Video of the interview after the Olympia

cath85

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I suggest you edit your first post with the translation, so it's all together... Like copy-paste this post to the first one... No ?

okay but isn't there a length limitation? it is quite long I'm still no done with it

Great video, thanks for posting and for translating!:wink2: I'm too tired to read now though I leave that for tomorrow, bur I watched the video and it was soo nice - I know just some words in French, but I wasn't bored a single moment. Mika has wonderful mimics. Good night!:wink2:

okay but isn't there a length limitation? it is quite long I'm still no done with it

That's what i thought, but you still can try, and if it fits, it will be better... If it doesn't, then no problem, it's just not possible, and leave it separate :thumb_yello:

I haven't found this on here so it might have never been posted!

tell me if you have seen it or not! and if I shall start working on a translation or not!

http://tf1.lci.fr/infos/jt-tf1/culture/0,,3480754,00-mika-pour-moi-olympia-appartient-brel-piaf-.html

here comes the translation!!

sometimes he said the English word to get the French translation. then I put it between ""

I : one of the sentences you said during the concert was that 6 months ago you played in front of 15 people in Birmingham. How did we end up here ? What happened ? Is it nonsense ? How di dit happen ?

M : I have no idea how it happened, I’m completely surprised. Saying that I’m not surprised is not true. It was quite unbelievable. We started touring almost 8 months ago. We didn’t stop. We started with events all around the UK before we released a single, ehm, there were 15 people in Birmigham, 25 in Bristol, but we did a big show, we haven’t really changed. We do one kind of show, it doesn’t change even if there are 10 people, the show is as big.

I :but tonight there were 2500 people

M : yes

I : when you were little you walked by in front of the Olympia. Olympia isn’t just anything.

M : no not at all. It’s a "landmark moment"

I : un repère (I leave it in French because the word is not really correct !)

M : what ?

I : un repère

M : is that a "landmark moment" ?

(more people tell him sth)

M : everybody is saying sth else. If you want to correct me in French, you have to say one word not 6 ! You are going to break my head (literally but in French this expression isn’t really used in that way, I think he means "drive me crazy")

M : I remember the Olympia very well. I always thought wow this is the place that belongs to Jacques Brel and Edith Piaf. It belongs to nobody else ! ehm it’s funny, it’s completely strange that tonight it belonged to me. Tomorrow it will be to somebody else, but tonight it was mine !

I : So,for those who don’t know Mika, when you were in France you listened to Gainsbourg or what ? then you were in England, you listened to sth else, it’s a mixture of what ? of everything ? Is it a big milkshake ? (sounds stupid in French too !)

M : I was born in Beirut in 1983 then because of the war we moved. One year later we came to Paris and stayed here for 8/9 years. Then my father got stuck in the golf war, because he was on a business trip. There he was stuck in the embassy in Kuwait for 8 months. When he came back we started all over, we had lost everything actually. I twas quite hard. And then when he came back, we had a new start in London and…. (it is cut in a strange way sometimes)

M : when we lived in Paris, we listened to everything. In my childhood we listened to Gainsbourg and all the women, Jane Birkin , France Gall, all those great poupées (=doll don’t know how to translate that), that I adore. But we also listened to (don’t understand the name he says there), Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, Nina Simone, (again don’t understand name) a whole mixture, really. Not much rock. I had to discover that by myself.

I : your voice

M : my voice that I lost…

I : when you speak very high…

M : I lost it now because you asked me so many questions

I : I can not be made responsible for that. If later there is no second album it’s because of Guillaume…

M : it’s because of Guillaume !

I : when can you go so high as in Relax, look like me… no but how do you do that, because it is a very fragile muscle, do you take any special care of it ?

M : oh no, it is a fragile muscle (shows with fingers) look I’m….(laughing) (meaning I’m showing it with my fingers) ehm, but it can do a lot, if you breathe and if you have a good technique (asking if the gender of the word technique is correct. those who know a little French understand what I’m saying) one can do whatever one wants really.

I was lucky, I started singing seriously when I was 11 and I was thrown out of the French lycée in London and then I had nothing to do for almost 8 months, because I couldn’t enter another school, because I had a lot of trouble, I’m dyslexic and I couldn’t read nor write in French or in English. So I had to start all over again and I started studying with a Russian teacher who was called Alla Ardokov (sp ?) and 3 months later I got my first job. It was in the chorus of an opera at the Royal Opera House in London in an opera that was called "Die Frau ohne Schatten". The woman without an… a shadow wow…. And then I wrote my own songs, but waiting for that I did every kind of job and with very complicated music, contemporary in Germany or in "Warsaw" how do you say that ?

I : warsaw (in French)

M : Warsaw and I made gingles for a chewing gum company, for British Aiways

I : what was the gingle like ?

M : hein ? (he’s so funny lol)

I : what was it like ?

M : (makes a mocking face) I’m so surprised that you’re asking me this ! Everybody asks me that !

Thank you for posting this and for the translation! :biggrin2::thumb_yello:

He's adorable as ever. :wub2:

That's what i thought, but you still can try, and if it fits, it will be better... If it doesn't, then no problem, it's just not possible, and leave it separate :thumb_yello:

it worked!! thanks for the advice btw!

the translation is all ready now in the first post! enjoy :thumb_yello:

Ahhhhhhhh! J'adore ca! Il est tellement mignon quand il parle en francais... particulairement quand il fait des erreurs... hahah. Il fait des grimaces juste comme moi! (Eh ben, je fais beaucoup plus des erreurs que lui... mais...) Ca m'aide de ne pas sentir si mal sur le sujet de mon francais... et mon russe, en fait! Je vais essayer parler en francais avec lui, maintenant!

Mais j'aime bien ses sourcils, hahah. Toujours si animes! Merci bien, pamette! Et pour la translation aussi!

:wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

(Un peu trop enthousiaste, oui... mais je peux faire ca, comme personne ne me comprend, hahah, sauf les francaises...)

--Jack

it worked!! thanks for the advice btw!

the translation is all ready now in the first post! enjoy :thumb_yello:

The whole interview fitted in the first post ?! Great job Cath !! Thank you for your efforts (even if i understand French :blush-anim-cl: , but i had proposed to do it tomorrow afternoon before LebAngel told me you were already on it... So i won't have to do it... So thank you :biggrin2: )

:yay: :yay: :yay: For Cath !!

Ahhhhhhhh! J'adore ca! Il est tellement mignon quand il parle en francais... particulairement quand il fait des erreurs... hahah. Il fait des grimaces juste comme moi! (Eh ben, je fais beaucoup plus des erreurs que lui... mais...) Ca m'aide de ne pas sentir si mal sur le sujet de mon francais... et mon russe, en fait! Je vais essayer parler en francais avec lui, maintenant!

Mais j'aime bien ses sourcils, hahah. Toujours si animes! Merci bien, pamette! Et pour la translation aussi!

:wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

(Un peu trop enthousiaste, oui... mais je peux faire ca, comme personne ne me comprend, hahah, sauf les francaises...)

--Jack

He he he... We have a groupie here... :naughty: :naughty:

Et oui, ça pourrait être une super idée de parler en Français avec lui la prochaine fois que tu le croise, ça le marquera, et tu te démarqueras :wink2:

The whole interview fitted in the first post ?! Great job Cath !! Thank you for your efforts (even if i understand French :blush-anim-cl: , but i had proposed to do it tomorrow afternoon before LebAngel told me you were already on it... So i won't have to do it... So thank you )

:yay: :yay: :yay: For Cath !!

hihi it was actually kind of fun! I love doing translations! and I had a little time to kill tonight so...

He he he... We have a groupie here... :naughty:

Et oui, ça pourrait être une super idée de parler en Français avec lui la prochaine fois que tu le croise, ça le marquera, et tu te démarqueras :wink2:

et personne ne comprendra rien :naughty:

Hahah, c'est vrai! Mais je l'effrayerai avec mon accent terrible! Je crois qu'il ne me comprendra pas non plus...

--Jack

Je ne savais pas tu parlais (écrivais) bien en français! Tu me surprendras toujours :wub2:

O....M....F....His.... hair.... is.... pulled.... back!!!! :mf_lustslow:

*faints*

*thud*

ah yes! :wub2:

I still have the window with the video open and he is just too beautiful at that moment I don't even wanna close it!! but it's 5:33 am I should really turn off the computer :naughty:

ah yes! :wub2:

I still have the window with the video open and he is just too beautiful at that moment I don't even wanna close it!! but it's 5:33 am I should really turn off the computer :naughty:

Um...don't tell...but I have always wanted to see his hair pulled back into a pony tail. I'm just weird like that. :naughty:

Um...don't tell...but I have always wanted to see his hair pulled back into a pony tail. I'm just weird like that. :naughty:

after this I'm sure that would look so good on him :wub2:

Heee... it's not much of a secret... though I never understood why. No offense, and you know I love ya, but ponytails on men look sleazy as heck to me. Now, all right, some guys work well with a sleazy look, but Mika?

Oh, et merci, Cassiopee! :blush-anim-cl: Viens bavarder sur Gabbly; j'y parle (ecris) souvent en francais!

--Jack

THANKS for translating it cath! know it took you a lot of time and i really appreciate it! love this interview, especially the part in which he says that olympia belonged to him for that night. :wub2:

THANK YOU!