Too-Rye-Ay - The '80s

Suzy

For those who visit Glasgow from time to time: I really enjoyed this place when I was there last year November! :punk:

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3772695663

Can you imagine a bunch of girls (and Freddie) in their 30's on the dancefloor, dancing like loonies to Queen, Duran Duran etc. etc. ? :roftl:

This bar is even mentioned in the Glasgow Wiki: http://glasgow.openguide.co.uk/wiki/Reflex

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have that on 12" :punk:

I lurve that song :wink2:

LOL... :roftl:

I have my laptop on random and out of the thousands of songs on it - it's just come on with this... 12" version

:thumb_yello:

I think my computer knows what I type... cos' it does this often :blink:

Born in the late 60s or early 70s? Then the '80s is surely a decade that influenced you. You may even remember a little bit if you were born in the early 80s...

- Come On Eileen (Dexy Midnight Runners) i love that song

- Tide is High (Blondie) this one too

- Red, Red Wine (UB40) dont know this one

...these were only some of my favourit songs from the 80s.

There was Live Aid, Band Aid, and USA for Africa. Other artists who made their mark in this decade were Michael Jackson, Prince, Madonna, Whitney Houston, Cyndi Lauper, Bowie, Wham, Rick Springfield, and the Eurythmics just to name a few.

My favourite show was FAME, but other popular shows were the Cosby Show, Different Strokes, Fantasy Island and the Love Boat.

I enjoyed the movies Flashdance and E.T. the Extra Terrestrial, Sixteen Candles and the Breakfast Club. Breakdancing was popular too!

Tell me what you remember?

How did the 80s impact you (besides MIKA being born...)? :wink2:

haha - i know most of this stuff and i was born in 93!!!! haha

Being born on the last day of '66 I remember almost everything mentioned! :shocked::roftl:

Wham, Bruce Springsteen (Born in the USA-tour, :punk:), Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Michael Jackson, Live Aid, could go on for hours. Dutch band: Doe Maar. You just had to wear fluorescent pink and green if you were a fan.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=RXWdQGtl6qs

Leg warmers, broad shoulders, a perm, leggings, been there done that. Fame, Flashdance, Kevin Bacon, watching the A-team with my brother.

Mass demonstrations agains nuclear weapons, remember Hollanditis?

opland.jpg

And ofcourse I'll never forget losing my virginity :naughty:

Hihihi. Hope deb loves them and won´t kill me this time...

It´s the long version :bleh:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gCWyYOOS8FQ

The wild boys eh!!!:punk:

Oh yes i remember when that one came out so well, i was a massive Duranie!!

Nick Rhodes in those days was my :wub2:, he's too old now tho, i need younger flesh .....

like our :kaf::naughty:

Dutch band: Doe Maar. You just had to wear fluorescent pink and green if you were a fan.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=RXWdQGtl6qs

I'm going to see them soon! Reunion tour, 10 & 12 July in Rotterdam - I'll be there on the 12th! :punk:

I was too young for the actual hype and fandom, I was only 10 when they split up. But some of my classmates had older sisters who were fans, and I knew the lyrics to a lot of their songs (to my mum's annoyance - she thought lyrics like Nederwiet and Belle Hélène were not really eh... 'pedagogisch verantwoord' :naughty:)

I'm going to see them soon! Reunion tour, 10 & 12 July in Rotterdam - I'll be there on the 12th! :punk:

I was too young for the actual hype and fandom, I was only 10 when they split up. But some of my classmates had older sisters who were fans, and I knew the lyrics to a lot of their songs (to my mum's annoyance - she thought lyrics like Nederwiet and Belle Hélène were not really eh... 'pedagogisch verantwoord' :naughty:)

That's great! I'm still in France myself then (stupid holidays, missing Mika in Amsterdam and missing Doe Maar) :thumbdown:

Duran Duran did some good songs :thumb_yello:

Does anyone else like Dalek I (Love You)? My dad has their long out-of-print album Compass Kumpas on LP, and he ripped it to MP3 and now I listen to it all the time :biggrin2: It's really quite a random album, but I think that only adds to its enjoyment factor.

Also, I don't know if I've already mentioned him earlier on in this thread (would've been a long time ago, and my memory is baaad), but...

!! :biggrin2:

I always had a thing for John Taylor...:wub2:

Yes, funny that i started as a JT fan and then moved on to Nick!!:naughty:

Duran Duran did some good songs :thumb_yello:

Does anyone else like Dalek I (Love You)? My dad has their long out-of-print album Compass Kumpas on LP, and he ripped it to MP3 and now I listen to it all the time :biggrin2: It's really quite a random album, but I think that only adds to its enjoyment factor.

Hi, don't think i do know this one!:blush-anim-cl:

JT!!! He was mine. Started learning bass because of him.

Imagine if there was the internet with this sort of fan club at the time of their success, I would gone INSANE!:insane:

*John Taylor Duran Duran

Yes, funny that i started as a JT fan and then moved on to Nick!!:naughty:

More for me then!! :bleh:

JT!!! He was mine. Started learning bass because of him.

Imagine if there was the internet with this sort of fan club at the time of their success, I would gone INSANE!:insane:

*John Taylor Duran Duran

Actually, i have a thing for bass players...Even i dated a few :wub2:

JTT Home improvement!

(My sister loves him also)

We should create a fanclub right now :naughty:

Born in the late 60s or early 70s? Then the '80s is surely a decade that influenced you. You may even remember a little bit if you were born in the early 80s...

- Come On Eileen (Dexy Midnight Runners)

- Tide is High (Blondie)

- Red, Red Wine (UB40)

:wink2:

well I wasn't born then, but I love that music from 70's 60's 80's ... well I love

come on eileen

rasberry beret

I like Chicago

and some others, but that music besides MIKA, is the best I've heard!!

:biggrin2::wink2: