Your Sympathy/Overrated/You Made Me/Erase etc.

Zika

I think the EP is expected at the end of the year, the time for him to prepare the next album and "make us wait"... I don't like the idea : it's like "Give the dog a bone"... But i don't know which songs will be on the EP.

Instant Martyr (former demo unreleased, now B side for Big Girl single so we can talk about it) is already out. Would they make it on the EP "too" ?

I quite like the idea personally...for selfish reasons (I know, shame on me) because it's songs that I can get hold of a) legally and b) because of Mika's obvious consent, whether I've already heard the songs or not.

As for:

"They don't keep on release the demos we're talking about as B-sides, they only did that for Instant Martyr, and i don't expect "a lot" of singles out of LICM anymore for all the demos to be B-sides... But they could be on the EP like Caz said. And they could also be on the next album..."

what about the demo/acoustic version of "Billy Brown" on the Love Today single? That's a demo too, we just never knew about it at the time because it was not leaked like the others. Who knows what other demo's he may put on a B-side? He might not put any others on there. He was shifty about whether to put Instant Martyr on Big Girl, he said he wasn't sure on an Australian interview seen on YouTube.

I doubt the other more personal heart rendering demo's will be a B-Side though. They seem *too* personal. Will they be on the EP? Maybe. But obviously we have not heard every song Mika has produced. The only thing we can do is wait and see...or speculate constantly and go bonkers.

EDIT: The Only Lonely One was a demo too :naughty:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite like the idea personally...for selfish reasons (I know, shame on me) because it's songs that I can get hold of a) legally and b) because of Mika's obvious consent, whether I've already heard the songs or not.

As for:

"They don't keep on release the demos we're talking about as B-sides, they only did that for Instant Martyr, and i don't expect "a lot" of singles out of LICM anymore for all the demos to be B-sides... But they could be on the EP like Caz said. And they could also be on the next album..."

what about the demo/acoustic version of "Billy Brown" on the Love Today single? That's a demo too, we just never knew about it at the time because it was not leaked like the others. Who knows what other demo's he may put on a B-side? He might not put any others on there. He was shifty about whether to put Instant Martyr on Big Girl, he said he wasn't sure on an Australian interview seen on YouTube.

I doubt the other more personal heart rendering demo's will be a B-Side though. They seem *too* personal. Will they be on the EP? Maybe. But obviously we have not heard every song Mika has produced. The only thing we can do is wait and see...or speculate constantly and go bonkers.

I don't think that the acoustic version of Billy Brown on the LT single is a demo in the sense we talk about since the beginning, i think it's an acoustic version (hence the name :biggrin2: ). Meaning it's only piano-voice, but it's still polished. More than the real demo of Billy Brown that was leaked with the others :wink2:

EDIT : true about The Only Lonely One being a demo, but this one was never leaked with the others... Weird... Where had he hidden it ?!

Anyway : from the moment you record it to put it on a CD that will be publically released, it's not a demo anymore, since it's produced by a producer... Polished.

I don't think that the acoustic version of Billy Brown on the LT single is a demo in the sense we talk about since the beginning, i think it's an acoustic version (hence the name :biggrin2: ). Meaning it's only piano-voice, but it's still polished. More than the real demo of Billy Brown that was leaked with the others :wink2:

Yeah I get what you mean...but I swear it says "demo" next to it on the CD?? Or maybe I'm getting confused with T-O-L-O. ARGH my head hurts >_<"

Yeah I get what you mean...but I swear it says "demo" next to it on the CD?? Or maybe I'm getting confused with T-O-L-O. ARGH my head hurts >_<"

:naughty: I have no answer to your question... Maybe they don't even know what a demo is !! :biggrin2:

I haven't listend to the Billy Brown "demo/acoustic" version on the LT single to be honest... I may and reply later... "Later" not as in "later tonight" :bleh:

I know my wife. :mf_rosetinted:

I agree with you that marketing considerations are why he wants to keep the demos under wraps, but I think it's only partly that--I think it may be the record company more than him that's really interested in profiting from releasing them later. I don't think he would put them on his second album: they'd be several years old by then, and I think he'd prefer to write new material.

I do love the demos though (I like so many more of his songs than you do, Yop! Bad kittyfan!), so I would love it if he put them all on some kind of bonus CD and released them. I mean re-recorded, polished versions by the way. I wouldn't buy them off iTunes if he released them now "as-is," since I have them all already... though unlike Christine, if he put them on CD even unfinished, as long as there was cover art, I'd buy it. If they were polished up into new versions and there was cover art, well, I'd run to the stores.

--Jack

I'd buy 3 copies. At least. :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty: I have no answer to your question... Maybe they don't even know what a demo is !! :biggrin2:

I haven't listend to the Billy Brown "demo/acoustic" version on the LT single to be honest... I may and reply later... "Later" not as in "later tonight" :bleh:

why have u not listened to it? you nutcase. I adore it - he laughs in it somewhere lol xDDD

why have u not listened to it? you nutcase. I adore it - he laughs in it somewhere lol xDDD

Cause i listen to LT then The Only Lonely One... Since i usually already heard the whole album just before... Actually, i just bought the single to have TOLO... And i quite like LT so i don't mind listening to it again waiting for TOLO but BB being after TOLO, i stop the CD before :mf_rosetinted:

Oh and i also had Kata to buy LT single to have it signed by him saying (writing it down) he wasn't afraid of me... Back in May...

Hey, even *I* dance when Sivan says *does the Mika dance*!

:naughty:

dcdeb

LOL! i need to teach everyone the mika dance...! it will be the official MFC dance! :naughty:

Cause i listen to LT then The Only Lonely One... Since i usually already heard the whole album just before... Actually, i just bought the single to have TOLO... And i quite like LT so i don't mind listening to it again waiting for TOLO but BB being after TOLO, i stop the CD before :mf_rosetinted:

Oh and i also had Kata to buy LT single to have it signed by him saying (writing it down) he wasn't afraid of me... Back in May...

lmao nice one! I also only buy the singles to listen to the songs ive never heard before. okay, i listened to Instant Martyr before the single came out, but at least now i can listen to it in my room knowing that Mika has practically said I'm allowed to :mf_rosetinted:

look this is ridiculous

i'm sorry for mentioning these 'demos', as far as i'm concerned they are just songs i like and i was unaware of any secrecy regarding them. as CazGirl puts it, i am a 'newbie'

but that's not the point. i have no intention of sharing the songs with anyone, and someone has now given me a link to where i can download them (privately)

that's all i wanted, okay?

i don't want to cause some big argument! :shocked:

argument is probably not a great word. i meant that many people seem annoyed that i mentioned the demos. i was just saying i'm sorry, leave it now, y'know

Nooooooooo... We don't talk about the non-released demos, we're talking about those that were B-sides of singles so everything is ok ! Don't worry, people keep on posting the same comments about the 1st post just because they don't read what's in between the first post and what they want to say... So you will always see angry comments about the first post even if people are talking about something totally different at the moment ! :naughty: :naughty: It's just the way it is... They don't read the pages before posting their reply... And that's for EVERY THREADS here :biggrin2::bleh:

lol its okay

what extra songs are on the singles anyway? i'm looking on ebay right now (trying to find track listings for Love Today/Grace Kelly/Big Girl but it won't tell me

lol its okay

what extra songs are on the singles anyway? i'm looking on ebay right now (trying to find track listings for Love Today/Grace Kelly/Big Girl but it won't tell me

I'll be nice and move my a*s to tell you that...

Be right back

Grace Kelly :

1) Grace Kelly

2) Grace Kelly Linus Love Remix (radio edit)

3) Over my shoulder

Love Today :

1) Love Today

2) The Only Lonely One (demo)

3) Billy Brown (accoustic) (btw Caz, i have "accoustic" on my version, not "demo)

4) Love Today (Switch Remix)

Big Girl :

1) Big Girl You Are Beautiful

2) Instant Martyr

that's all i know for BG single cause i don't have it yet :biggrin2:

lol sorry you got the wrong impression Zika. Yop is right, our discussion is after all a discussion, and a discussion that is moved on.

as for whats on the singles, i THINK it's:

Grace Kelly:

1) Grace Kelly

2) Grace Kelly Remix

3) Over My Shoulder

Love Today:

1) Love Today

3) Billy Brown (acoustic)

4) Love Today remix

Big Girl (You Are Beautiful):

1) Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)

2) Instant Martyr

3) Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) (Recorded in Hong Kong)

4) Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) Remix

Grace Kelly :

1) Grace Kelly

2) Grace Kelly Linus Love Remix (radio edit)

3) Over my shoulder

Love Today :

1) Love Today

3) Billy Brown (accoustic) (btw Caz, i have "accoustic" on my version, not "demo)

4) Love Today (Switch Remix)

Big Girl :

1) Big Girl You Are Beautiful

2) Instant Martyr

that's all i know for BG single cause i don't have it yet :biggrin2:

i think that on big girl singol there is "SWEET DREAMS" cover!!!:naughty:

I didn't know the The Only Lonely One was released properly lol

but thanks anyway

i tried to buy the BG single today

but they don't sell it in WH Smith or Virgin

how stupid

I didn't know the The Only Lonely One was released properly lol

but thanks anyway

i tried to buy the BG single today

but they don't sell it in WH Smith or Virgin

how stupid

I had trouble buying it myself. For two days straight I couldnt buy it in Woolworths, and they only sell albums in Choices and Sainsbury's (I live on some crappy island, see, our shops are limited) so I travelled 50 minutes away to get Mika's blasted single (he better bloody appreciate that!) but ofcourse i bought other bits and bobs too. I got it from Virgin, but plenty of other people got it from HMV.