new album?

rosedewitt

I wonder what the critics will make of an EP of six sad songs from Mika

SAD or ANGRY? That is confusing...Can someone tell me in which interview he said it, so that I can double-check?

haha i agree. but i have a feeling that the EP, if it will actually be released, will only be a limited edition.

I think if he didn't leave Instant Martyr for a limited edition, the EP won't be a limited edition...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SAD or ANGRY? That is confusing...Can someone tell me in which interview he said it, so that I can double-check?

i cant remember where he spoke about an EP, I think he may have said it on the radio?

I think if he didn't leave Instant Martyr for a limited edition, the EP won't be a limited edition...

I don't get what you said there at all LOL

Didn't he say he was halfway through writing the next album somewhere?

I like the sound of hm writing songs with more edge to them, hopefully he won't get compared to anyone else this time.

yeah he said on a french radio once that he has already written half of the song for his second album. he writes all the time actually but he says he has to throw most of it away because it's crap lol

haha i agree. but i have a feeling that the EP, if it will actually be released, will only be a limited edition.

gotta throw ourselves on it then!

Just to clarify ...

Mika had an exclusive interview with the Daily Mail , the 6 track EP , the new album etc etc was al in there

i will type up its never been posted on the MFC

It's NEVER been posted?? SUCH SCANDAL!!

If you could do that Fred that would be great, you're such a dear :)

and ofcourse, IF the EP was only limited I would travel far and wide to get my hands on it!!

I'm getting quite desperate for new Mika stuff. I still play LICM every day and it STILL gives me the shivers, but I want more!!!

But no rush for that 'difficult second album' as we want it to be great, not brought out too quickly for the sake of it, so Mika's rationale with the EP seems to be wise.

I'm getting quite desperate for new Mika stuff. I still play LICM every day and it STILL gives me the shivers, but I want more!!!

But no rush for that 'difficult second album' as we want it to be great, not brought out too quickly for the sake of it, so Mika's rationale with the EP seems to be wise.

Yop described the EP as "giving the dog a bone" LOL

:naughty: I was just going to make a quip on this, but I will restrain myself.........

lol! so long as you explain it in a discussional way (lol i know, no such word) instead of argumentative with logical side view points i dont see why you can't express yourself :)

we all mature people here on this thread! :D

It's NEVER been posted?? SUCH SCANDAL!!

If you could do that Fred that would be great, you're such a dear :)

and ofcourse, IF the EP was only limited I would travel far and wide to get my hands on it!!

The article states :

"Mika will produce a 6 track EP to be released soon , to satisfy the fans while he takes time out to produce his second album"

SORRY : I will write it up and post :thumb_yello:

Just to clarify ...

Mika had an exclusive interview with the Daily Mail , the 6 track EP , the new album etc etc was al in there

i will type up its never been posted on the MFC

I'm shocked :shocked: lol why is that? the sexuality questions are always posted :naughty:

now I understand why I had never hear about it!

and thanks if you are going to post it :thumb_yello:

I think he said he takes a break at the end of the year, releases first the 6 tracks EP to make us wait patiently and then the album... To be expected not before 2nd half of 2008 in my opinion...

I think the same.

I don't get what you said there at all LOL

all right, let me clarify...

I didn't get why you wrote you believe it will be 'limited edition EP' only...:blink:

So, I supposed there can only be one reason, namely, that he wants to release songs that are rather personal or a bit controversial...which means those unreleased yet widely known songs that now number only 6..

To me, the most controversial song was the '7th', Instant Martyr, but because it has already been released, I don't see the point in a limited edition EP... (OK, perhaps I should take this back because 'L' might also leave you :shocked: )

There is nothing to say it will be limited edition .....

I hope it won't be...

Do you know where the angry / sad songs reference came from?

Also, there has to be some kind of a theme to / reasoning behind this release e.g. 1. demos 2., live songs 3., acoustic versions 4. Xmas songs.....hmm 5. angry songs :naughty: :naughty:

The article states :

"Mika will produce a 6 track EP to be released soon , to satisfy the fans while he takes time out to produce his second album"

SORRY : I will write it up and post :thumb_yello:

That's what i meant with my "give the dog a bone"... Even if i quite know i will be one of the dogs :naughty::biggrin2:

I don't think the EP will be weak, but i just think of the idea of "something to satisfy us while we're waiting" and i don't like it... I feel weird about it...

i personally would like to hear more "rock" sounding songs...Ring Ring was a bit rocky...and i know "sweet dreams" isnt his but his voice really suits it. It would be great to hear a different genre than happy hardcore lol :biggrin2:

yerrr..

I was thinking the same.

I absalulty love ring ring.

It's different to the other songs.

I really cant wait till his new album :D xxx

all right, let me clarify...

I didn't get why you wrote you believe it will be 'limited edition EP' only...:blink:

So, I supposed there can only be one reason, namely, that he wants to release songs that are rather personal or a bit controversial...which means those unreleased yet widely known songs that now number only 6..

To me, the most controversial song was the '7th', Instant Martyr, but because it has already been released, I don't see the point in a limited edition EP... (OK, perhaps I should take this back because 'L' might also leave you :shocked: )

There is nothing to say it will be limited edition .....

i never said it WAS going to be a limited edition, i just thought it was a possibility. The reason why is because...well actually it's hard to explain...

it's not something every musician does, I don't know any artist that has done it. It's not a single....It's not an album...it's an EP...and so because it's not your standard record...

like i said it's really hard to explain. Does anyone actually understand me? O.o

I really can't wait to hear the recorded version of Holy Johnny. I just wonder how it will sound! He needs a bridge for it or something, it's a bit short:mf_rosetinted: Get onto it Mika.

I suppose we'll have to wait for the second album for that.

i never said it WAS going to be a limited edition, i just thought it was a possibility. The reason why is because...well actually it's hard to explain...

it's not something every musician does, I don't know any artist that has done it. It's not a single....It's not an album...it's an EP...and so because it's not your standard record...

like i said it's really hard to explain. Does anyone actually understand me? O.o

The Cocteau Twins used to do it in the 80s (one of my fave bands), to great effect. Some of their best stuff was on EP, they used it as a bridge between albums too. It worked. That was in the days when EPs were 12-inch vinyls!

I'm excited. I just watched an interview yesterday (it was from a while ago but was uploaded onto Sou's YouTube account a few days ago) and Mika said that he had already begun working on it, and that the songs are a bit more angrier than usual. :D

I love angry. :mf_rosetinted:

The Cocteau Twins used to do it in the 80s (one of my fave bands), to great effect. Some of their best stuff was on EP, they used it as a bridge between albums too. It worked. That was in the days when EPs were 12-inch vinyls!

I hope it works for Mika! However if it hasn't been done since the 80's some people might not "get it"...you know...they won't really understand the idea behind it all...

I hope it works for Mika! However if it hasn't been done since the 80's some people might not "get it"...you know...they won't really understand the idea behind it all...

I hadn't thought of it like that. I hadn't considered that younger people might not even know what EP stands for, or what they were in the days of vinyl. I kind of see your apprehension now! It is a bit of a throwback for Mika to do this. Typical Mika really:naughty:

I hadn't thought of it like that. I hadn't considered that younger people might not even know what EP stands for, or what they were in the days of vinyl. I kind of see your apprehension now! It is a bit of a throwback for Mika to do this. Typical Mika really:naughty:

But Mika has kinda in a way, brought in a new age. I never knew other artists did this before Mika. I thought Mika made it up! But look - I've discovered something new. Other hardcore Mika fans will have surely found out about it and no doubt will the word spread (at least, I hope so)

Let's face it, I'm not the only one to have learned about this EP. I hope this really works.