deano

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry for being so vocal sometimes.

The passion gets the better of me.

HUGE MIKA fan here and my mouth opens and things fall out.

I shall refrain bringing up the Canada issue again.

From now on,,,,shall look forward to new and exciting things.

I bought the CD today so I can have more MIKANESS.

Hey ...in lew of all this..I am writing a song in admiration of MIKA

tried to make a thread. Will re-word so it stands out better.

Suzanne::)

totally agree with what christine said about communication, i think that's the main point. i wasn't angry because he cancelled (in my case st gallen, although i really can't complain now, after seeing him 3 times :naughty: ), but because i had the feeling that i was being lied to, as he seemed perfectly fine 1 day after the cancelled festival.

blue sky, i also like your letter, i just think it focuses a bit too much on the MFC. i don't know what the management thinks about us, maybe they think sth along the lines of "oh they're the crazy fans, most of them will love him anyway whatever he does", and just in case this is true, we shouldn't focus so much on the MFC, but phrase it in a more general way, as we are surely not the only ones who are affected by the cancellations. know what i mean? :wink2:

totally agree with what christine said about communication, i think that's the main point. i wasn't angry because he cancelled (in my case st gallen, although i really can't complain now, after seeing him 3 times :naughty: ), but because i had the feeling that i was being lied to, as he seemed perfectly fine 1 day after the cancelled festival.

blue sky, i also like your letter, i just think it focuses a bit too much on the MFC. i don't know what the management thinks about us, maybe they think sth along the lines of "oh they're the crazy fans, most of them will love him anyway whatever he does", and just in case this is true, we shouldn't focus so much on the MFC, but phrase it in a more general way, as we are surely not the only ones who are affected by the cancellations. know what i mean? :wink2:

Mellody has a point. More of a general thing because I know as fact there as many or more fans that are not MFC as some may not even have computers or limited access.

Suzanne

Mellody has a point. More of a general thing because I know as fact there as many or more fans that are not MFC as some may not even have computers or limited access.

Suzanne

Well, what you say is true, but as I understood it, from what deano said,

the letter is coming from the MFC, speaking on behalf of MFC members -- and I think in some ways it is also another way to state our case for becoming the "official" fan club... so focusing on MFC is not necessarily a bad thing,

is it? :)

dcdeb

Otherwise? I think I know what you meant, but just for everyone else's information I want to point out that I take no issue with the Canada cancellation - and I was a ticket holder.

I'm not sure why people can't distinguish between a short impromptu acoustic session at 1:30 a few blocks from the GMA studio, and an 8:30 festival in another country. As Jack pointed out there was no way he could compensate Québec fans on that day since the show had already been cancelled. So he did his best to make it up to the people who had actually arrived and were standing outside in the pouring rain just to catch a glimpse of him because they had been looking forward to his show in Bryant Park for months.

I was touched and almost saddened by the fact that Mika put on an extra show in NY when, judging by the rasp in his voice, he wasn't particularly up for it. I hate the fact that his PR has been so botched that he has to go to such lengths to do damage control when an earlier explanation/apology would have sufficed. And I also hate the fact that his effort didn't even pay off in some cases, as it seems to have generated further resentment in some fans who couldn't be there.[/quote]

Christine, I totally agree with everything you said, and especially the bold/highlighted bits. It also makes me sad that he goes sooo out of his way to try and make some ammends to people, when he is clearly not feeling that well. I mean, his face said it all, he looked rough, and didn't sound 100% either.

I'm really glad that you mentioned it.:thumb_yello:

Otherwise? I think I know what you meant, but just for everyone else's information I want to point out that I take no issue with the Canada cancellation - and I was a ticket holder.

I'm not sure why people can't distinguish between a short impromptu acoustic session at 1:30 a few blocks from the GMA studio, and an 8:30 festival in another country. As Jack pointed out there was no way he could compensate Québec fans on that day since the show had already been cancelled. So he did his best to make it up to the people who had actually arrived and were standing outside in the pouring rain just to catch a glimpse of him because they had been looking forward to his show in Bryant Park for months.

I was touched and almost saddened by the fact that Mika put on an extra show in NY when, judging by the rasp in his voice, he wasn't particularly up for it. I hate the fact that his PR has been so botched that he has to go to such lengths to do damage control when an earlier explanation/apology would have sufficed. And I also hate the fact that his effort didn't even pay off in some cases, as it seems to have generated further resentment in some fans who couldn't be there.[/quote]

Christine, I totally agree with everything you said, and especially the bold/highlighted bits. It also makes me sad that he goes sooo out of his way to try and make some ammends to people, when he is clearly not feeling that well. I mean, his face said it all, he looked rough, and didn't sound 100% either.

I'm really glad that you mentioned it.:thumb_yello:

it is weird i thought he was quite energetic compared to his performance on "SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE"

When will this letter go out?

I suppose it needs proofreading etc when its done!

Editorial person here!

May Mika,management, and us all learn from this experience.

As a performer..contracts can be very tricky issues. I myself don't go by contracts but we hire people that do..and oh boy when a contract is broken...its darn tricky..although illness is certainly a feasible reason.

Suzanne

When will this letter go out?

I suppose it needs proofreading etc when its done!

Editorial person here!

May Mika,management, and us all learn from this experience.

As a performer..contracts can be very tricky issues. I myself don't go by contracts but we hire people that do..and oh boy when a contract is broken...its darn tricky..although illness is certainly a feasible reason.

I am told that if your voice is weak and you are ill ,,,you do not sing.It can wreck the voice and one's career. I am in a large choir and we hire professional opera singers and scholars to sing with us. If one of them is sick, they do not sing. That is what we are told..if you are sick ..do not sing.

Suzanne

I was very touched when he put on that free concert too. The people who were going for that concert must have been happy. He certainly was doing the best he could do under the circumstances. Hopefully he is getting some well earned rest right now. I am happy for the fans that got to see the concert on August 10th. MY heart goes out to you and Mika,,,he was brave to do this I think.

Suzanne

exactly. You have to PEE.

Point

Evidence

Explain

sorry caz I know you were being serious but c'mon...we have to PEE :naughty::naughty: you know my humour wont stand that without me buckling, Im gonna quote taht to my daughter on every opportunity

it is weird i thought he was quite energetic compared to his performance on "SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE"

I thought he looked fine too, aside from the damn-I've-been-up-since-3am thing. But that doesn't mean his voice is in top form.

Based on some of the comments over the past weeks it seems that some can't accept that it's even possible that Mika should not be singing on any given day unless he's hooked up to a drip in the intensive care unit or coughing up a lung.

That's why the lack of communication has been so damaging. People feel duped that they were lead to believe he had pneumonia and he obviously did not. If the real cause for these breaks in his schedule had been communicated to the fans from the beginning they would have been a lot more understanding and took him at his word if he said he just needed to give his voice a 24 break. Instead they think they're being lied to and if he can perform one day, there's no legitimate reason he couldn't have performed the day before.

Many wise words in this thread :mf_rosetinted:

Okay will try to say something without swearing now :boxed:

When I first heard Nibe festival was cancelled, I wasn't angry at all. I was very sad of course, especially since I had chosen to sell my Roskilde ticket, as I would be a mess to do both and I thought he was saving his voice for that.I also felt incredibly guilty for talking vally and Häschen into coming all the way to Denmark for a concert when he wouldn't be there - but I wasn't angry at all. We decided to make the best of it anyway, even if it was incredibly expensive to get there and it was raining like it has never rained before.

The anger came only when I started to recieve sms's that told me he had done a secret gig the evening before. To stand there in the rain and hear them announce from the stage that the man wasn't able to sing, knowing he had been on stage after Nibe was officially cancelled simply took a lot of the fun out of it all.

Because of the rain and the fact that the festival area in Roskilde was completely flooded, I was offered a very cheap ticket for that when I got home. I decided to not buy it unless it wasn't sold yet on the day he was to perform, but I never got that far as Roskilde was fortunately cancelled the night before - because of pneumonia. Two days later he was on stage at Oxegen and not only that, but we could also see pictures of him backstage with a pint - certainly not pneumonia.

At this point I was really angry and for each cancellation that came after this, I got more angry. And for each time the stories and excuses don't add up I got more and more bitter.

I got rid of my Way Out West ticket without losing a lot of money, so that's not a big problem, but I still have a very hard time just feeling happy for the people who got a free gig in NY on the day I was supposed to see him.

At any point here, a valid explanation or even just some kind of apology could have turned me completely around.A simple "I'm sorry" can do a hell of a lot of difference, whether it's from the man himself or from the people who actually messed up here. Even if we are "just" fans, it would be nice if someone would recognize that we are also human beings and that we have put a lot of effort into all this. I am extremely disappointed :boxed:

I agree that this example should go in the letter, it IS moving , Caz is right and explains the bad taste it left in your mouth and it was cos it was left to build up. I don't think these ppl realize how much time and effort some fans go to and also how they feel guilty for dragging ppl along in the hope of letting them share an amazing Mika experience, so when it all goes so horribly wrong THEY feel guilty as well as disappointed and frustrated themselves.

We all react to things differently, I would have felt guilty and depressed if it was me, but some ppl feel angry and some of us go through a whole spectrum of emotions.

I thought he looked fine too, aside from the damn-I've-been-up-since-3am thing. But that doesn't mean his voice is in top form.

Based on some of the comments over the past weeks it seems that some can't accept that it's even possible that Mika should not be singing on any given day unless he's hooked up to a drip in the intensive care unit or coughing up a lung.

That's why the lack of communication has been so damaging. People feel duped that they were lead to believe he had pneumonia and he obviously did not. If the real cause for these breaks in his schedule had been communicated to the fans from the beginning they would have been a lot more understanding and took him at his word if he said he just needed to give his voice a 24 break. Instead they think they're being lied to and if he can perform one day, there's no legitimate reason he couldn't have performed the day before.

ya.....maybe he cancelled those so he could rest up for GMA???

As I have tried to say before, I think the extra show in NY was a really nice gesture, I just have a hard time not being 4 years old here :emot-sad:

aww Kata sometimes ur just cute lol. (erm..in a diff way to how MIKA is cute btw):sneaky2::wink2:

Couldn't have said it better.