Big Chill Festival CANCELLED - August 3rd, 2007

Yoppappop

I'm so sorry guys especially for Avoca who made a long way... So much time and money... and disappointment. I hope guys you make the most of this time all together at the festival though!

I think he's really sick (I mostly agree with Jack)' date=' but what's that PR non-professionnalism? Can't they have just an official written press communiqué, or a verbal press conference from his manager, like any other public person would deliver?[/quote']

Agree , a statement of what is going on is needed

I did ask Jerry today to clarify the situation , I hope next week we can have more info :thumb_yello:

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And the same is about to happen all over again now! OMG will he be deaf now? Will he lose his voice forever? :blink:

lmao xDDD

pnuemonia was worse though.

"OMG MIKA MIGHT DIE!!!"

:boxed:

he still could. he could drop dead right now. but because he has an illness people think it's more worrying...and it isnt really.

EDIT: Kata your post also reminds of something a narrator would say xDD

"will he be deaf now? Will he lose his voice forever? Tune in the next time Mika has a festival, or when he cancels yet again!"

Agree , a statement of what is going on is needed

After ALL of the disappointment lately, and plans people have made for MONTHS being cancelled....the FANS deserve to know the TRUTH!

I really don't know what to think... Like 'Em said, it would be nice to have an official announce by his manager or whoever does that kind of stuff.

Reading Jack's post, if he really is ill then he should take some time off and recover, but not cancel as many dates as he can only to make the most impotant ones: some time off. period. When he was in tour in the US he was ill, but kept on doing his gigs, so he may still have some of that illness since he didn't recover 100%.

On the other hand there's still this "them menace"...

I don't know what to think, i'm only feeling sorry for everyone who went, especially avoca who made a long way and put such an effort for the birthday present, with all her family to see him and give him all the stuff..

*HUGS*

wow, i cant believe she's holding on so strong... good for you avoca!

she's a very tough girl:punk:

yes idd... imagine you travel all that way, (think of the money!!) just for mika, with that whole bday project to carry around with!! i think i would start crying :(

:no::sorry::crybaby::crybaby:This is terrible, I have only just started to read the news as I have been at work today. I wonder what Mika would say if he knew just how much time effort not to mention the hard earned cash that has been more or less wasted by some of his loving and loyal fans, it really seems so unfair, the disappointment is immense for these people, I wish there was some way of making "THEM" sit up and take notice of the upset "THEY" have caused some of best fans a guy could have.

(also I don't want to rule out if there IS some medical or physiological reason that Mika couldn't do these festivals then I wish him well, but it sure looks suspicious that they are only festivals getting the chop).

agreed. his management is appalling.

It is DUE TIME Mika find new management! He is established enough now to do so! This is making Mika himself look bad! *we all know it is due to his poor management* But, from the world's point of view Mika is looking like a real Tard here! And it is NOT fair...and it is DEFINALTELY not fair to his FANS who prepare and make plans and arrangements and SPEND money booking FLIGHTS and HOTELS, only to be cancelled! We are not RICH Rock Stars that have Millions of dollars to just throw away! Some of us have to SAVE SAVE SAVE just to be able to pull it off....and THEN all that HARD saved money was just for NOTHING! DO THEY EVER SEE IT FROM THE LITTLE GUYS POINT OF VIEW? Yeah, maybe but they DO NOT CARE!

It will seriously jeopardize not only his health, but the dates he already has scheduled in Europe. It's better to postpone dates that haven't been announced yet than forfeit more shows in the future.

Well, we think so, but unfortunately they don't always do what we think. I thought this could all be foreseen back when they scheduled him so heavily in the first place, because, 23 years old or not, that kind of intensity would weaken anybody--but they didn't seem to think so. Then we all thought he should cancel and rest up awhile ago, but they didn't think so. Then we thought they should just make clear what's going on instead of giving PR excuses that could be proved false and thus alienate fans, but... and so on.

This whole thing must be a nightmare for him, physically and emotionally.

Don't know quite about "nightmare," he seemed quite chipper walking around Italy with his family... :bleh: But yes, I'm sure it's trying and frustrating.

Kata, I don't think chest infection and ENT trouble are exclusive--when you have a chest infection, you can also get a sore throat and your ears hurt and all that. (At least, that was how it was with me when I had one.) And then some of your symptoms may go away while others act up, so if it's a general infection like that... it could be anything.

--Jack

It is DUE TIME Mika find new management! He is established enough now to do so! This is making Mika himself look bad! *we all know it is due to his poor management* But, from the world's point of view Mika is looking like a real Tard here! And it is NOT fair...and it is DEFINALTELY not fair to his FANS who prepare and make plans and arrangements and SPEND money booking FLIGHTS and HOTELS, only to be cancelled! We are not RICH Rock Stars that have Millions of dollars to just throw away! Some of us have to SAVE SAVE SAVE just to be able to pull it off....and THEN all that HARD saved money was just for NOTHING! DO THEY EVER SEE IT FROM THE LITTLE GUYS POINT OF VIEW? Yeah, maybe but they DO NOT CARE!

agreed 100%if i didnt belong to the MFC i would blame mika for this! i think his managment owes an apology to mika and us!:mf_rosetinted:

agreed 100%if i didnt belong to the MFC i would blame mika for this! i think his managment owes an apology to mika and us!:mf_rosetinted:

AGREED! An apology is the LEAST they could do! This is getting expensive and Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!! And HOW CAN HE PERFORM IN NEW YORK????

IT makes NO sense to me...this is my interpretation!

lmao xDDD

EDIT: Kata your post also reminds of something a narrator would say xDD

"will he be deaf now? Will he lose his voice forever? Tune in the next time Mika has a festival, or when he cancels yet again!"

:roftl: I know I shouldn't, but :lmao:

Jack, I'm aware of that - but it LOOKS bad on the paper to say ears one day and chest then next and then ears again to someone else the same day and so on.

Oh and Mika made it into a Danish music mag now - mentioned for cancelling festivals and playing secret gigs in between, gee that will do wonders for his popularity here :mf_rosetinted:

Jack, I'm aware of that - but it LOOKS bad on the paper to say ears one day and chest then next and then ears again to someone else the same day and so on.

Oh and Mika made it into a Danish music mag now - mentioned for cancelling festivals and playing secret gigs in between, gee that will do wonders for his popularity here :mf_rosetinted:

perfect example. he's now getting bad publicity. congrats mika management, i hope you're proud.

I thought this could all be foreseen back when they scheduled him so heavily in the first place, because, 23 years old or not, that kind of intensity would weaken anybody--but they didn't seem to think so.

I never agreed with that and I can see why his management and even Mika himself didn't either. This type of schedule is typical. Paolo Nutini has been supporting his album non-stop since the spring of '06. He's played all the summer festivals (this year and last) and come September will be playing almost 40 dates in North America before the end of October. Unlike Mika, he has been gigging since he was 15 years old. To top it off he's trashed every night!

The Police have also been playing a crazy tour this year and they are in their 50s.

I hope this whole thing with Mika is a one-off, because if he has such a delicate constitution that he is run into the ground after 3 or 4 months of serious touring, I'm not sure that he's cut out to be a pop star.

I actually have to wonder when he talks about lying around on his couch and watching Hollyoaks because it sounds like me. And I can tell you I don't think I'm even up for standing in line to see Mika, muchless going on 18-month tours.

Ok, what about stopping charging him, now ??

Do i have to be the one to say that ?

Giving him deadlines and so on... What the hell are you doing ? "It is due time" "he has to bla bla bla" etc. etc. Pfffffffffffffff

Don't forget that Mika is not the one in charge with PR things and you should all pay attention to the terms you use, claiming for explainations and true facts, etc. You first think about what you want : you want him there and there, and you want him to rest at the same time ? You want him to stop cancelling things or to stop selecting the "less important" things (to say it quickly) but you also want him to have a looooooong career ?

I'm not saying he's for nothing in all that fuss, and that we should go back to the original "Poor Mika" kind of posts, but still !!

This is being ridiculous and won't change anything...

The management is Universal. And they've been doing what they're doing for AGES.

Mika is Mika certainly ill somewhere somehow and maybe a bit pushed to do all that things...

Don't you think if things were all black or all white, he would be at the hospital / seeing a doctor / anything else he needs ? Being cured for whatever he has ? Don't you think if he's somehow somewhere ill, he would rather stop it all and stay and rest for a while ? But that he is also twisted cause he has to think about his latter career in the US and in Japan, and everywhere at the same time ?

Things are not ALWAYS as simple as they seem to be, and SOOOOO NEVER black OR white.

So i think you're starting to be rude or unfair for NOTHING and for no reason... The management is doing his job (sometimes really badly, for sure) and things won't change. And charging the management for everything is not fair either, cause they're doing what they've been asked to : lauch a career all around the world all at once. And some have to pay for that.

You're sometimes being so childish or so...

He doesn't owe you anything, and you are free to stop believing in him, or to stop buying your tickets for festivals he will certainly cancel or whatever, and maybe you needed THAT fuss to realize that it's silly to pay silly amounts of money only to see ONE artist... Whoever he is...

Who do you think you are ? You all sometimes think you're more than you really are, in my opinion. And don't make me say what i didn't say, i didn't say you were nothing or so.

I've said what i had to, cause you were starting to annoy me a bit to say the less... Now, go on...

I hope this whole thing with Mika is a one-off, because if he has such a delicate constitution that he is run into the ground after 3 or 4 months of serious touring, I'm not sure that he's cut out to be a pop star.

I think it's less the sheer number of gigs and more that they were all over the place in May and June--he was switching countries and often time zones nearly every day. If he wanted to do 20 UK dates in a row, then 10 France dates, and so on, I think he would have had an easier time of it. Back then he was also doing interviews between all his shows, so he was basically working 24-7. I do think that took a serious toll on him--I started to get worried when it began to show in his voice on some occasions. Did Paolo Nutini start off at this kind of pace, btw? Because I think if Mika worked up to it rather than being plunged in at once, he would have been able to handle it.

--Jack

P.S. Yop: :huglove:

yop. you just scared me!! :tears:

who are you talking to?!

well on the whole thing, i think we would all just like an explanation straight from the horses mouth. we are all preety understanding, and if mika just said, we would all appreciate that!! i am not saying he isnt ill, but i just seems like an excuse, as he doesnt ever say otherwise. any, im gonna shut up, incase yop kills me!!

nice job management!hope u are paid well!:thumb_yello:

Yop I certainly agree, although I think your post did sound very angry lol!

indeed the management are just doing their job, and sometimes (or mostly) rather badly as you did point out. Three gigs in one day certainly does call for disappointment and I do believe they are treating him badly.

I have noticed however that you do get groups of people who say "come here!" and then contradict themselves by saying "Mika you should rest!"

We all want him let's face it (I didn't mean it in THAT way) but as shown above, he can't be in several places at the same time, and neither can he fly around, hopping one country to the next in such a short space of time. That's "disaster" staring in the face and if his management don't realise that then they're thick.

Pfft, I mean, they must know that surely, but I sure as Hell don't know wtf they're playing at.

We all know they're doing their job, but we also know they're making a mess of things too, for Mika AND the fans, and I don't mean to say this horribly and I'm not aiming this at you, Yop, or anyone in particular, but we have a right to complain.