Mika Said Thankyou For The Gifts!!!

CazGirl

dear...i feel the same!

but what can we do?

i'm sure he has started to be tired of fans and gifts...added to his bad health and tiredness...

Yes and we can't blame him and if we are honest I think we can admit that we enjoy all the drawing and tinkering and thinking of crazy stuff quite much so it all is only about 80% unselfish in the end :naughty:

what i fear the most is that fans never will accept to left aside...and when he's back they will be as oppressive as ever...maybe more!

i suggest, we MFCers, not to be pressing and stressing and overwhelming with him... and being able to make a step back when we see a hint.

Yes, I see that problem too. Thing is, Mika himself has set a high standard for himself when it comes to meeting fans. Expectations are high. We're kinda spoilt already. I guess a lot of people would be left quite irritated if he suddenly stopped showing up after his shows to sign stuff and pose with people. At the same time it will become more and more difficult for him to satisfy everybody as the venues he plays get bigger and bigger. It'll be hard to find the right balance. Plus, I hate to say that and I don't mean it meanly, he's not really in need of that much interaction any more now as he has become that big already. So I think keeping up that level of contact with fans will be more out of courtesy than due to the purpose of promo.

i'm sure he will always be grateful for that, even if this will mean having a pic or an autograph less in our pocket!

Considering the size of venues it'll be quite impossible to get everybody an autograph or pic. Even if he wanted to do it he couldn't. Luckily pics and signatures don't mean so much to me so for me it is easy to step back and abandon. But there's a lot of people out there to whom this means so much and I feel for them if they get disappointed.

Yeah I feel you Violet_Sky...It is nice to hear that he appreciates our gifts because he does get many gifts...there are so many talented poeple in this world and they don't all belong to the MFC.

Seeing it from that point he can really make a lot of people happy with relatively little effort. I mean this in the most positive sense. I have never seen such a lot of people being so happy to give.

Robertina...You are completely right...he is only human and can get tired of the same things, that's just the way it is...but I think we all shall get the "hint" sometime hopefully it'll be clear. He must have so many gifts because we all collaborate in gifts and then there's the individual gifts from people from here and people not a part of the MFC. There's only so many gifts he can have....If it was me I'd run out of places to store my gifts. But at the same time there are always so many creative projectjs going on here that it's hard to stay away from. What's to come in the future remains to be seen but I hope that it will never come to him gettting a gift, not appreciating it, and then just saying thanks to say thanks...which very may well happen if it hasn't happened already. Oh well I guess...there's not much to do to control it, we might as well enjoy it while it lasts I guess

That's well put, you are so right, and after all I am quite glad about the fact that he IS human.

And maybe there will really be a day when it all suddenly comes down to the music alone.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dear...i feel the same!

but what can we do?

i'm sure he has started to be tired of fans and gifts...added to his bad health and tiredness...maybe if he rests a while he may miss us and our crazy gifts!

what i fear the most is that fans never will accept to left aside...and when he's back they will be as oppressive as ever...maybe more!

i suggest, we MFCers, not to be pressing and stressing and overwhelming with him... and being able to make a step back when we see a hint.

i'm sure he will always be grateful for that, even if this will mean having a pic or an autograph less in our pocket!

As usual, words of wisdom from the great Robertina. :thumb_yello:

I totally agree violet_sky. We have been spoiled so far and I think people are in danger of starting to think that included in the price of a concert ticket is a meeting afterwards with photos and autographs! More and more people are becoming aware of Mika and surely there must come a point when either he or his management will say enough is enough. When/if he gets to the stage where he is playing much larger arenas, opportunities to catch him on the way in or out will be few and far between and I think that unless people start to realise that he is under no obligation to meet people and one day might stop doing it completely, there will be a lot of upset people around.

I totally agree violet_sky. We have been spoiled so far and I think people are in danger of starting to think that included in the price of a concert ticket is a meeting afterwards with photos and autographs! More and more people are becoming aware of Mika and surely there must come a point when either he or his management will say enough is enough. When/if he gets to the stage where he is playing much larger arenas, opportunities to catch him on the way in or out will be few and far between and I think that unless people start to realise that he is under no obligation to meet people and one day might stop doing it completely, there will be a lot of upset people around.

I agree (and lets face it, it isn't often Sarahlou and I see eye to eye!...no only joking as she well knows!)

Those of us that have been lucky enough to be Mika fans for a while now have been REALLY LUCKY. I think it was fairly obvious from early this year that one would have to 'get in quick' as far as meetings/autographs/photographs/gift giving etc was concerned. It should be seen as a bonus because, after all, it is the music that counts...that is why we are all here after all (honestly...it is!). It has been a fantastic bonus and lots of us have some very special, happy memories, but it was never going to last forever, it couldn't possibly do so.

I actually hope he liked it. I don't know why I am so insecure about it but I think it is because I know he gets loads and loads and loads of stuff from his fans and they're all creative and original and I don't know but thinking about diminishing marginal utility I fear there might come a day where another pair of hand stitched braces and another necklace with unusual things dangling from it or an additional card or drawing or letter may be nothing but dead freight to him. He will always dutifully say 'thank you' as he was taught by his admirable parents when he was a toddler, but I wonder if it all will still mean something to him. I wonder when this will stop and if this point has already been passed...

Oh but nevermind, I'm talking bollocks as usual, you know me by now and as I feel that I'm sliding gently into a depressive mood I'll leave it at that...

Oh, and I read this only now!!!!!!! That is exactly what I was wondering about and fearing!!! I mean, it must have been wonderful at the beginning, but now all this amount of things that are given to him... I think it is ok with the MFC project, because there are all those cards packed together, I think it's so much better that each fan trying to give their individual cards. What I was thinking is - I'm going to his gig in December and I was wondering how it will be, and also about whether I should give him anything or not. And I thought exactly the same - how much is not too much? It's funny that I want to meet him soo much and imagine it as one of the greatest moments ever, but in reality, for him it will probably be a huge crowd that wants Mika to do the same again and again - all those autographs, photos, presents. I mean, I would like to do smth that makes Mika happier at least for a moment, but the question is - wouldn't the best present for Mika be leave him alone without the loads of presents, cards and endless good-wishes? :boxed:

I actually hope he liked it. I don't know why I am so insecure about it but I think it is because I know he gets loads and loads and loads of stuff from his fans and they're all creative and original and I don't know but thinking about diminishing marginal utility I fear there might come a day where another pair of hand stitched braces and another necklace with unusual things dangling from it or an additional card or drawing or letter may be nothing but dead freight to him. He will always dutifully say 'thank you' as he was taught by his admirable parents when he was a toddler, but I wonder if it all will still mean something to him. I wonder when this will stop and if this point has already been passed...

Oh but nevermind, I'm talking bollocks as usual, you know me by now and as I feel that I'm sliding gently into a depressive mood I'll leave it at that...

dear...i feel the same!

but what can we do?

i'm sure he has started to be tired of fans and gifts...added to his bad health and tiredness...maybe if he rests a while he may miss us and our crazy gifts!

Yeah I feel you Violet_Sky...It is nice to hear that he appreciates our gifts because he does get many gifts...there are so many talented poeple in this world and they don't all belong to the MFC.

Robertina...You are completely right...he is only human and can get tired of the same things, that's just the way it is...but I think we all shall get the "hint" sometime hopefully it'll be clear. He must have so many gifts because we all collaborate in gifts and then there's the individual gifts from people from here and people not a part of the MFC. There's only so many gifts he can have....If it was me I'd run out of places to store my gifts. But at the same time there are always so many creative projectjs going on here that it's hard to stay away from. What's to come in the future remains to be seen but I hope that it will never come to him gettting a gift, not appreciating it, and then just saying thanks to say thanks...which very may well happen if it hasn't happened already. Oh well I guess...there's not much to do to control it, we might as well enjoy it while it lasts I guess

I hope that makes sense...sometimes when I write a lot I get on so many different tangents that it starts not to make sense.:blush-anim-cl:

What can I say, you all put it so well...I agree with all your posts.

And VS, I think I'm with you on feeling like I'm also a bit of a 'downer' due to all the reasons mentioned....

Only natural I guess :shocked:

Yes, I see that problem too. Thing is, Mika himself has set a high standard for himself when it comes to meeting fans. Expectations are high. We're kinda spoilt already. I guess a lot of people would be left quite irritated if he suddenly stopped showing up after his shows to sign stuff and pose with people. At the same time it will become more and more difficult for him to satisfy everybody as the venues he plays get bigger and bigger. It'll be hard to find the right balance. Plus, I hate to say that and I don't mean it meanly, he's not really in need of that much interaction any more now as he has become that big already. So I think keeping up that level of contact with fans will be more out of courtesy than due to the purpose of promo.

Considering the size of venues it'll be quite impossible to get everybody an autograph or pic. Even if he wanted to do it he couldn't. Luckily pics and signatures don't mean so much to me so for me it is easy to step back and abandon. But there's a lot of people out there to whom this means so much and I feel for them if they get disappointed.

That's well put, you are so right, and after all I am quite glad about the fact that he IS human.

And maybe there will really be a day when it all suddenly comes down to the music alone.

You are right :stretcher:

Yes, I totally agree with this too....I think that you made a few important points there Sarahlou.

I feel incredibly lucky and privileged that I managed to see him with such a small audience (itunes) and that I met him, and I will always treasure that memory.

One thing that I do wish to point out, and I admit that it may be very unrealistic, but it's just the way I feel, is that I hope he will stick to 'smallish' venues even if he does get very popular.

I much prefer watching artists in smaller more 'intimate' surroundings, it really is much more enjoyable for me, and it would be a shame if he'd suddenly feel the need to switch to super large venues just to satisfy the demand.

Yes, I know, I already said that it was perhaps an unrealistic thought :naughty:

Also, hasn't Mika himself said that he prefers to play smaller places? Maybe that is good then!!

thanks to anyone contributing to the discussion...we are all right and it's good we try to understand what will be our best behaviour when mika comes back to sing for us....

personally, i experienced something in florence....after he sang - you know it was a festival - a bunch of screaming younger (than me, but not so teenish!) fans went to the side barrier waiting for him to approach....luke came first and they were mad, asking him for kisses! i realized immediately that the space was little and, if i had gone near them i would have been confused with them and their mad screaming.

so i decided to stay behind, and all MFCers like me (but for a few exceptions, very well excusable).

when Mika actually came near the barrier just for a few seconds, oh god! you cannot even imagine the screaming and the shouting and the pushing!

Keiser Chief were already playing and...mika told the girls off for too much shouting! he told them to be quiet as another group was playing! and then he went after signing a small quantity of autographs.

so he did not see me, i could not meet him...but i felt well! just at the thought that i was not confused with them!

Am i too proud? maybe...but i'm sure i will never approach him in such a mess! and of course the mess can only be bigger from now on....

self-condamned to never meet mika again! :sneaky2:

i know, i'm out of topic! sorry mika, this thread was for you.....:wink2:

Good comments , I was thinking about this earlier , how many gigs have we been to expecting to see an atrist?? ... , we pay the money , they play , thats it over , if we meet him or an artist its a bonus and should not be expected .

thanks to anyone contributing to the discussion...we are all right and it's good we try to understand what will be our best behaviour when mika comes back to sing for us....

personally, i experienced something in florence....after he sang - you know it was a festival - a bunch of screaming younger (than me, but not so teenish!) fans went to the side barrier waiting for him to approach....luke came first and they were mad, asking him for kisses! i realized immediately that the space was little and, if i had gone near them i would have been confused with them and their mad screaming.

so i decided to stay behind, and all MFCers like me (but for a few exceptions, very well excusable).

when Mika actually came near the barrier just for a few seconds, oh god! you cannot even imagine the screaming and the shouting and the pushing!

Keiser Chief were already playing and...mika told the girls off for too much shouting! he told them to be quiet as another group was playing! and then he went after signing a small quantity of autographs.

so he did not see me, i could not meet him...but i felt well! just at the thought that i was not confused with them!

Am i too proud? maybe...but i'm sure i will never approach him in such a mess! and of course the mess can only be bigger from now on....

Oh, I can imagine the mess. I think bonjourmika once told that when she met Mika, the crowd was very quiet, but that must have been a very lucky case. I think I would have done the same as you. I don't want to scream and push to the front when I see Mika, but then there is practically no chance to meet him. Still, I wouldn't be happy about getting an autograph or pic if I had been shouting, pushing and annoying Mika and other people to get it.

Oh, I can imagine the mess. I think bonjourmika once told that when she met Mika, the crowd was very quiet, but that must have been a very lucky case. I think I would have done the same as you. I don't want to scream and push to the front when I see Mika, but then there is practically no chance to meet him. Still, I wouldn't be happy about getting an autograph or pic if I had been shouting, pushing and annoying Mika and other people to get it.

I feel the same way. I think we should be carefull not to cross that thin line between fan and stalkish fan. It would sure make me feel better that he thinks of us as loving and supporting fans, who know when to keep their distance, then some bunch of crazy idiots. I'd rather not see him, then annoy him.

But I still think the birthday cards were a great idea, and I loved to take part in it. And I really think he was pleased with the presents, and it was super-nice of him to say thank you. He didn't have to do that, but it made us all feel special and noticed. :thumb_yello:

I feel the same way. I think we should be carefull not to cross that thin line between fan and stalkish fan. It would sure make me feel better that he thinks of us as loving and supporting fans, who know when to keep their distance, then some bunch of crazy idiots. I'd rather not see him, then annoy him.

But I still think the birthday cards were a great idea, and I loved to take part in it. And I really think he was pleased with the presents, and it was super-nice of him to say thank you. He didn't have to do that, but it made us all feel special and noticed. :thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello: :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

i'm always for fanclub gifts!