August 10th Quebec Cancelled

dcdeb

Oh my God. My eyes are literally welling up right now. Shanicka, Marie, I am SO so so so so so sorry! If I could fly to where you are right now and give you the biggest hug on the planet I would. :(:tears:

Seriously, I feel like crying.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with that. I just feel SO bad for the Canadian Fans, and all who were going! Who the heck makes a judgement on what is more important than another, it is just WRONG all the way around! :thumbdown:

Well to be fair the GMA thing was already announced when we heard about the Montréal show. It never made any sense that he was going to do another show that day. It seemed crazy to me and I'm not surprised that it was cancelled.

I also have to wonder if some of these f*ckups are due to overzealousness by concert promoters (especially in this case) and that they don't have a binding commitment from Mika when they announce him on their bill. We *never* heard any announcement from Mika's camp relating to this show, either officially or through word of mouth. People asked him in Boston if he was coming back to Canada and he only said he would try.

Oh my God. My eyes are literally welling up right now. Shanicka, Marie, I am SO so so so so so sorry! If I could fly to where you are right now and give you the biggest hug on the planet I would. :(:tears:

Seriously, I feel like crying.

aww Hannah <3

Oh guys i feel equally as sorry for you fans as i do for the man himself.

I do believe he is having problems with his ear infection, and he probably wants to cancel everything but record company/management won't let him. So what is the boy to do? You can see from a management's perspective that they can't cancel everything so they are scrapping what they deem 'unimportant' (i think this is ridiculously unfair, but sadly how the music industry works - they are fickle people). At least they are not making him do everything through his illness.

+ it's hard for people to know whether to contribute to the relax take it easy card or be angry that he's cancelling! each one contradicts each other.

i hope you understand where i'm coming from.

thank you so much Hannah...

I feel like crying.

I feel like he books tons of shows and then decides which one he'll cancel.

"this one. ermm and this one. oh and this one too"

:shocked:

I know it's bad. I hope it's his management that decides all of that.

and not Mika.

thank you so much Hannah...

I feel like crying.

and not Mika.

im rlly srry mika owns me! i know it is absolutly terrible this happened!im sure he'll come back though!stay positive even though you dont feel that way!:wink2::thumb_yello:

and not Mika.

I work in the music industry and let me tell you hardly anything is actually up to the artist. these gigs will have been booked without him even knowing - you can see from management point of view that they have to do everything they can to get his career off the ground (although from here it seems sky high!). If he does have ear problems (which i whole heartedly believe he does) they will not let him cancel everything so they just leave in what they think is 'important' - not fair to the fans at all but they don't think like that. They think about exposure and money sadly. it won't be mika's doing at all.

I work in the music industry and let me tell you hardly anything is actually up to the artist. these gigs will have been booked without him even knowing - you can see from management point of view that they have to do everything they can to get his career off the ground (although from here it seems sky high!). If he does have ear problems (which i whole heartedly believe he does) they will not let him cancel everything so they just leave in what they think is 'important' - not fair to the fans at all but they don't think like that. They think about exposure and money sadly. it won't be mika's doing at all.

i agree!poor mika!

Oh guys i feel equally as sorry for you fans as i do for the man himself.

I do believe he is having problems with his ear infection, and he probably wants to cancel everything but record company/management won't let him. So what is the boy to do? You can see from a management's perspective that they can't cancel everything so they are scrapping what they deem 'unimportant' (i think this is ridiculously unfair, but sadly how the music industry works - they are fickle people). At least they are not making him do everything through his illness.

+ it's hard for people to know whether to contribute to the relax take it easy card or be angry that he's cancelling! each one contradicts each other.

i hope you understand where i'm coming from.

but hopefully, with my RELAX! card (im setting high hopes here...) his management will understand how damaging it is to the fans. While a fans happiness is important, it's just as important as the artists' happiness. Unfortunately however one must pay the price and then eventually no-one is happy at all.

Is ironic the right word?

I understand completely...

They just don't think about how sad we can all be...

I believe he signed the deal :mf_rosetinted:

that is probably possible....as i have poasted earlier this sounds bad but mika might not even be sick....he might of cancelled for other reasons but uses that he is sick as an exuse...a lot of ppl do that...:blink::mf_rosetinted:

that happened to me in a way:thumbdown:

my parents agreed to take me and a friend to the miami concert, so we planned it all out. we had the hotel reservations, and expenses planned out.

my friend had permission from her parents and she got her part of the money.

then my dad realized he had to work, but we could still go with my mom if we found a car.

we almost had it, then my dad decided he wouldnt let us go cause it was too dangerous:shocked:

i flipped out:thumbdown:

I can imagine! I was flipping out myself that night! Should have called me, I would have come and got yall! :wink2:

well, as someone else on the MFC said in another thread, it's impossible to fly with an ear infection. I can't remember why exactly but it's damaging. I know that much. You're right, it's not an illness as such (i.e flu) but it's still a problem that gets in the way. Like I said I've no idea how he managed to get to Japan...white lie? Maybe...but he did say so himself that his ears were "killing him".

Sigh. Such unnecessary mystery.

Yeah, when he cancelled the RIX FM festival in Sweden in May, they said he was prohibited by doctors to fly.

August 10th 2007. The most ridiculous date of all! 3 gigs booked, now 2 cancelled. I was kind of expecting this one to be cancelled too though..

But I'm not going to comment further on what I think about all this canceling. I'm too confused and full of mixed emotions. :boxed:

that is probably possible....as i have poasted earlier this sounds bad but mika might not even be sick....he might of cancelled for other reasons but uses that he is sick as an exuse...a lot of ppl do that...:blink::mf_rosetinted:

Well I've come to a point where I don't care why he does it, he just has to quit doing it! NOW! :badmood:

Well to be fair the GMA thing was already announced when we heard about the Montréal show. It never made any sense that he was going to do another show that day. It seemed crazy to me and I'm not surprised that it was cancelled.

I also have to wonder if some of these f*ckups are due to overzealousness by concert promoters (especially in this case) and that they don't have a binding commitment from Mika when they announce him on their bill. We *never* heard any announcement from Mika's camp relating to this show, either officially or through word of mouth. People asked him in Boston if he was coming back to Canada and he only said he would try.

No matter whose faught it is it is a travisty to the fans....

that put so much into this, and have been looking forward to it!

I feel SO BAD!!!!!!! I wonder is Mika realizes hoe CRUSHED everyone is????

Yeah, when he cancelled the RIX FM festival in Sweden in May, they said he was prohibited by doctors to fly.

August 10th 2007. The most ridiculous date of all! 3 gigs booked, now 2 cancelled. I was kind of expecting this one to be cancelled too though..

But I'm not going to comment further on what I think about all this canceling. I'm too confused and full of mixed emotions. :boxed:

me too!even though none of this effects me im still pretty p*ssed off!:mf_rosetinted: