The David Bowie Thread

Queenie

Maybe this is a lame question, but I know little to nothing about David Bowie personally except for his music, but does he really have one blue eye and one brown or is that a contact? I noticed his eyes were like that in The Prestige, as well.

I remembered i talked about this in some place but wikipedia will tell you the story better than me tho

When Bowie was age fifteen, his friend George Underwood, wearing a ring on his finger, punched him in the left eye during a fight over a girl. Bowie was forced to stay out of school for eight months so that doctors could conduct operations in attempts to repair his potentially-blinded eye.[9][10] Underwood and Bowie remained good friends; Underwood went on to do artwork for Bowie's earlier albums.[11] Doctors could not fully repair the damage, leaving his pupil permanently dilated. As a result of the injury, Bowie has faulty depth perception. Bowie has stated that although he can see with his injured eye, his colour vision was mostly lost and a brownish tone is constantly present. The colour of the irises is still the same blue, but since the pupil of the injured eye is wide open, the colour of that eye is commonly mistaken to be different

I remembered i talked about this in some place but wikipedia will tell you the story better than me tho

When Bowie was age fifteen, his friend George Underwood, wearing a ring on his finger, punched him in the left eye during a fight over a girl. Bowie was forced to stay out of school for eight months so that doctors could conduct operations in attempts to repair his potentially-blinded eye.[9][10] Underwood and Bowie remained good friends; Underwood went on to do artwork for Bowie's earlier albums.[11] Doctors could not fully repair the damage, leaving his pupil permanently dilated. As a result of the injury, Bowie has faulty depth perception. Bowie has stated that although he can see with his injured eye, his colour vision was mostly lost and a brownish tone is constantly present. The colour of the irises is still the same blue, but since the pupil of the injured eye is wide open, the colour of that eye is commonly mistaken to be different

Yikes! :shocked: Thanks. :thumb_yello: I always wondered, but I wasn't sure if he was just wearing a contact for the effect or not.

His mugshot from 1979.. He STILL looks hot!

1108072bowie1.jpg

Are you sure it´s from 1979? it seems earlier...anyway, he´s hot!! :wub2:

Well, I got it from ontd and there it says it's from 1979. But you're right, it does seem like it's older!

The date on the sign he's holding actually says it's '76. 3-25-76. I'm

pretty sure that's the date of the mugshot.

(I don't know why I'm just catching up with this thread now... I

haven't seen it near the top of my subscriptions in ages, but... anyway...)

dcdeb

The date on the sign he's holding actually says it's '76. 3-25-76. I'm

pretty sure that's the date of the mugshot.

(I don't know why I'm just catching up with this thread now... I

haven't seen it near the top of my subscriptions in ages, but... anyway...)

dcdeb

LMFAO I love how none of us noticed that. :roftl:

Maybe this is a lame question, but I know little to nothing about David Bowie personally except for his music, but does he really have one blue eye and one brown or is that a contact? I noticed his eyes were like that in The Prestige, as well.

I saw that movie just for him.

:naughty:

Really? I thought he was poked in the eye with one of those weird, sharp protractor things.

:blink: Guess not, haha. :)

LMFAO I love how none of us noticed that. :roftl:

Yeah well... I'm the master of the obvious...

And isn't 3-25 his birthday? Oh no... I remember now. It's Elton John's...:)

Hi Queenie! :wink2:

dcdeb

• 4 weeks later...

guys...we forgot David Bowie's birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was two days ago!:shocked:

happy delayed birthday, dear fantabulous supersexy amazing myth of mine!

i will love you till i die!!!

:wub2: :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

btw...he's 61 as Simon! :naughty: :naughty:

Aww that's so sad! I noticed it on the life on mars video.

Hah, not really that said... it was just a brawl between teenage boys over a girl. And Bowie's used the unique look it gave him much to his advantage. Although the loss of vision does suck.

And they remained friends afterwards, which was well and good. :mf_rosetinted:

--Jack

Hah, not really that said... it was just a brawl between teenage boys over a girl. And Bowie's used the unique look it gave him much to his advantage. Although the loss of vision does suck.

And they remained friends afterwards, which was well and good. :mf_rosetinted:

--Jack

:roftl: That sucks...some dumb teeange thing cost him partial seeing ick...

There are a lot of things I love about Bowie. The way he doesn't seem to care about how things are seen. His fans must pull their hair out every time he makes a sharp turn in another direction. But I love it. You never know what the hell he's going to do or why. He just does it.

His music is great. And I want to express my profound love for the 80's songs: Let's Dance, Modern Love, Blue Jean, and China Girl because a little sacrilege goes a long way. Thank God.

hello. i love bowie soo much. i love how modest he is and hes very philosophical. he has a great sense of humor and he can form to any kind of person needed while keeping himself level headed. i really do admire him soo much.:mf_lustslow:

i saw a vid a couple days ago with a clip of him in the broadway play of the elephant man and it brought me to tears. i am an emotional person and his acting was so good and he portrayed the character soo well without makeup or anything else to help him. he amazes me.

sadly i havent seen many of him movies, but that is my goal. ive only seen Labyrinth (my favourite movie ever) and he was in The Prestige too. i loved them both soo much.

right! lurked yr age in yr profile...when i watched furyo at the cinema you were still floating somewhere!!!

i'm so impressed of you young ppl finding an interest in past (sorry bowie!) performers....this is so good, nothing has to be forgotten!

right! lurked yr age in yr profile...when i watched furyo at the cinema you were still floating somewhere!!!

i'm so impressed of you young ppl finding an interest in past (sorry bowie!) performers....this is so good, nothing has to be forgotten!

hahaha, i like that "still floating" reference, lol. makes mesound like a sea monkey, lol. im super happy that i found bowie at such a young age because i really hate almost everything thats popular now-a-days. the only problem is that theres not much of anybody i can connect to thats not on the computer. id rather talk face to face with people.

my biggest fear is that im never gonna get a chance to see him live. im not so worried about mika cause i know he'll be around for a while, but at bowies age and with his money he could quit at any time. unless he suddenly appears in florida at a super cheap price, i might never get to see him :thumbdown: