Kinda scared to write this but.... usa tour...

Sivan

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for goodness sake someone needs to tell us EXACTLY what's going on!

maybe there was gonna be a us tour but had to stop further progression because of Mika's health? Or maybe it wasn't even decided in the first.

PAH.

I'm on the brink of not caring now to be honest.

So true. The most annoying thing is that this situation is just absurd and we don't know why this is happening.:thumbdown:

So true. The most annoying thing is that this situation is just absurd and we don't know why this is happening.:thumbdown:

but nothing really happend...its not like he gave us tour dates and canceled...there were no dates from the begining...

they said they will be back september but i guess they changed their mind...

i think its ok.... dont u?

but nothing really happend...its not like he gave us tour dates and canceled...there were no dates from the begining...

they said they will be back september but i guess they changed their mind...

i think its ok.... dont u?

What do you mean there were no dates?

About September - of course they'd better not make plans about concerting then.

Thank you for the news Sivan. If a US tour was even a plan to begin with, it must have been a very difficult decision for MIKA and his camp to cancel. Tempting as it is to break into the US market, MIKA's health is a priority.

I have mixed emotions - sad like Sivan, and relieved like Jack.

I hope:

1. rest is the only thing on his agenda for September and his ENT problems, exhaustion, or whatever it is - is "nipped in the bud".

2. That they find another way to market him - tv guest appearances and shows like "So You Think You Can Dance", "Good Morning America" and "Canadian Idol" - these seem less exhausting and he only sings 1-3 songs - but NO TOURING.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder - I hope.

I'm totally delighted that Mika doesn't do another US tour. :punk: He hasn't ever been to Finland, and if he decides not to come here for yeeears, I will understand. His health is more important than traveling around. You will see him again, I'm sure of that.

Mika, rest and get better soon! :thumb_yello:

i dont think it will happend....

a friend told me... she talked to mika tour manager...he said no US tour :(

im sorry everyone :(

and street scene is not a sure thing either :(

oh my....

atleast i hope its for mika and the band to take some time off to rest....

again...its not mika that told me that personaly or something, so im not 100% but i guess its true if mika tour manager said that.... i just dont want everyone here killing me if they decide to come here aftet all =P

Oh Sivan! Of course we wouldn't kill you no matter what! It's not your

fault... is it??? :wink2:

I'd guess that you're probably right, though, about no more US dates...

it's several days into August and nothing's been announced, so that

can't be a good sign.

Oh well.

As you said, hopefully it means that Mika and company will have a chance

to take a good vacation. They have definitely earned it!

dcdeb

lol kaz...its not mean did anyone here say something different? ;) i think for now we all think the same....

i really only care about mika being healthy and happy.... i wuv u mika! :blush-anim-cl:

oh no-one said anything lol! i was just saying that NOW in case people got the wrong idea ^_^

i'm totally happy mika decided to rest. If a US tour was ever on the cards at all :mf_rosetinted:

i dont think it will happend....

a friend told me... she talked to mika tour manager...he said no US tour :(

im sorry everyone :(

and street scene is not a sure thing either :(

oh my....

atleast i hope its for mika and the band to take some time off to rest....

again...its not mika that told me that personaly or something, so im not 100% but i guess its true if mika tour manager said that.... i just dont want everyone here killing me if they decide to come here aftet all =P

How could we be mad at you? :wink2: In fact I think it's a great news... for Mika and the band. I'm still sad about the canceling and I don't want anymore canceling date, it's too hard to take! :sneaky2:

It's sad because Sunshine and I talked about going in New York or smth like that if he comes in september. But now I guess if I want to see him again this year I'll have to visit UK! (always wanted to do so but not necessarily this year ...)

Anyway Mika needs some rest and to take care or his ENT problem :mf_rosetinted:

This isn't bad news at all. I'm very relieved. It Mika pushed through with another slew of dates next month you'd be looking at these cancellation disasters for the rest of the year. It would seriously damage his career, not to mention his health.

I don't know why anyone thinks we don't know what's going on. He's got some kind of health condition that is debilitating enough to prevent him from fulfilling all of his current obligations and probably making it difficult to to do the performances he does go through with. What difference does it make whether it's an ear infection or a throat problem or simply exhaustion? The bottom line is he can't physically manage 20 shows a month on 3 or 4 different continents right now.

He's not cancelling an "unimportant" festival here and there to get in a secret gig or TV show. He's virtually wiped his schedule clean so that he can limp through a couple of major appearances/commitments.

To me that's all the explanation anyone needs to understand why he's not coming to the US in September. Given that he never booked any US dates to start with he's really not obliged to offer an explanation. It's only a handful of MFC members that ever thought he was coming here in the first place. The rest of the world doesn't monitor his schedule and anticipate his every move.

Well,just remember,there are american fans wanting to see him!

i know, but it's not the end of the world. Like I said we need to take the back seat and make Mika's health top priority. He will come back another time don't worry.

We should all just let him rest.

Yeah I know it's not so bad,it's just that for me,since I live in NJ,it would be really hard to see Mika,and soon I am gonna see him in NYC,but this is like once in a lifetime.I know he has been sick,and trust me,I want him to get better and soon!

Yeah I know it's not so bad,it's just that for me,since I live in NJ,it would be really hard to see Mika,and soon I am gonna see him in NYC,but this is like once in a lifetime.I know he has been sick,and trust me,I want him to get better and soon!

I know it seems that way but it's not once in a lifetime, trust me! Mika has only been performing for a matter of months. He's got a long career ahead of him and he'll be back in the US before you know it.

I am not a religious person, but 'Thank God' was my first thought while reading the first post.

I know it seems that way but it's not once in a lifetime, trust me! Mika has only been performing for a matter of months. He's got a long career ahead of him and he'll be back in the US before you know it.

I was just about to say that. The guy is only 23 (well, almost 24) and if he takes care of his voice now it will profit him in the future. Too bad for the US fans right now if the rumour is true, but I am sure that there is more to come.

'Wat in het vat zit verzuurt niet' - a Dutch expression and I don't know the English translation, sorry...

It's really not that disappointing to me, and I'm not sad. I feel super fortunate to have seen Mika at all, and the fact that some of us in the US have had the opportunity to see him more than once in the same year is like, way beyond amazing. A lot of the artists I like come around once every 3 or 4 years for tours. We know Mika will be back in 2008, which is also, beyond amazing. I think it's a lot to expect him to be here as much as he is, we've been really, really fortunate and it's clear he has to just... chill out. So that's what's up, I'm not really feeling too much over it (Although I do love him just as much as everyone).

This sort of disappoints me because I was planning on going to see Mika for my birthday, but I'm not that sad about it or anything, because honestly, I'd much rather Mika be healthy, well-rested and happy any day, than have him exhaust himself again with another tour. I hope that he spends all of September doing things that normal men his age do (from my experience with my brother, this includes having to be dragged out of bed, eating all of the food in our kitchen and staying out until 3 in the morning only to sleep until noon :roftl:), and gets some good, quality rest that his body needs to be healthy. :) And I agree with Kate---I am very fortunate to have seen him once, and waiting until next year to see him again will be well worth it. :)