Open mouth, signature Mika pose?

Valelia

I'm pretty sure he does not think he looks like he is "in the middle of talking" when doing the apple pose. We all know it doesn't look natural, and Mika's not dumb (:naughty:)--plus he has people managing his image, so I think he's well aware of what he does, and how it comes across. Plus he doesn't just half-open his mouth, he also tends to tilt his head back at the same time. I've never seen anyone talk "naturally" while staring at the ceiling.

I do think it is his default "safe" pose. As in, he probably thinks it's his best angle, or the easiest angle for him to take a good photo, and yeah, it is a bit sexy and all that. I'd also assume he might think it's a bit more interesting than the usual smile and so has decided to go for it as his "signature." Most celebrities have one--check out Paris Hilton, she has a very specific angle she prefers.

I actually have a photo pose too, and my sister hates it, hahah. She calls it "the face" and she always yells at me when taking pictures--"you're doing 'the face' again! Stop that! You always do it!" (The sad thing is, I make it so instinctively now I hardly even realize I'm doing it.) I think most of us have a photo-pose; Mika's is just very noticeable.

--Jack

Mmmh, well it means nothing but that some of us have a vivid imagination and think in images a lot. (Me for example, and Blue of course and I think Hannah does it, too...:biggrin2: ) You should try it, it's great fun :punk:

Ohh, and no need to feel stupid :huglove:

me too that is why I buckle up and pmsl when I know I shouldnt :naughty:

LOL! That's really funny. But I understand him: it must be really annoying to pose for every photo with the same artificial smile. Imagine what a bore it would be to open a magazine or a newspaper just to find the same smiling photo of yourself everywhere. :naughty: I'd hate that.

oh I wouldn't never tire of looking at my beautiful smiling face if I looked like Mika in fact I think I would spend a lot of time proposing to my image in the mirror :naughty::naughty:

No right, it was Yop, of course, who else? :punk: Well done, I just wonder why SHE DIDN'T want the APPLE look??

Oh yes, by the time it was taken she didn't KNOW what it was called, she thought it was the bedroom eyes then.... :no:

I love her!!! I want the guts to say that...although I don't know if I would or not cause I haven't gotten a pic with him yet!:sneaky2:

Wow, I didn't expect such a response. I thought I was alone in it!

Well, as for me, I don't mind the pose like how it looks in pics. However, if you look in the video I posted he looks really good while doing it. Like, someone said.. it's kind of a sex face.

[quote=KiteKat;565064

2002413095515346806_rs.jpg

Never mind the watermelon pose, that tracksuit top is like Borat meets Keith Chegwin in Brookside in 1984!!! Possibly the worst thing I've ever seen Mika wear (sorry Mika...) which is a first as he can usually pull most things off!

I'm not a fan of the open mouth pose although I understand why Mika does it. He looks much better either smiling or pouting or even better, just caught off guard and natural :wub2:

I remember at Birmingham when he posed with the MFCers for a pic, Freddie said say cheese, but Mika said "No say potato", something about it looking more natural. So we did, and he was right.

Yes, don't you remember? I was standing next to you. He winked at me.

I was there too and me and Luke said it together!

It's an old modelling trick to show your cheekbones. You open your mouth just as tho you have taken a bite from an apple then bring your tongue forward to cover your teeth. Janice Dickinson always uses it in shoots.

xx

Never mind the watermelon pose, that tracksuit top is like Borat meets Keith Chegwin in Brookside in 1984!!! Possibly the worst thing I've ever seen Mika wear (sorry Mika...) which is a first as he can usually pull most things off!

I'm not a fan of the open mouth pose although I understand why Mika does it. He looks much better either smiling or pouting or even better, just caught off guard and natural :wub2:

...dunno...I absolutely love the tracksuit piece....and it goes perfectly well with this hairdo and the whole 84' look ...and I like Borat :bleh: (Keith Chegwin ? gotta look him up ...sorry :blush-anim-cl: )

I remember at Birmingham when he posed with the MFCers for a pic, Freddie said say cheese, but Mika said "No say potato", something about it looking more natural. So we did, and he was right.

Was Mika secretly a model at some point in his life? Seriously, I'm starting to wonder.

Was Mika secretly a model at some point in his life? Seriously, I'm starting to wonder.

The apple/watermelon/potato/sex face is a giveaway, deffo :naughty:

Now he needs to perfect the pretending-to-look-at-wristwatch pose to have the full male model's repertoire!