Mica Penniman on Facebook

LoveLoveMIKA

Isn't a bit like wishful thinking tho??

U know.........I'm different to everyone else and he would love to be my friend?

I'm not saying I'm any different but you know what it's like when you meet people for the first time......you don't see them as funny or kind or sweet etc.....they are just strangers.

I that respect, we are all strangers to Mika. I can't see him picking out anyone from all of his fans on here and going....yeah, ur the one for me........lets be friends!

I admit, I've searched for his facebook account and tried to be his friend on his own myspace but I kinda new the outcome.

Doesn't stop us trying (or dreaming) eh??

Vix x

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't a bit like wishful thinking tho??

U know.........I'm different to everyone else and he would love to be my friend?

I'm not saying I'm any different but you know what it's like when you meet people for the first time......you don't see them as funny or kind or sweet etc.....they are just strangers.

I that respect, we are all strangers to Mika. I can't see him picking out anyone from all of his fans on here and going....yeah, ur the one for me........lets be friends!

I admit, I've searched for his facebook account and tried to be his friend on his own myspace but I kinda new the outcome.

Doesn't stop us trying (or dreaming) eh??

Vix x

lol i quite agree. well done vix :)

There is a real blur between being "friends" with a person and being "friendly" with them when it comes to the internet.

The problem with pages like myspace and facebook........it's difficult to keep things seperate. You may want to be "friendly" with a lot of people...however, they are not your "friends".

Unfortunately, this often results in appearing "unfriendly" to all sorts of people that you may well have liked to be aquianted with.

First off, hi HarryN and :welcomeani: Haven't seen you around the forum

before :)

Secondly, you're so right about the distinction between being "friends"

and being "friendly" -- what you said is true enough for those of us

who *aren't* famous,

I can just imagine what it must be like for someone who *is*.

I mean, when I accept someone as a friend on myspace who's a member

of this forum, who I most likely will never meet, I'm not risking much.

They're not likely to stalk me or pester me for autographs, for

emails, for whatever... :wink2:

Whereas a famous person who accepts strangers as friends leaves

themselves wide open... it's clear they need to be much more careful.

However I don't deny that friendship evoked by a random internet encounter is possible...

I agree with that, too, violet_sky! And this forum is a great example of

that! There are already quite a few people who have met

through this forum who have become friends IRL. And in the Oldlings

for example, there are about 10 or 12 of us traveling from all over the

world to see Mika in Glasgow in November. But, as much as we love

him, Mika is really just an excuse for us all to get together. We've

struck up a cyber-friendship that is so exciting to us that we're

compelled to meet in real life -- even if we have travel great distances

to do it! :biggrin2:

And oops... I've strayed pretty far from the original topic of whether

Mica/Mika has a Facebook account... sorry! Bad mod! :ot:

As you were...

dcdeb

The internet does that. It relocates and often suspends definitions and not always for the better. How funny is it to say you are 'friends' with 5798 or maybe even only 36 people you have never met face to face. It's difficult as they're more 'online contacts' than friends, not necessarily because you would never become real life friends with them but just because you simply don't really know them. (Well, sure nobody can ever entirely know anybody else, but you get what I mean) No problem to be friends with your RL friends on myspace (although it's not necessary IMO as there are other often more effective ways to reach them) while the other way round it is just impossible to build up a friendship with each of your myspace contacts ... depending on the number of course - a day has only 24 hours and our brain capacities are limited, right? (not sure about that). However I don't deny that friendship evoked by a random internet encounter is possible...

I totally agree with what you said- I have marked a few things in bold because that is imo the most relevant to me; one can make friends online, if they manage to go from the 'cyberreality' to reality, but it is not a given.

And it will not happen to the majority of situations, but only to a minority.

Then again, nothing is impossible and I do believe that barriers are there to be conquered when the feeling is there, so in some occasions these friendships will develop and in others not. A bit like in RL if one meets someone in a bar for example, or similar. It may fizzle out or it may go from strength to strength.

As "Mika (or was it Mica) P"

He just friend requested me. Omg, I'm shaking.

It must be because I joined like 20 Mika groups.

Anyway, I don't think I have to tell you: Add him! Ahhhh.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure it's for real... I thought it was a fake, too, but it's almost exactly like his MySpace one.

Except it has his e-mail: mikalcm@gmail.com and it currently has 76 pix of Mika.

Oh, and his Hometown: Paris, London... I don't remember if that was on his MySpace.

So, facebook.com-->Search for Mika P--> He showed up. I'm pretty damn sure it's real...

i think is really private that i can't even find Mika P in the search results. i found mika penniman.... and friended him. but it doesn't seem private i asked him about a question that know one else would know, since i have met him 3 times.