Happy Ending next single according to Billboard

Christine

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love 'Happy Ending'! It's amazing. If the information is true, the song will top the charts very quickly, I'm sure. But it's so heartbreaking! It made me cry the first time I heard it. It was one of those musical shocks you get when you listen to an amazing -though sad- song.

I may be the only one not excited... I don't think ballads do as well as poppy songs in the charts, and though it's definitely true that it would be good to have a single that's not disco-pop so as to avoid pigeonholing Mika, I wish he'd have released Stuck in the Middle....

--Jack

I may be the only one not excited... I don't think ballads do as well as poppy songs in the charts, and though it's definitely true that it would be good to have a single that's not disco-pop so as to avoid pigeonholing Mika, I wish he'd have released Stuck in the Middle....

--Jack

Not necessarily. Paolo Nutini and James Morrison have done better in the UK with ballads and Angels is Robbie Williams' biggest song by far.

You may be right though that Happy Ending is not the track that will cut it. Personally I'm not crazy about any of the ballads on LICM, but I don't like schmaltzy stuff like Angels either so it's hard to say what the public will buy. Especially people who haven't gone in for Mika's other stuff.

Not necessarily. Paolo Nutini and James Morrison have done better in the UK with ballads and Angels is Robbie Williams' biggest song by far.

You may be right though that Happy Ending is not the track that will cut it. Personally I'm not crazy about any of the ballads on LICM, but I don't like schmaltzy stuff like Angels either so it's hard to say what the public will buy. Especially people who haven't gone in for Mika's other stuff.

Well I think he'd make a great success with that song. All the people I'm talk to and who know Mika, agree that HE is a marvellous song so I think it'd be quite a hit, actually.

I'm very picky when it comes to ballads and I don't like many of them, but there are some that just make you love them immediately and HE is one of them.

--Jack

OMG Jack! We finally agree on something! :naughty:

To add to that, I do think it would be wise to showcase his piano work more. It might help him reach a wider audience, especially those who may not be into dance-pop. Also, it would help get the point across that Mika is a gifted songwriter and musician.

(Ok, that's enough gushing from me today.)

I would have preferred Stuck in the Middle - it is my favourite song on LiCM, from the first time that I heard the entire album. But I must say that Happy Ending makes a good runner-up.

Funny, because yesterday I was just thinking about changing preferences for songs. For me it is Relax and Happy Ending at the moment. I keep skipping the other songs, except for a Stuck in the Middle moment every now and then because it is still my favourite song on LiCM. The funny thing is that I haven't noticed for months the beauty of Happy Ending. And it makes a terrific song to sing along with (especially in my car). :biggrin2:

I would have preferred Stuck in the Middle - it is my favourite song on LiCM, from the first time that I heard the entire album. But I must say that Happy Ending makes a good runner-up.

Funny, because yesterday I was just thinking about changing preferences for songs. For me it is Relax and Happy Ending at the moment. I keep skipping the other songs, except for a Stuck in the Middle moment every now and then because it is still my favourite song on LiCM. The funny thing is that I haven't noticed for months the beauty of Happy Ending. And it makes a terrific song to sing along with (especially in my car). :biggrin2:

Relax, SITM and Happy Ending are also my current faves from the album (as well as GK which I can never ever tire of), any of these would be a great 4th single, they are all a break from the 'hyperactive disco pop' theme; I really believe Mika needs a break from this now single-wise. eg., I think Lollipop is a fab song but it would, in my opinion, be a big mistake to release it as a single.

Relax, SITM and Happy Ending are also my current faves from the album (as well as GK which I can never ever tire of), any of these would be a great 4th single, they are all a break from the 'hyperactive disco pop' theme; I really believe Mika needs a break from this now single-wise. eg., I think Lollipop is a fab song but it would, in my opinion, be a big mistake to release it as a single.

totally off topic... how do you make those siggys and avatars.. they're gorgeous:bleh:

Oh I love happy Ending too well I love them all so it's hard to choose but my vision of the video would be...

a nicely lit room with Mika at the piano and it shows the life story of a 40 something year old woman...(hmm wonder who that will be :wink2: ) it's quite a sad story as the lyrics suggest, but the woman is happy to divulge her saddest life secrets to Mika just so she can have him sing to her in the same room, just the 2 of them. I love it when a lyric is like one of your missing jigsaw pieces don't you?

I feel as if I feel as if I'm wastin'

And I'm wastin' everyday

Here's the interview where he says he may leave the love theme behind when he makes the video for happy ending.

question - isn't it his brother who does the background vocals on happy ending? I think so, but I've loaned my cd so can't check.

Here's the interview where he says he may leave the love theme behind when he makes the video for happy ending.

question - isn't it his brother who does the background vocals on happy ending? I think so, but I've loaned my cd so can't check.

it says the background vocals are MIKA and Ida Falk Winland? and Studio Gospel Choir :blink: i thought i heard MIKA's voice in the background but i was never sure:bleh:

by the way i LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your avatar!!!

From http://rock.discogs.com/release/900564 :

10a Happy Ending (4:30)

Arranged By [strings Arranged By] - Paul Buckmaster

Backing Vocals - Ida Falk , MIKA (8) , Studio Gospel Choir

Drums - Matt Chamberlain

Keyboards, Piano - MIKA (8)

Leader [Choir] - Maxi Anderson

Mixed By - Greg Wells

Producer - Greg Wells

Recorded By - Joe Chiccarelli

According to this website his brother did the backing vocals on Lollipop and Any Other World.

--Jack

I see why so many people want it to be released...Don't you think that at that point it will cause the same amount of "circles on the water" the "out" cover did....

so maybe there are some recording ppl considerations involved....US marketing and etc...

+ gospell-ish "Happy Ending" sounds the most "american" to me...

(+ Re SITM - really wonder about the choice of COVER ART! )

Oh I love happy Ending too well I love them all so it's hard to choose but my vision of the video would be...

a nicely lit room with Mika at the piano and it shows the life story of a 40 something year old woman...(hmm wonder who that will be :wink2: ) it's quite a sad story as the lyrics suggest, but the woman is happy to divulge her saddest life secrets to Mika just so she can have him sing to her in the same room, just the 2 of them. I love it when a lyric is like one of your missing jigsaw pieces don't you?

I feel as if I feel as if I'm wastin'

And I'm wastin' everyday

hahaha :D i quite like the idea actually!