style

i prefer no dancer, no anything, just his own voice

but....! it doesnt mean i dun like his creation of wonderland!

His show's more than a SHOW~like partying~

everyone sing along~another way to spice up the atmosphere~

bring all ppl into high spirit! its a concert! why not?

i like he try to make a bit difference on every shows to surprise the audience

audience never get enough

Did Patrick really mean it?if yes, he completely disappoint me:sneaky2:

You have right to hate him but what bother me is

he is a SUPPORING act, if he doesn't like him , he can just decline this performance. He is so fake. :badmood:

It's like Mika treat him as a fd, but then , he say bad things behind him, hmmm....at least, tell in front of him, plz

and i absolutely disagree with his view on pop music.(Patrick Wolf Vs. Mika: FITE!):sneaky2:

Pop music can exist on different boundaries

I feel very happy everytime i listen to LICM

what is talent?only working indie muisc is talented?

Mika made decent pop music with beautiful melody, whats wrong with that?

If Patrick doesn't get the passion and soul from mika's music, that's his problem :thumbdown:

What brings Mika succeed in the first place , its his organic music

btw, I watched his somerset perfomance on youtube last night before this article comes out (so no bias, believe me)

i feel creepy when he writhe on the floor.......

(Dun act like him ...mika...:naughty: )(though im totally ok with lovefoxxx's (CSS) mad onstage performance ......)

but frankly, i think he really get a very pretty face... :fisch:

sorry for my long rant ..

he first posted this the night of somerset:

subject: Somerset House

body: Mika is a twat

then he wrote another one the next morning:

and what I meant was

Please lets put an end to

over marketed, expensive heartless

tacky rubbish, autotune, airbrush

should i market myself to look OUTRAGEOUS and kooky or would

it be easier if I sold records by playing safe and serene

and for the family

to save more record sales. Cliff richard. enrique iglesias.

mutton dressed as lamb.

what we all need in this time

of super superficialities is gristle

and bone and passion and soul

and true stars that havent come from

the end of showbiz academy jazz hands school

I never got an education for what

i do, I woke up with a passion to sing

and write and communicate from the bottom

of my dirty teenage heart and we should be more aware

of what is fed to us as genetically modified music

and what is organic music, this is not about gender

or sexuality, its just a bad time for music and I cant

stand on the sideline with a fake smile.

Sure, everybody likes a good show.. and and entertainer

but liberace had the flying limousine and hotpants.

"should i market myself to look OUTRAGEOUS and kooky"...is he blind?? the first time i saw him perform on jimmy kimmel live, he wore a baby blue glittery shirt, and really short shorts. he was also performing with no shirt on and super short shorts at somerset.

"it be easier if I sold records by playing safe and serene

and for the family" it's just the way mika is, it's not his fault he's a nice, happy person.

"true stars that havent come from

the end of showbiz academy jazz hands school

I never got an education for what

i do, I woke up with a passion to sing

and write and communicate from the bottom

of my dirty teenage heart and we should be more aware"

mika was at that school for a year and can't even read music, so it really didn't do him any good.

"but liberace had the flying limousine and hotpants"...and made millions of dollars!

i think patrick is jealous because of mikas instant success.