August 10th Quebec Cancelled

dcdeb

I think Christine makes a good point--this was never officially announced by Mika's camp. So even though a lot of you are still (understandably!) angry and devastated, this cancellation at least is a bit less ridiculous than the others. It might have been the promoter's fault here, and not the Mika camp's.

CazGirl, no offense, but I think your Relax card, nice as it might be, will not change anything in the management. Mika is already aware of the fact that fans have been disappointed not to see him and that he's been pulling out of a lot of shows (Kata made sure of that), and his management is certainly aware of how many gigs have been cancelled. Whatever changes they will make or are planning to make in his future bookings have probably already been decided on based on that--or maybe there'll be no changes at all, sigh. Until Mika makes enough money to be able to run things on his own, he still has to defer to his management and his label on a lot of things.

As for him having an ear infection, I don't know what he said in Japan but he flew there for sure, and sick as he is, he'll certainly come to GMA and he won't be arriving in NY by boat... :mf_rosetinted:

--Jack

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to be the right place and the right time to post that :blink:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

HAHAHA!!

Such a funny Yoppost!

Classic

Sorry to the disappointed Canadadians, I am really sorry about this and I appreciate how you feel, but Yop's post just made me laugh so hard...

I do think that there may be a case of what someone (Christine?) mentioned above, where we don't really know if this gig was ever 'officially' confirmed by Camp Mika? (no double entendres about the word...)

In any case I can imagine how people feel, it's terrible

:thumbdown:

Sara.

CazGirl, no offense, but I think your Relax card, nice as it might be, will not change anything in the management. Mika is already aware of the fact that fans have been disappointed not to see him and that he's been pulling out of a lot of shows (Kata made sure of that), and his management is certainly aware of how many gigs have been cancelled. Whatever changes they will make or are planning to make in his future bookings have probably already been decided on based on that--or maybe there'll be no changes at all, sigh. Until Mika makes enough money to be able to run things on his own, he still has to defer to his management and his label on a lot of things.

--Jack

Oh I know. I'm definitely dreaming, I won't deny it, but it would be nice if it DID make a difference though :biggrin2:

and what did Kata do? O.o

Oh I know. I'm definitely dreaming, I won't deny it, but it would be nice if it DID make a difference though :biggrin2:

and what did Kata do? O.o

She asked him to sign her Nibe wristband and asked him about cancelling festivals then playing secret gigs in between.

Guys, how many times will we have to say it ?

- He won't cancel GMA even if he's about to die, he'd rather jump on a broken leg, etc. etc.

No way he'll cancel GMA. No way.

I'd list all the reasons but in a nutshell : it's America, national television, live, in front of thousands,

He won't cancel because GMA is going to be good publicity for him.

EXACTLY :cool:

They are on the same day??::

Well then it's definitely a case of schedule-restructuring, not illness! Poor Canadian fans

At first, he had 3 gigs scheduled on the 10th of August. He was supposed to come to Way Out West festival in Sweden too. But after Mika's management realized that he wasn't superman and could neither fly in superspeed from country to country, or clone himself, they cancelled the one in Sweden. But atleast we got more than a couple of weeks notice, how very sweet of them. :mf_rosetinted:

I really hate the fact that they only cancel gigs in "smaller" and, what seems to be considered, unimportant countries. They're only thinking of his career and fame of course, but I still don't like it one bit. :thumbdown:

And I don't get how they could be so stupid to book such a ridiculous amount of gigs in the first place! You would think they would be able to foresee this outcome..! I guess they really thought he was superman.. Or they were only focusing on the dollar signs and ignored the little common sense they have. :mf_rosetinted:

I don't know how much control Mika has over his schedule. If he has some, unfortunately he doesn't seem to know his own human limits.

Either way.. MIKA'S MANAGEMENT IS CRAP!!

me too!even though none of this effects me im still pretty p*ssed off!

:cool:

At first, he had 3 gigs scheduled on the 10th of August. He was supposed to come to Way Out West festival in Sweden too. But after Mika's management realized that he wasn't superman and could neither fly in superspeed from country to country, or clone himself, they cancelled the one in Sweden. But atleast we got more than a couple of weeks notice, how very sweet of them. :mf_rosetinted:

I don't know how much control Mika has over his schedule. If he has some, unfortunately he doesn't seem to know his own human limits.

ROFL :lmao:

SHE DID!?! I've never heard of this until now!! And what did he say?

i never knew either!!

She did, at Somerset House. He wasn't very amused, but best ask her for the correct answer.:wink2:

omg O.o the girl has guts LOL

EXACTLY :cool:

I really hate the fact that they only cancel gigs in "smaller" and, what seems to be considered, unimportant countries. They're only thinking of his career and fame of course, but I still don't like it one bit. :thumbdown:

And I don't get how they could be so stupid to book such a ridiculous amount of gigs in the first place! You would think they would be able to foresee this outcome..! I guess they really thought he was superman.. Or they were only focusing on the dollar signs and ignored the little common sense they have. :mf_rosetinted:

:cool:

Ok- so if the general consensus is that Mika's management is cr@p, then I have a message for Mika:

HIRE ME INSTEAD!!

I can guarantee that I will do the job 100 times better, and charging FAR less!!

There would be no more disappointments, bad press, etc, etc, etc!

:roftl: :roftl:

omg O.o the girl has guts LOL

I think Kata has a very strong sense of what she thinks is right and wrong and has the courage of her convictions. She's a very straight up kind of girl!

I like Kata :cool:

Ok- so if the general consensus is that Mika's management is cr@p, then I have a message for Mika:

HIRE ME INSTEAD!!

I can guarantee that I will do the job 100 times better, and charging FAR less!!

There would be no more disappointments, bad press, etc, etc, etc!

:roftl: :roftl:

I think many has thought the same thing (including me)!! :naughty:

:blink: ohowkay :blink:

Yes, I asked him to sign my Nibe wristband, pointed out that he wasn't there and reminded him of the gig in Reading :blink: And yes, he didn't seem too amused, said the festival was cancelled for a good reason and that the gig in Reading was something different. He didn't point out HOW it was different though. But I guess I got the point through. I told him that it's not fair to the fans, that's kinda all I could do :boxed:

She asked him to sign her Nibe wristband and asked him about cancelling festivals then playing secret gigs in between.

OMG that's awesome.

He made a comment during the concert about making sure the show went on in spite of recent cancellations so he must have already been aware that people were not happy.

I actually do feel kind of bad about this whole situation because whether it was poor judgement or it's out of his hands and he's just trying to work through these important gigs while he feels like crap...whatever the situation he's not free to talk about it. He has got to feel lousy when he hears such negative feedback and there's really nothing he can do to mitigate the damage and try to reassure people.

Yes, I asked him to sign my Nibe wristband, pointed out that he wasn't there and reminded him of the gig in Reading :blink: And yes, he didn't seem too amused, said the festival was cancelled for a good reason and that the gig in Reading was something different. He didn't point out HOW it was different though. But I guess I got the point through. I told him that it's not fair to the fans, that's kinda all I could do :boxed:

At least they said they liked you while talking about you without you :naughty: :naughty:

Nobody ever said this about MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :crybaby:

(wait until i'm not there anymore to say it, ok ??)

You know that Yoppa? I don't like her much. :naughty:

I DO, I DO. She is very organised, I think they should make her mod in charge of the calendar, repeat threads and merging.

(she's my favourite) (true)(along with some others) :mf_rosetinted:

At least they said they liked you while talking about you without you :naughty: :naughty:

Nobody ever said this about MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :crybaby:

(wait until i'm not there anymore to say it, ok ??)

Yeah yeah I'll open a few We love Yop threads and a Yop's best feature poll tonight :naughty: Should I also do one for each of your body parts maybe? :mf_rosetinted:

Like Caz said, you've got guts. :cool:

He got the same "attention" at Birmingham I do believe ....