Mika Pulls Big Chill Show

We wouldn't hate you, Gata, or Sarah. But that's not the way the music industry works. He can't just say "f*ck the GMA"--with all the promo that has gone into it, if he does, his career may be hurt to the point that it may not recover again.

--Jack

But surely 'the industry' would understand, if his future career were being jeopardised by his current problem? Or even if they didn't understand, he has to look at the long-term picture. yes the US is a massive market but it's not the be-all and end-all...

I see what you are saying Jack...but I just think it must be something pretty serious for him to be cancelling so much.

And I'm sure his attitude wouldn't literally be F***k such-and-such. I'm sure if he cancelled GMA it'd be with a heavy heart. I've a feeling it'll be okay though; he'll be there.

:biggrin2:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really bad. Mika should really stop concerting till he gets well again. This performing in some gigs and canceling others thing is preposterous because it makes it look like Mika does not care at all about fans and so on, while in reality gets sicker and sicker.:thumbdown:

"Something" tells me that Mika will get well soon (if somebody is still conserned about his health). Just give him a few days. And I feel really sorry for Avoca and everybody else that were so looking forward to see him. Anyways, I do believe that Avoca will get another chance to meet him, and I hope it will make up for this dissapointment. A huge hug to her! :wink2:

Right now this might be long but bear with me.

his management should in the first place don't book him for like every single gig/festival/concert. pace him out please...atleast 4 appearances per month and give him at least 2 months off...like prob august and december. because this is making mika look bad, whether or not it's mika's fault for these cancellations. let mika have his say,cause i think his management is being unfair to him..and here is where i agree with what kata said earlier.

also, if mika really is sick, it's cause of all this pressure and stress put on him,travelling around and performing and stuff...so i'm really sorry for him if this is the case, cause this throat thing sounds serious! we don't want him to lose that lovely voice. so mika relax and take it easy! get better soon!

also, they should tell us the truth..don't say he's ill when in reality he's not. but we don't know what's the truth, so i can't go further with this point.

i have never seen mika live and may not....but i can imagine how the fans feel to hear the festival they r going to..just to see mika, is cancelled...esp if they pay tons of money on plane tickets and accessories. so i feel for the fans..cause i feel angry and sad, and i wasn't even going to any of the cancelled appearances!

right that's my rant lol. sry.

I'm sorry for you all that were looking forward to see MIKA.

When I saw him after the show at the liquid room, he was wearing a light brown leather jacket.

It was slightly strange look. The day was hot and humid, so I thought maybe he was feeling a chill.

I hope he gets well soon.

Guest Emz-Mika-Luva
:mfr_omg: OMG! poor mika baby! i hope he gets beta soon! and i hope he dnt hav 2 go 2 hospital!:stretcher: poor mika baby! get well soon! :wub2: luv ya xox

Thank god he's realising that e needs time off! Even if it is because he's ill! The guy was gonna end up seriously ill if he carried on!

I know loads of people will be disapointed about the cancellations but just think of Mika and how him being healthy happy when he does a gig!

As much as I feel for Mika, and hope that his health improves soon for his sake, looking over a few of the other threads on here, I can't help seeing the glaring inconsistencies that keep cropping up.

1. We all remember, the week of Nibes and Roskilde, both cancelled, BUT then the day before the cancelled Nibes appearance was the mysterious, came out of nowhere Reading appearance.

2. Now, Big Chill (Friday) cancelled due to "career threatening throat infection, and has cancelled the next weeks engagements", yet, according to JK and Joel on yesterdays (Sunday) chart show on R1, Mika is presently in Ibiza, which seems to indicate that he'll be doing the Ibiza Rocks gig on Tuesday, which so far has not been cancelled (so much for cancelling the weeks gigs).

Now I am really trying hard to stay positive about all this, but it really is starting to feel like someone is taking the p***.

If he is really as ill as is reported, what the heck is he doing in Ibiza? Okay if he's just going to rest (although the heat or the flying won't help his throat much) but if not how is he going to sing on Tuesday? If halfway through the set he has to stop because of his voice, it will be a bit of a disappointment, although not too much of a surprise to MFCers there, especially if they have travelled there just for the gig (I almost went myself, but I went to Dublin on the weekend so I thought I'd better do some work this week).

At some point, soon I hope, he's going to have to say enough is enough and take some time out to rest his voice properly. It's all very well his management sending him here there and everywhere, but even they must see by now that his health has become a major issue, and if his voice is going to start giving out, their investment is going to be severely pushed to the limit.

It's time that they start to give Mika a bit of space and let him rest, if only for a couple of weeks.

Phew! that went on slightly longer than I'd planned.