Mika Management Letter

deano

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just for the record I didn't see cazgirls post. But I am sure the majority of us had the same idea... Pretty obvious one to be honest.

But obviously, a letter is useless if management can't read it.

The idea is that this will be the LAST thread that discusses the cancellations :thumb_yello:

Ok then, let's discuss... :wink2:

Thoughts:

Mika's management should inform us fans when they'll cancel a gig.

They should do it as soon as they possibly can.

The best case would be if they would inform us even a slightest possibility of a cancellation - immediately.

It could make some people sad but I personally would be happy for news like that.

I mean it's better than the last minute shock. :shocked:

The reasons for the cancellations would be nice to hear from some official path.

I mean, an internet gossip site isn't really my thought of a source I can trust.

As much as I would like to think "I love Mika, that's all that counts."

I can't numb my mind with that if Im a student with no income,

unfortunated to live in a country which I think Mika would be unprofitable to land on,

and decided to see him live (cause I highly love what he does),

bear some really ugly comments of my "fanatism" and pay for a ticket to see him + flights to some country he's scheduled for.

(Which would mean a non-food school year for me).

If I would hear the last days that he's not coming, I would be sad. :blink:

If the reason for the cancellation would be unclear/missleading/err... another gig.

In that case I think I would be left with a disbelief and shock. I would feel fooled at least.

I imagine I would feel like this:

It's a one huge party when I've decided to jump to the well.

I really make an effort to open the deck of the well.

Since Im in the well, it's just cold, dark, wet and lonely. O___o

(I know it's not really the best comparison you've seen.)

Luckily this hasn't happened to me!!

I don't feel Im moaning here. Im aware that in this message, there's a lack of some of the positive stuff I've experienced concerning about Mika gigs... :yay:

Ah, and Im sorry for deleting my post a while ago.

It's on again. :cool:

EDIT: Haha, yeah, the point of my last post was that I haven't experienced cancelling - yet.

Would love to have a way not to experience cancellation in the future as well.

(Which I think is at least partly the point of this thread here too.)

So ---> more information.

:blush-anim-cl:

The Good, Warm Fuzzies First:

1. MIKA - thank you. You have raised the bar as a Popstar, both with your artistry and the endearing qualities you show to your fans.

2. deano - thank you. For being instrumental in making MFC a great forum to be part of and actively taking all our concerns into consideration.

The Series of Unfortunate Events....the ugly...

I agree. you see that night the same day with GMA, the evening concert was supposed to in Montreal (cancelled ahead of time tho). its a shame too because some of us Canadians could have come to the free NY concert if we knew ahead! oh well:) I love MIKA and he is doing his best under the circumstances ! The letter is an excellent way to voice our opinions in a creative and constructive manner!:)

suzanne:)

1. Too many people, unfortunately (kata, avoca, mika mad, etc) have their own personal cancellation stories...mine is very much like elanorelle's as I had already made initial arrangements to go to the GMA concert in NYC until MIKA's Quebec performance was announced along with Canadian Idol. I know not to take these cancellations personally. But Canadian Idol would have only been one song and we already know he's in North America the weekend just before so he wouldn't have to edure a transatlantic flight....

I just want to voice that I was sad. That's all.

To Drop Hints and Suggestions for you to pass along if possible...

1. A make-up concert in a small venue for MFC members for each country effected by cancellations. LOL - I know, I know, that's far-fetched.... doesn't hurt to ask. :wink2:

excellent idea Deano :mf_rosetinted:

I am waiting for both an explanation and an apology. We are clearly being taken for complete idiots if they think we're gonna buy the changing stories. The pressure on the ears is not harder on a plane to Scandinavia than it is on a plane to anywhere else and you can not have a chest infection in your ears. You can't play a secret gig if you have no voice! You can't take a week off in UK and then play in Ibiza. You can not go on stage with pneumonia in Ireland if you can't do it in Denmark. If you can't leave Europe, then you can't be in USA. It's beyond me how anyone can be this incompetent and still have a job :boxed:

This might be all about money and getting more famous, but wiping your arse with your fans does not help anyone's carreer. Whoever is in charge here owes it both to us, but even more to Mika, to get their sh!t together and do something about this before it damages his carreer for real.

Okay, short answer. Great idea btw :biggrin2:

Ok, I hate standing in mud to my knees, feeling sorry for an artist who is supposedly sick, then being told that he played a secret gig the evening before. Not much to do about it, except from being pissed. Then another gig in my country gets cancelled "because of pneumonia", and he still plays gigs in Ireland and Scotland the days after. Which is also festivals. That makes me a tiny bit annoyed and angry. That is really really retarded planned by .. them. Whoever that is.

As the magazin said "If you want to **** with two festivals, then you should at least do it in silence".

Im with Kata.

As I belong to the pissed off Denmark lot I absolutely agree with you. It would be nice to get a decent explanation and if he has to cancel something again he should do it earlier than a day before the gig because some people have to travel really long distances (and this particular one "people" typing here won't do it again; at least not for a festival) and might be on their way already and won't know about him not playing until they arrive at the venue.

I bought expensive train tickets and travelled to Stockholm alone for 4 hours may 18th to see Mika at Rix Fm festival and I only found out when the concert started that he wasn't coming due to Otitis.

Mika had however shot his BG video before and played at concerts closely after :blink:

And I bought a ticket to go see him at the Way Out West festival in Gothenburg (was the 10 aug) looong before anything was said about any GMA or Canada shows..

The swedish people on MFC bombed WOW with email and phonecalls (they apparently didn't know about him being tripple booked. he had a contract with them and was supposed to come) and because of that they could look in to the matter and gave us an answer after 2 weeks or so.

Sweden (and Canada) got cancelled as everybody knows.

At least we got an answer out of them before it was to late.

I just think it shouldn't be this way, lack of communication or whatever from Mikas managment but when you start selling people tickets, things should be settled for 100%.

As I was one of the ones who has criticised the way things have been handled by the management over the last few months, I guess I should add my name to this.

I have no argument with Mika himself, and I'm only upset with the management as they seem intent with biting the hand that feeds them, the fans who buy the tickets for the gigs. And you can't say that as far as the festivals go that one is more important than another, in each country all the festivals are important.

So that is my argument, if they intended to cancel gigs like this, wouldn't have been better to announce it here in advance, where the aggrieved fans probably would have accepted it better, than to wait until the day, when they are there full of anticipation. I know that with festivals there are other acts you can see, being at Glastonbury there were plenty of acts I wanted to see apart from Mika, but if he was the main draw for people at other festivals, I can understand why they would be upset.

That is my take on this, and I would assume the the management was expecting some kind of fallout with some of the fans through the cancellations, as well as the criticism that has followed. That's all I have left to say on this, so if you would like to add that to the letter feel free.

Thank you Dean, as always. It is a great idea. I hope everyone writes letters because they care.

I believe the management has an open-door policy, and that they are willing to listen to fans' voices. I think that the second show in NYC is a response from Mika. He and the management are not ignoring the complains, but they are listening, I think. So even if the show was in NYC, I do appreciate they cared for us, fans. We know how much Mika cares for us!

We Japanese are not so far affected by cancellation, however, we have been voicing concerns about overbooking issue. We feel really sorry for people who missed his concerts due to cancellations, or due to limited number of tickets available. Of course we were very, very concerned about his health issue too, and were surprised because there was little communication from the management regarding cancellation/his health condition. Timely communication from the management/PR (ex. in his HP/myspace) could have cleared confusion much more effectively and quickly, I believe.

I would like to suggest the management to create a team such as, Fans Relations - like investor relations, you know. That way they can directly communicate with us, and get direct feedback from fans. We do not need info manipulated by media, but accurate info from them.

(Regarding foreign language issue, we can elect a representative from each country within MFC, and translate the message from Fans Relations at each thread. How about that?)

We all wish Mika to have a long, successful career. I understand challenges and difficulties he faces - all happened so quickly, in such a global scale. His management team is a very experienced, professional group of people, who have been in the business for a long time. They should know how to manage artist's career, and give him advice if necessary, I suppose. Fans trust you, guys. :biggrin2:

Anakinglobewalker (Japan)

Haha love your suggestion Suzy, we could have the concert in my living room :mf_rosetinted:

If I bring some apply marvellous magic juice in an automizer for everyone, can I come too :bleh: and in case he cancels I will volunteer to be his replacement, I sing really badly though be warned.

This is the start of healing I can feel it in my bones folks.

Hey, I'm a grownup with my own house, so bring that party this way, add Mika in person and you can all crash on my floor. Hot tub use optional.

I've never been affected by the cancellations, but I am frustrated at the lack of US gigs on the schedule (that I can find). Can't exactly drop everything and run to NY for the morning.

Mika, come to VIRGINIA!!! It was the first colony! That means we're still practically British, it'll be like home!

My thoughts:

Dear Mika's management

The Mika Fan Club (http://www.mikafanclub.com) has been supporting Mika since its inception in ways unrivaled by any other Mika forum. The MFC has kept members informed of developments in Mika's career, bookings, concerts, photos, videos, everything else fan clubs usually do plus more. MFC members go to HUGE lengths to get tickets for Mika's events, sometimes outside their home countries, co-ordinating tickets for other members and meet-ups but more than that, the MFCers are the ones promoting MIKA, his music and the MFC to others everywhere they go.

However, we at MFC also have had the unenviable position of posting to the forums about cancellations, and hearing heartbreaking stories of fans (often with their young children) who often travel internationally at great personal expense to see Mika's gigs which then may or may not happen. The variety of reasons for no-shows appear highly suspect when inexpicably, the forum carries reports of gigs on either the same day, or either side of no-shows, where Mika has appeared alive and healthy and not suffering from the various illnesses purported to be the cause of the cancellations.

Without some kind of official statement from management to fans through the MFC, the rumors fly, talk of deception and lies, fans leaving the forum, reports batter us from other media of Mika's no shows...just as the internet has made Mika so big so fast, so it can also unmake him at lightning speed.

We appreciate the efforts that have been made this week to appease fans in the US, but these actions do not compensate the fans who suffered the financial (and often emotional) hardships in other parts of the world. The efforts this week confirm Mika in our hearts as the nice guy he is, but we are concerned that the lack of communication between artist/management/fans is potentially damaging his reputation in several countries of the world.

We all want to see Mika succeed, especially over the long-term. But please don't lose sight of the real people who help him to succeed: the FANS. MFC is the most active and vocal support of MIKA on the net. Please don't ignore us, and please take the time respond to our concerns.

Or something along those lines. Feel free to use anything that might be helpful.

Wow, Blue Sky! I left your letter intact below -- I think it should BE the letter that gets sent. It says so much so very eloquently... you did an amazing job. :thumb_yello:

Thanks!

dcdeb

My thoughts:

Dear Mika's management

The Mika Fan Club (http://www.mikafanclub.com) has been supporting Mika since its inception in ways unrivaled by any other Mika forum. The MFC has kept members informed of developments in Mika's career, bookings, concerts, photos, videos, everything else fan clubs usually do plus more. MFC members go to HUGE lengths to get tickets for Mika's events, sometimes outside their home countries, co-ordinating tickets for other members and meet-ups but more than that, the MFCers are the ones promoting MIKA, his music and the MFC to others everywhere they go.

However, we at MFC also have had the unenviable position of posting to the forums about cancellations, and hearing heartbreaking stories of fans (often with their young children) who often travel internationally at great personal expense to see Mika's gigs which then may or may not happen. The variety of reasons for no-shows appear highly suspect when inexpicably, the forum carries reports of gigs on either the same day, or either side of no-shows, where Mika has appeared alive and healthy and not suffering from the various illnesses purported to be the cause of the cancellations.

Without some kind of official statement from management to fans through the MFC, the rumors fly, talk of deception and lies, fans leaving the forum, reports batter us from other media of Mika's no shows...just as the internet has made Mika so big so fast, so it can also unmake him at lightning speed.

We appreciate the efforts that have been made this week to appease fans in the US, but these actions do not compensate the fans who suffered the financial (and often emotional) hardships in other parts of the world. The efforts this week confirm Mika in our hearts as the nice guy he is, but we are concerned that the lack of communication between artist/management/fans is potentially damaging his reputation in several countries of the world.

We all want to see Mika succeed, especially over the long-term. But please don't lose sight of the real people who help him to succeed: the FANS. MFC is the most active and vocal support of MIKA on the net. Please don't ignore us, and please take the time respond to our concerns.

Or something along those lines. Feel free to use anything that might be helpful.

Wow, Blue Sky! I left your letter intact below -- I think it should BE the letter that gets sent. It says so much so very eloquently... you did an amazing job. :thumb_yello:

Thanks!

dcdeb

I agree with Deb...that was very well written!

Thanks!

dcdeb

I agree to!

Great letter Blue Sky :thumb_yello:

My thoughts:

Dear Mika's management

Totally agree. It is very well written. I think this one should definitely be sent.