What does MIKA mean to you?

HollyD

ooo that padded room must be sooo luxurious!!!

i think we're already in an insane asylum guys. MFC is it.

well, @ least we will be/already are, crazy insane together!

I think MIKA is aware that he has the most amazing fans in the world. coz i mean, we are fans of pretty much the most amazing man/singer/songwriter/performer in the world. so its pretty logical and obvious.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a little taste of what I wrote MIKA in my relax letter... (MIKA if you are reading this particular thread.. STOP

:blush-anim-cl: )

From the very beginning, you were an intriguing stranger to me. Never in my life have I felt so compelled to love another human being as I love you. It hurts to think that I idolize someone who doesn’t even know I exist… who may very well put me in the category of “adoring fans,†when I am so much more than that. I have respect for you more than anything and I am proud of all you have accomplished.

It was amazing uniting with all of the fans in that first moment: the moment you made your grand entrance into the city. You walked on stage and the feeling that enveloped my senses was like nothing I have ever felt before. There I was, in the middle of everything, just trying to memorize you. Every smile, every crinkle of your nose was meant for my memory. Chicago couldn’t have welcomed you properly in that short amount of time. I cannot express to you how incandescently happy you made me that night.:blush-anim-cl:

100_0395-2.jpg

ooo that padded room must be sooo luxurious!!!

i think we're already in an insane asylum guys. MFC is it.

well, @ least we will be/already are, crazy insane together!

I think MIKA is aware that he has the most amazing fans in the world. coz i mean, we are fans of pretty much the most amazing man/singer/songwriter/performer in the world. so its pretty logical and obvious.

Mika is the GREATEST musician of our time!!!!! And he is a living legend!

This is the greatest asylum in all the world, surrounded by CRAZY fans everywhere! And we are all so HAPPY HAPPY! MIKA- spreadng LOVE and happiness to the world! :blush-anim-cl:

100_0395-2.jpg

OOOHHH... I have yet to see him live.... moreless meet him!!!!!

MY WORST FEAR..... by the time I get to see him live... he is gonna be WAY too famous to meet!:sad:

OOOHHH... I have yet to see him live.... moreless meet him!!!!!

MY WORST FEAR..... by the time I get to see him live... he is gonna be WAY too famous to meet!:sad:

Don't worry, he'll always make time for his fans :) He's just that type of person... and you will meet him... you're gonna fall in love with him ten times more too... because he's the sweetest guy imaginable:mf_lustslow:

Don't worry, he'll always make time for his fans :) He's just that type of person... and you will meet him... you're gonna fall in love with him ten times more too... because he's the sweetest guy imaginable:mf_lustslow:

Oh thanks for the positivity! I guess we can NEVER give up on our dreams! And, I cannot imagine that I could EVER love Mika any more than I do now. I suppose it is possible! :wink2:

I feel rejuvenated and more youthful,even though I'm only 25. I thought that from here on out my life was going to be this drab recycle of the same routine, over and over again until i died.

So yeah, as corny as is may sound Mika is that person that showed me that there are still many roads to choose in life and that whatever road i choose, just make it worth living.

YES YES YES! That's exactly, to a tee, how I feel. I'm only 22 but it seems like life pre-Mika was an endless cycle of get up, go to work, come home, eat dinner. Do laundry, pay bills, worry about interest rates. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Then this amazing technicolour marvel appeared in my life just when the monotony was starting to get pretty grinding. Mika is bright, he's smart, he's refreshing, he's vibrant. He's 23, which puts him smack-dab in the middle of the so-called "boomerang generation" - us generation of twenty-somethings who apparently fail to leave the parental nest and have nothing better to do than play World of Warcraft in our underwear in Mom's basement. Clearly, that's not Mika. And that's inspiring.

Mika is a breath of fresh air. Life In Cartoon Motion is probably the best album I've heard in over ten years. Then you see the interviews and you just want to harness his attitude, bottle it, and serve it at a local cafe. Please see Exhibit A - *points to quote in signature*.

The Mikaness is something that we can - and do - all seem to translate into whatever it is we need in life. He really is "anything we like". He's inspiring 15 year old girls Australia to not let themselves be tormented by bullies. He's inspiring 32 year-old women in the UK not to hate their bodies, and thereby themselves, simply because they carry a few more pounds than Kate Moss. And he's reminding 17 year old girls in the US (who already feel like there are no good fish left in the sea) that yes, some guys aren't total donkeys. And those aspects don't even touch on the music. That voice - those lyrics - the inflection, the emotion, the tonal quality. The specialness, the uniqueness, the raw talent that man posesses...it is quite simply, to use one of his oft-used words, brilliant.

</waxing poetic>

In my life MIKA is more than just a great inspiration.

Mika's music has completely touched my soul like no other, and brought so much happiness and hope back into my life again. I can be having the WORST day of my entire LIFE..... and then go and pop in Life in Cartoon Moiton, and almost instantaneously I am transformed into blissful happiness. Mika makes me extremely happy. How could anyone listen to Love Today or Lollipop and not smile?

And the good part is Life in Cartoon Motion has it ALL! *thanks for the variety MIKA* - seriously there are songs that can bring you out of the dumps and then there are songs that can make you cry when you need to get it all out. I LOVE THAT!

There was a tradgety in my family a month ago- and I listened to 'Any other world' for hours and just cried, beleive it or not but- I feltSO MUCH better just taking the time to let it all out.

MIKA is a treasure.

I don't think I need to add anything else, you said that so beautifully and I think you speak on behalf of all us commited Mika fanatics :biggrin2:

Mika means a lot to me, and not in a relationship sense and not entirely in a musical sense.

Around September/October last year i ended up tripping and falling into a balck whole of depression - and whenever i trip and fall i always do it with impecable style. There were alot of things in my life, things that had happened in the past, things i was dealing with at the time that i just couldnt keep locked away anymore, and they all came out at once. Its hard enough trying to deal with any one of the memories or feelings on their own, but after years of pushing back in my mind it all came out. I tried to commit suicide 4 times, almost succeeded twice if it wasnt for random unexpected factors.

The four attempts landed me in hospital to i could be kept an eye on and taken out of the senarios that were causing me so much greif.

It was in the hospital when i first heard about mika, his over confident and remarkabley cheery music put a smile back on my face, and i was out of hospital a few weeks later.

Everytime i have felt depressed since, felt like giving up, i just plug in my headphones and turn mica's music up so loud i go into a different zone.

At risk of sounding melodramatic and completely insane - mika saved my life, on more than one occasion.

The Mikaness is something that we can - and do - all seem to translate into whatever it is we need in life. He really is "anything we like". He's inspiring 15 year old girls Australia to not let themselves be tormented by bullies. He's inspiring 32 year-old women in the UK not to hate their bodies, and thereby themselves, simply because they carry a few more pounds than Kate Moss. And he's reminding 17 year old girls in the US (who already feel like there are no good fish left in the sea) that yes, some guys aren't total donkeys. And those aspects don't even touch on the music. That voice - those lyrics - the inflection, the emotion, the tonal quality. The specialness, the uniqueness, the raw talent that man posesses...it is quite simply, to use one of his oft-used words, brilliant.

SO SO SO TRUE! Those of us who 'get' Mika also 'get' each other!!!!! He is anything we like, and he is SO many things to all of us....each in their own interpretation. Being a Mika fan is so deep and layered! AGAIN- MIKA has the BEST fans in the world!.....and counting! MIKA'S visibility in America is becoming more and more apparent. Last week on So You Think You Can Dance....ALL of the folks that were going..'who is MIKA' well, now they know! And in 2 weeks Mika is going to be on Good Morning America!! YES, the visibility is there! F-I-N-A-L-L-Y! Everyone at my Law Firm KNOWS who Mika is....heck, EVERYONE who knows ME, KNOWS who MIKA is....even if they have never 'heard' him BELEIVE me they have SEEN him. And that BEAUTIFUL smile! :wub2:

I don't think I need to add anything else, you said that so beautifully and I think you speak on behalf of all us commited Mika fanatics :biggrin2:

THANKS! I love speaking on behalf of Mika fanatics, cause I feel it all the way to the depths of my soul!!!!!! :wub2:

Mika is my idol,my therapy ,my soul mate and my psychiatrist !!

and LICM is the best album in our days!

I agree! It seems that MIKA is everything to all of us, whatever we are in need of at the time.....there he is! LOL And Life in Cartoon Motion is a phenomenon! WHEN else has there E-V-E-R been an album, where EVERY single song was good? To my knowledge N-E-V-E-R! MIKA has achieved what all others seek! :thumb_yello:

Everytime i have felt depressed since, felt like giving up, i just plug in my headphones and turn mica's music up so loud i go into a different zone.

At risk of sounding melodramatic and completely insane - mika saved my life, on more than one occasion.

Wow, that was a VERY touching story! See the positivity that comes along with MIKA is unparellel! He is AMAZING and his music is healing. Remember- at desperate times, not only do you have MIKA, but you also have a whole slew of fellow MIKA fans, that would always be here for you; if you ever needed someone to talk to!!!!!! GOOD FOR YOU, and MANY thanks to MIKA for being MIKA! :punk:

I totally agree.:)

I always listen to Mika when I'm down.He makes everything better.:wub2:

Having the worst day of my LIFE, all I have to do is put on LICM and suddenly I am having the Best Day E-V-E-R!!!!!! I feel like Spongebob! :naughty:

Thank you for starting this thread!

I have been reading the forum for a long time, and never before has the posts made my cry. Untill now.

Thank's for charing your unic stories.

To me it's unbelivable that a person so young as Mika has the wisdom he has.

I'm really going to keep reading this thread.

Thank you for starting this thread!

I have been reading the forum for a long time, and never before has the posts made my cry. Untill now.

Thank's for charing your unic stories.

To me it's unbelivable that a person so young as Mika has the wisdom he has.

I'm really going to keep reading this thread.

rlly?you cried?in any other world makes me want to cry.

Any Other World makes me cry all the time...

Especially this video of him singing it. Maybe coz this was from my concert, sooo... idk? haha but, i cry everytime. I love when he smiles coz everyones singing along...i just melt...into tears...(???)

It touches me everytime...

*tear tear* :tears:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N0VF33NbEUE

♥♥♥♥

P.S.: I suggest you watch it in full screen. It gives you the full effect.

when im rlly depressed mika is like my psychiatrist,

when im sad mika makes me happy,

when im tired mika wakes me up,

when i feel like noone like the way i dress i know mika will,

when i feel like i have no real friends i know mika will always be my friend.

(i know puke,barf,huh?well its the truth!)

in other words mika is my obsession and light!

ur f***ing awesome mika!

Ur rite there.

I know that i was going through a tough part in my life last year. In october i went so bad that i went to depression. i were on tablets and phyciratry and stuff. at the beginning of the year My medication made me go ill and i was so messt up in my mind i went into severe anorexia. i was about to give up on life.

I asked God to help me out of this and he showed me Life in a cartoon motion. I put on Any other world and Big Girl( you are beautiful). Ever since then i feel that I can turn to Mika about all of my problems and he has a song on his album that would help me.

Mika always nos what would help me beel better.

When my Dyslexia is getting me down, Mika helps me out. I can see the songs he has made and it make me happier.

I dont know if you are there Mika but thankyou so much mate for being my rock over the past year. I just hope i can help you in some way. You give me the strength to live for another day. You are so brilliant.

Ur rite there.

I know that i was going through a tough part in my life last year. In october i went so bad that i went to depression. i were on tablets and phyciratry and stuff. at the beginning of the year My medication made me go ill and i was so messt up in my mind i went into severe anorexia. i was about to give up on life.

I asked God to help me out of this and he showed me Life in a cartoon motion. I put on Any other world and Big Girl( you are beautiful). Ever since then i feel that I can turn to Mika about all of my problems and he has a song on his album that would help me.

Mika always nos what would help me beel better.

When my Dyslexia is getting me down, Mika helps me out. I can see the songs he has made and it make me happier.

I dont know if you are there Mika but thankyou so much mate for being my rock over the past year. I just hope i can help you in some way. You give me the strength to live for another day. You are so brilliant.

yes....i have had tough times in my life around when i was 7....now im 12 but im still recovering.this year i also had a rlly tough time because my cats ran away(i know my cats....they are like my best friends though)when i lost them it was like losing a family member.i was hysterical.mika got me through it though.somehow his music always makes you happy....it makes you sorta forget all the bad things and realize the good.:biggrin2:

aww, this thread made you cry? thats so sweet. Its interesting to know that certain things that people take for granted to others are so personal

And i hope mika reads this one so that he knows that his music has developed so much that it is available to people and effects them on a much more exclusive and intimate degree in contrast of other 'chart-toppers'.

I think that is a predominant part of mica's success story, his ability to be relateable on all levels and ability to have both his heart and his optimism side by side and in the right place - on his sleeve.

What does MIKA mean to me? He's more than just a person...he's the very soul of music. He has great songs, and he writes them all himself. I find that remarkable. I've listened to why he did that, and he's trying to bring back that. And he deliberately tries to make each song different, which is hard to do when all you know how to do is play the piano.

MIKA means a lot to me. And I hope one day I can do something to repay him for all he means to me.

I've only known of Mika for such a short time. Just about two months now but he's meant more for me than ppl that who have "been around" for years.

My life have had its downhills until this year. When I started 6th grade all my so called friends shut me off and my teachers wanted me to change to the 5th grade just cuz I was one year younger then the others. But I was still one of the brightest student in the class. I moved to another school where everything was better but everything was still not great. In the middle of that both my grandmother and grandfather died. Finally I started "high school" which I LOVE now. Not the classes, but all the people, both students and even (some) teachers.

When I first heard Mika (quite late accutally) I emidiatly felt in love with his music. And everytime I hear Lollipop, Billy Brown or Love today I smile without noticeing it XD

But the song that means the most to me is Stuck in the Middle. It feels like it (almost) could have been written by me.

Mika has made me be proud over myself and made me belive that I can do EVERYTHING (for sure, I did know that before but now i belive it). If you just are yourself you will find people who love you for who you are and thats true, even if it will take some time. :thumb_yello: