Big Chill Festival CANCELLED - August 3rd, 2007

Yoppappop

listen to yop!

life goes on! you have to make the best out of it! even if this sucks big time...

Yop who said what everybody said !! :roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

You kill me all thinking i'm sooooooooooooo wise :roftl: :roftl: ...

Not that i don't appreciate :mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel really sorry for all the poor people who planned to go (and have gone) to the fesetival to see Mika, and all the efforts put into the present, etc, etc, I really do and I understand how they must feel.

BUT I must add tht I also feel very sorry for Mika because I'm sure that

-he knows how disappointed (and angry, etc) people are because of these cancellations

-he must be the first one to feel angry and disappointed himself because he can't 'deliver'

He's said many times that he loves performing, and it's easy to see that when you see him on stage.

He's also very smart and he knows that this is his big break after all those years, so he would NEVER in a million years do anything (if he could avoid it) to jeopardize that...He knows what he wants and doing this sort of thing if it wasn't with a good reason would just be plain stupid, which we know he is not.

I am sure that he's devastated himself about this situation.

That is why I am convinced that he has some very good reasons to cancel,and all that I can hope at this stage is that he gets well and he gives himself all the rest that he needs.

The incredible stress that he's put his body under for the last year is showing now, and it's only natural.

After all, if I had had to do what he's been doing, I'd be dead already :boxed:

I hope it all goes well.

And of course lots of love to all the poor ones who were affected by these cancellations, I don't know what to say to them really.It's terrible.

Sara.

Great post Sariflor! I agree that this has got to be tough on Mika too. I really don't want to see all of this hurt Mika's career. He's worked so hard. He needs to take care of himself so he can continue to do what he's always dreamed of.

It's a terrible situation all around.

Oh wow. Geez. I'm so sorry for avoca and everyone else (but especially for avoca! She prepared so long for this!)

But I think this proves that Mika really is having health problems of some kind, maybe the very throat/ear infection (did it go from ear to throat? possible...) they keep talking about, or if not something else. I'm thinking it really is that, and he just gets medicated up on planes to make the "big" events, which of course only leaves him in worse shape afterward. As Christine pointed out somewhere else, he's obviously just cancelling everything now, except the select can't-be-missed shows. I doubt the sickness is quite as drastic as they tend to say (like his pneumonia, ha), but it probably does endanger his voice, and he cancels as many shows as he can to allow himself to rest up so as to be able to sing the can't-miss ones.

This is still quite a mess, because they do need to make an official announcement if it continues that way! But they won't...

I'm thinking he's going to try to carry along as best he can till August, and then he will rest in Sept. At this point I think the US tour may be postponed till later in the year to allow him a break, since no dates have yet been announced and it's getting to be rather the 11th hour. And if no September US dates are ever announced, let's please not whine about that!!!! That would make me relieved for his sake, personally.

Of course, I used to think that he'd muddle through the July cancellations and then take a real break in August, but they added more shows anyway... but maybe they thought that whatever it is he has would go away if he just got more down time in between gigs, and hopefully now they see that's not enough, and hopefully, hopefully they'll do something about it in Sept.

--Jack

Good points Jack.

I think Mika needs to stop adding dates and take a break NOW. Otherwise if he's not really ill yet, he may be very soon if he keeps doing like this: performing, canceling, performing, canceling etc. :sneaky2:

And of course he may lose fans...

Well, he did say he's consulting a doctor. But if it's an infection that's not ever being properly treated--ie, a couple weeks of straight rest, no events at all--then of course it just gets a bit better and then comes back again. It can't possibly be cured the way he's going, even with the cancellations--it can just be held at bay and prevented from getting worse.

--Jack

Warbling pop preener Mika has pulled out of today's Big Chill festival, citing a throat infection that could potentially ruin his career.

The star flew back from Japan last night and instantly cancelled the next week's worth of live dates, including this afternoon's Big Chill performance.

A festival source said: "He's in a bad way apparently. We've moved Richie Havens up from earlier to fill his slot and brought in a local act, Julia Palmer Price."

Julia, formerly a member of The Dinner Ladies, got the call first thing this morning. The singer lives in nearby Malvern and according to organisers she was only to happy to step in.

Mika's cancellation considered, the festival has started fantastically, despite one of the campsites being closed down due to flooding.

Of course, I used to think that he'd muddle through the July cancellations and then take a real break in August, but they added more shows anyway... but maybe they thought that whatever it is he has would go away if he just got more down time in between gigs, and hopefully now they see that's not enough, and hopefully, hopefully they'll do something about it in Sept.

--Jack

I think he's hit a wall and they don't have a choice. Unless he really gets back to 100% in the next couple of weeks they can't go ahead with a September tour. It will seriously jeopardize not only his health, but the dates he already has scheduled in Europe. It's better to postpone dates that haven't been announced yet than forfeit more shows in the future.

They made a mistake a few weeks ago gambling that he would be better by now, but hindsight is 20/20. It's become impossible to ignore now. I'm sure Mika doesn't want to dig himself in any deeper. This whole thing must be a nightmare for him, physically and emotionally.

Warbling pop preener Mika has pulled out of today's Big Chill festival, citing a throat infection that could potentially ruin his career.

The star flew back from Japan last night and instantly cancelled the next week's worth of live dates, including this afternoon's Big Chill performance.

A festival source said: "He's in a bad way apparently. We've moved Richie Havens up from earlier to fill his slot and brought in a local act, Julia Palmer Price."

Julia, formerly a member of The Dinner Ladies, got the call first thing this morning. The singer lives in nearby Malvern and according to organisers she was only to happy to step in.

Mika's cancellation considered, the festival has started fantastically, despite one of the campsites being closed down due to flooding.

it sounds really worrying but im sure he'll be okay.

Oh Mika Mad....you did so well not to cry in front of your children...I am sure that I would have. I do hope that you manage to salvage something out of the weekend.

Lots and lots of love...to you and all the other MFCers xxxxxxxxxxxxx

it sounds really worrying but im sure he'll be okay.

If he REALLY has a throat infection..how in the world preytell can he possibly perform next Friday in New York????? He is just going to end up damaging his voice and vocal cords in the long run, if he does not START taking care of himself N-O-W!!!!! I am so worried about him!

Big Chill - THROAT

Canada - EARS

at least they could say ENT and cover it all again :doh:

(Nibe - throat, then ears when questioned about secret gig, then pneumonia, then ears when questioned about Oxegen, but the medical statement said recovering from chest infection..)

Nope it doesn't add up, sorry :boxed:

Thats awful , where did you get the information from?

Big Chill - THOATH

Canada - EARS

(Nibe - throath, then ears when questioned about secret gig, then pneumonia, then ears when questioned about Oxegen, but the medical statement said recovering from chest infection..)

yep:mf_rosetinted: :mf_rosetinted: :mf_rosetinted:

i would still go and see mika even if his voice was messed up from the infection(hopefully he will recover)still i hope that doesnt happen.....just bad luck....rlly....rlly...bad luck....:boxed::mf_rosetinted:

Big Chill - THROAT

Canada - EARS

(Nibe - throat, then ears when questioned about secret gig, then pneumonia, then ears when questioned about Oxegen, but the medical statement said recovering from chest infection..)

yeah that pneumonia gossip was torture. i can remember everyone's panic it was awful, and everyone coming up with so many unanswered questions. it was so unnecessary.

yeah that pneumonia gossip was torture. i can remember everyone's panic it was awful, and everyone coming up with so many unanswered questions. it was so unnecessary.

And the same is about to happen all over again now! OMG will he be deaf now? Will he lose his voice forever? :blink:

I'm so sorry guys especially for Avoca who made a long way... So much time and money... and disappointment. I hope guys you make the most of this time all together at the festival though!

I think he's really sick (I mostly agree with Jack), but what's that PR non-professionnalism? Can't they have just an official written press communiqué, or a verbal press conference from his manager, like any other public person would deliver?