Mika T4 on the beach (blog entry plus pics)

paula.pop

http://www.channel4.com/music/festivals/t4otb07index-feature3.html

For someone who is wearing bright green jeans, white braces and is singing about plump ladies, Mika certainly draws more cheers than one might expect. Maybe it's because he's opened with soon-to-be-smash 'Big Girls (You Are Beautiful)'. Or maybe it's because he's enlisted the help of that corseted lady from his video and a host of super furry animals to jump around the stage with him. Or maybe it's because he's ruddy good and the closest thing we've had to a real pop star all day. We'll let you decide on that one.

Pics from flickr-click on the links:

Mika

Mika

Mika

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would definitely agree with that. Even McFly didn't come close. But Just Jack put up a brave try with Stars In Their Eyes.

But the day belonged to Mika, love those jeans.

Saw it on tv, he looked lush was chewing gum on the interview bit lol but I felt as if he didn't enjoy it as much as some gigs, perhaps the crowd was too far away or something, I just got this feeling that he performed a bit differently, as if it was too far for him to connect with his crowd and fans like he usually does. (was it just me who thought so one wonders).

The performance was great but i only caught a little bit of the interview,

I hope it comes on youtube quick !

did anyone see on the rundown, where the presenters were walking through where all the singers were: Mika was standing with Beth Ditto ! I thought that was so sweet they really get on. :thumb_yello:

Saw it on tv, he looked lush was chewing gum on the interview bit lol but I felt as if he didn't enjoy it as much as some gigs, perhaps the crowd was too far away or something, I just got this feeling that he performed a bit differently, as if it was too far for him to connect with his crowd and fans like he usually does. (was it just me who thought so one wonders).

havent seen it, but iwas thinking that thats why.. i mean. the crowd... HUGE!

That's exactly wot i though- he was distant a bit upset, maybe he was just tired

I think you maybe right about him possibly not enjoying it as much, as the crowd was a mixture of people, not diehard fans who apprieciate his music completely. Obviously he won't get the same reaction with a mixed crowd as they don't all get him like we do.

Well, not all of us spend as much time as you do studying the intricacies of the situation...

--Jack

Pfff... That was looooooooooooooooooooooooow shot :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

And i can see it in one second, no need to study it that much :mf_rosetinted:

Talking about studying, how are you ? :naughty::bleh:

I don't want to come within 10 feet of a cockadoodle like that. :shocked:

Well that's too bad, because you're coming with me to the August 10th gig and I'm definitely planning to be within 10 feet. You can cower behind me if you're such a scaredy cat. :sneaky2:

Pfff... That was looooooooooooooooooooooooow shot :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

And i can see it in one second, no need to study it that much :mf_rosetinted:

Well, I could make out that it was Allegra in a second, but you called me a stalker... :naughty: Oh well, I think I'd rather stalk Allegra than what you're stalking... :roftl:

--Jack

http://www.channel4.com/music/festivals/t4otb07index-feature3.html

For someone who is wearing bright green jeans, white braces and is singing about plump ladies, Mika certainly draws more cheers than one might expect. Maybe it's because he's opened with soon-to-be-smash 'Big Girls (You Are Beautiful)'. Or maybe it's because he's enlisted the help of that corseted lady from his video and a host of super furry animals to jump around the stage with him. Or maybe it's because he's ruddy good and the closest thing we've had to a real pop star all day. We'll let you decide on that one.

Pics from flickr-click on the links:

Mika

Mika

Mika

Thank you for posting this! :biggrin2::thumb_yello:

It's a very favorable, although short, article.

Speaking of "swelling going down by August 10th" - wish me the same - for my mouth.

:shocked::blink: What have you been doing with your mouth, Suzy??

Considering the subject at hand (or at something else?) here, I'm a bit afraid of the answer...

--Jack