Happy Ending next single according to Billboard

Christine

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont see the connection with happy ending's lyrics and homeless people though...am i being thick?

Mika's mind works differently, you know..

...and to me, it would also make sense...

I see why so many people want it to be released...Don't you think that at that point it will cause the same amount of "circles on the water" the "out" cover did....

so maybe there are some recording ppl considerations involved....US marketing and etc...

:blink:

I don't understand why it would be a controversial song. Can someone explain, please?

+ gospell-ish "Happy Ending" sounds the most "american" to me...

...I'd have to disagree... The most 'American' type of song ( if we consider the charts today) would be My Interpretation..

You don't get any gospel-like songs on the US charts nowadays, and especially not from white artists. It's either urban music or cheesy pop ballads.

I think people will love Happy Ending, with or without homeless people..... at least in Europe they will...

:blink: least favorite?!?!

i just have a quick question... is there going to be new artwork for it? or is there already artwork that i just haven't seen? :biggrin2:

i dont think theres artworkf or happy ending, but im sure he'll make some, i mean, why not:mf_rosetinted:

To be frank, Happy Ending isn't one of my favourites of Mika's. I didn't pay much attention to it until I watched his Liquid Room performance of it with his younger sister and heard the emotion in his voice - that made me sit up and really consider the meaning of the lyrics. I was in an emotional mood at the time so the song reached out to me. Otherwise, I would never have noticed it much.

It's a beautiful song but the the female chorus just doesn't feel right, it just doesn't feel like "Mika". I have the same feeling about some of the lyrics in My Interpretation. In my eyes those two songs don't seem to show his versatility, they seem to show another person's contribution. Songs that I think truly show his versatility are Over My Shoulder, Relax, Take It Easy (Acoustic) and Intoxicated: they're stylistically very different from his other works yet are unmistakably "Mika".

At the end of the day, Happy Ending is a ballad: it can either really work in his favour and be one of his best sellers or really flop and be the requisite trite ballad that most pop artists have in their repertoire. To be honest, I always thought Billy Brown would be the next single. It screams "single" to me. But perhaps the conservative Powers That Be didn't agree?

I hope it's true. It's time for him to release something slower, different, to show off his versatility.

I totally agree with you. I think Erase would be good. However, Stuck in the Middle shows off his versatility the most, in my opinion...piano, scat,... It would be good if he played SITM on GMA. I think that he'd win over the US with that song. However, in some areas of the country, he will never be embraced. What a shame.

• 2 weeks later...

*bump*

Mika has confirmed on his MySpace

17 Aug 2007 11:53

Subject: MIKA news...

Body: Hello, a little update on Mika news for you...

New Single Info

Mika's next single 'Happy Ending' will be released on CD and 7" on October 15th and will be available to download one week before that on October 8th.

‘Happy Ending’ is taken from MIKA’s debut album ‘Life In Cartoon Motion’ which has sold an incredible 700,000 copies so far, making MIKA officially the biggest new artist of 2007. ‘Life in Cartoon Motion’ is now the second biggest selling album of the year, just behind Amy Winehouse. The album has sold an additional 2 million copies around the world!